Four Hurdles to the goal: WC2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Our ugly wimmins ... well, how about we send over a morbidly obese one to serenade you inferior Germans that live North of the major rivers ... because let's face it ... you inferior deutchies launching a remontada just isn't on ... it's over for Holland ... schade deutchies alles ist vorbei (it's OK though you can support the regular deutchies now) ... if you can't hear the fat lady sing already ... that's so very very naive.

[​IMG]

Dwell on the past and Holland's record in world cup games all you want ... still you're starting to sound a lot like those Liverpool fans drooling with nostalgia ... maybe it's no coincidence that Liverpool got a mention in recent posts ITT ... regardless, it's sad that Robben, the only quality player left on the team, will retire from international football with a whimper ... he can't even properly cut inside any longer :cry: ... how come that after the game he was the only player to make a lap of "honour" to thank the fans (who had remained mainly silent throughout)? ... Robben running around on tired legs, abandoned by his teammates, was quite emblematic of this side ... TBH I'll miss the diving Dutch diva ... to pay my respects to baldy: no era penal @arjenrobben no era penal

It's better to have a look at the foreseeable future ... no more Robben ... Holland will be one man short to even be called a one-man team ... TBH he was a pile of broken glass shards, barely glued together, almost always injured ... as things stand now, not a single quality player on the team, not even on the horizon ... who's fatalistic, or better yet, mad enough to want the thankless job of Holland manager? ... Bosz, Koeman, et al. donot want to destroy their careers ... Ten Cate was the alternative last time round ... he's not coming back after that fiasco, I guess ... prepare for the worst Gullit ... gnawing in the back of your mind is the knowledge that the KNVB could very well make it happen ... for those who think they've lost all hope the KNVB can still remove that last bit of additional hope you didn't even know you still had ... if anybody can, it's those KNVB bobos (= bigwigs/clowns) ... they might not even have much of a choice.

PS with only 2 games left to play ... Aurélien Joachim, playing for Luxembourg, is the top scorer in this WCQ group ... come on now ... how hard was this group really ... when even a lululander manages this "feat".

2. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Reported this troll...Hopefully a ban is in order!

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Our ugly wimmins ... well, how about we send over a morbidly obese one to serenade you inferior Germans that live North of the major rivers ... because let's face it ... you inferior deutchies launching a remontada just isn't on ... it's over for Holland ... schade deutchies alles ist vorbei (it's OK though you can support the regular deutchies now) ... if you can't hear the fat lady sing already ... that's so very very naive.="Blondo, post: 35838959, member: 231207"]Our ugly wimmins
    Your women are still ugly, and always will be ugly!!

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Worst comeback ever, bro!!

5. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Lighten up ... it's addressed to our friendly neighbours ... they used to be able to handle it ... maybe not anymore?

6. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    #356 Blondo, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    You're doing a bang-up job yourself ... probably best to leave you be ... you guys seem thin-skinned these days.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL.....no era penal???

Sounds like the last 40 years of your Belgian qualifying achievements......LOL.
    Its not your fault you suck 6 ways to sunday!!! :ROFLMAO:

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I watched both Studio Voetbal and (most of) Voetbal Inside.
    On both shows, there were panelists arguing that the level of talent in the current squad is still decent.
    I think this underestimates the drop in talent significantly.
    It is true that you still have players at some big clubs, like Robben, Wijnaldum and Strootman.
    But with the exception of Robben, none of those are the most important player (or among the most important two or three at least) at their club team.
    You could argue that during the height of the previous generations tenure, this was true for all of Van Persie, Robben and Sneijder. I think you need at least a few of those in your team to qualify with ease.

9. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This is not the thread for that. One or two posts here & there maybe is tolerable. But these gigantic length posts for trolling? You must be seriously jobless...But anyways the people who like discussing football here would probably appreciate this not being turned into a di*k measuring contest between you & Brilliant Dutch, especially if it goes for pages & days.

So maybe you should take it into PM with BrilliantDutch & both of you can have fun that way.

Keko repped this.
  10. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Or maybe he should take it to the Belgian forum, where all 3 or 4 of them can discuss how they will try to make it out of the group stage this summer :thumbsup:

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As one of the moderators of this forum, I don't see anything wrong with Blondo's posts. He has been posting over here regularly. If you don't like what he has to say, you can simply use the ignore feature and you won't see any more of his posts. This does not rise to the level of any type of sanction.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    the complaints about a big drop off in talent are misguided IMO. Look at the last two WCs where the Dutch made both a final and a semi-final. Other than Robben and Snjeider, there were not any world class players. Remember that van Persie was coming back from the injury suffered against Italy in a friendly in 2010 and was not 100% match fit. In 2014 he had the great goal against Spain but did little else. Stekelenberg and Cillessen were just OK keepers. None of the defenders were truly world class and some had very good tournaments. The big difference was that both van Marwijk and van Gaal knew the players inside and out and tailored the tactics to minimize the shortcomings and maximize the strengths. They had a month to prepare for the tournaments and it showed.

I still think back to the break away that Robben had on Casillas in 2010. He scores and the Dutch win the WC and we probably are no longer whining.

Parel and bunbohue repped this.
  13. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Verthongen, Dembele, Alderweireld, Mertens, Chadli, and a few others have all learned to play football in the Netherlands. I think Blondo should thank us for helping to get Belgium out of naphthalene instead of talking nonsense.
    But as Orange14 said, he did not say anything particularly insulting. It's good war between neighbors to tease each other.

Oranje98 and Orange14 repped this.
  14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'll take it a step further, if/when Holland play Argentina in 1978 final at home, do you really think we wouldve lost at home in Amsterdam??!!!

Come on now, we wouldve cleaned their clocks 6 ways till sunday, and the Argies know it!!

Argentina benefited from being the hometeam.
    There's no way they wouldve beaten us at home in Amsterdam in 1978

bunbohue and Orange14 repped this.
  15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why not play every world cup final on neutral ground??
    Its not fair to have your home-country play in the final, its a massive advantage!!

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We play the champions league final on neutral ground, dont we???

So why not the World Cup final???

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No CL final is rotated around Europe and with the exception of games at Wembley in England all the other arenas are club ones. Bayern were at home and lost to Chelsea on penalties in 2013.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We could play them all in Qatar!!!! In recent years, England (1966), Germany (1974), Argentina (1978) and France (1988) are the teams that have won playing at home (4 of 13).

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Holy shit, so I'm on my 8th jenever.
    I hope nobody put fentanyl in my drink.......LOL :laugh:

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Iceland 2 - 0 Ukraine

Unfu__ckingreal!!!!

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'll laugh my head off if Iceland make the 2nd round.
    And I'll laugh my head off even more if they knock out Holland.......LOL

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You really need to switch to bourbon; it's a real man's drink!!;)

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LMAO :D

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm just really upset about the fact we lost THREE world cup finals!!!

How the fook do you manage that???
    One is bad enough, but not 3!!!!

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's a pretty tough group also with Croatia and Turkey. 2 points separate the top four teams.