Four Findings: Turlock 6 Comets 5 OT

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by NSL2004, Nov 26, 2019.

1. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
  2. Inddor Fan

Inddor Fan Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I watched a bit of the win vs San Diego, and chalked it up to a bad game from the Sockers. Maybe they overlooked this team. Maybe they were unprepared for the start of a new season.
    After seeing this article I watched this game vs KC.
    Couple thoughts....
    My first thought when I see this Turlock team is that my Thursday night men's league team would beat them. They just look unfit.
    Is it a good look for the league if this team wins? Or is it better if they get blown out by the teams that SHOULD beat them?
    Then there is the field and the "arena". Good Lord. It's gotta be tough to celebrate scoring a goal in that environment.

KC jumps out early by just putting some light pressure on the defenders and keeper. Should have been a route from there.
    First Turlock goal is all coaching. A 2 man wall, with 1 guy staggered. A guy runs thru and the wall breaks. Then the remaining guys in the wall all turn their backs. Where I'm from, that's a $50 fine and some embarrassing tape review the next day.
    The last goal in OT has to be all coaching as well. A 'Too Many Men' penalty in OT? Come on Man!

Interesting in seeing their next game.....both teams.