Forum-tagline?

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by gaijin, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    It doesn't if you don't consider yourself to be the same ethnicity as a man who defines the word "Russian" as much as anyone.

Easy. My mother-in-law. She is not a child, though, I will grant you that.

My son's is the same and it's derived from sperm and egg, mind you.

Not even close. Inter-religious marriages were much-less common than inter-eye-color ones.

2. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Blue eyes are not a requirement, but a mere descriditation to your attempt to prove me (specifically) a Turkish Mongol.

3. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Marat Izmailov.
    [​IMG]
    Case closed.

4. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Why are those the only options?

5. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Are you telling me that HE looks Russian and that those are a true baby blue? He doesn't look all that Russian to me, and those eyes are an ugly greyish shade. Our friend Marat is only 1/2 or 1/4th Tatar at that.

6. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Even then I never argued that appearance was the deciding factor. Heritage is even more important. Are you telling me the Izmailovs lived in and around Moscow for the past 20 centuries?

7. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    The eyes are quite, quite blue and Marat Nailevich is certainly no less "Tatar" than you are "Russian". Facial features are not what we are arguing about here. If he were less Tatar, his cheekbones would've been less prominent, for sure. But man, oh how many blue-eyed folks I know with HUGE cheekbones! All of them will happily brandish their spotless Line Five, by the way.

8. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Your grandparents had blue ballz too?

No wonder you mix up pizda mit vodka

9. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Best and most respected "Russian" wrestler since Karelin... how Russian is he Shurik? Not Russian ethnically and he knows it, but he did put the Russian flag on the mat and bow down to it after winning the Olympics because he is proud of his nationality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Neither did Vladimir Krasnoye Solnyshko. He probably never even heard of "Moscow".
    And I will not even mention Ryurik.

11. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Much more than you. And I would love to see you argue with him about that.

And, not to wander off too far for examples, whose anscestors, BY THE LOOKS OF IT, were more likely to gang-f**k Alyonushkas in Kozelsk on their way to gang-f**king Zabavushkas in Pskov: Izmailov's, or Dmitri "Line Five" Loskov's

[​IMG]

12. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia

I am about 4-5 years and 2 optimal Olympic weightclasses away from making a strong point. Although I am sure he is more sensible than you in that he is proud of his ethnic heritage which is not Russian, and at the same time proud of his Russian nationality. A nationality you are not proud of due to your constant bashing of everything to do with Russia and that you dont belong to due lack of a RF passport.

13. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Because I am superior to you in everything that matters in determining an ethnicity: language and culture. And, as Mr. Izmailov's case has comprehensively proven, your celebrated facial features are as meaningless as the expiration date on my passport, which certainly doesn't prevent the Russian Tax Service from collecting their draconic 30%.

14. VLADYD

VLADYD Member

Mar 25, 2000
    WASHINGTON, DC
    Yeah Shurka, 30% of what you report or what you actually pocket!!!!??

15. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    This is Russia we are talking about. There is no end-of-year tax declaration. My employer reports my zarplata lock, stock and barrel and 30 pounds of Zhid flesh are cut off automatically.

16. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    XXI's The Merchant of Venice in reverse, blya.

17. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Shurik, you disappoint me, where did I mention anything about superiority? This whole thread I have been rebuking the concept of ethnic superiority and providing numerous examples about how nationality means more to me than ethnicity. Ethnic diversity is a beautiful thing, your pursuit of ridiculous homogeneity is rather sad to me as I would appreciate my appreaciate and be proud of my ethnicity regardless of what it was.

You never answered my question though, since the concept of ethnicity does not exist in America like it does in Russia acording to you: are of the exact same ethnicity as Tyrone Jamal Caprice from southcentral, Torpedo's wealthy neighbour Li Xiao Shing, and Pedro Fernandez who works at Burger King? More importantly, would they accept you as a full fledged ethnic brother? Would even Dick Smith the redneck rancher from Texas even accept you as an equal in between his veiwing of Cowboys games?

18. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    I am not here to answer silly hypothetical questions about America. It has its own racial and ethnical issues which I am not a part of. Legally, I am an American and that's good enough for me.
    My linguistical and cultural makeup is Russian and since things like bloodlines and facial appearances are completely irrelevant, totally indeterminate and only matter to bigots, I say that this is the determining factor in who I am.
    Now, am I Jewish also? Sure. But since I don't speak either Yiddish or Hebrew and my connections to the other aspects of the Jewish culture are very tenuous at best, the biggest defining factor of my Jewishness is the anti-Semites' view of me. And that's not a factor I would want to cherish.

19. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    "In Soviet Russia, internet surfs YOU!"

20. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    You probably missed the thread name. Yours is down below.

21. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Who said being Jewish disqualified you from being from being Russian... them two are not mutually exclusive. Judaism is a religion, being Russian is a nationality. I dont know how well you know your Sports Express colleagues, but I can provide examples of our mutual aquiantances that in my view are Jewish in terms of religion as well as Russian both ethnically and in terms of nationality.

And c'mon Shurik you make this great speech about how America is so great in comparisson in Russia because the concept of ethnicity doesn't exist... and then you akwardly and repeatedly back out of a simple question that is easily answerable if your theory is true. Maybe you dont consider yourself American? Thats fine, to remove the personal: are the four people described above of one and the same ethnicity and do they typically consider each other as such? They are all, afterall, American.

22. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Moving goalposts won't help you.
    The issue was me being every bit as Russian as you, and more. You were asked to provide exact ethnical qualification which I wouldn't meet to disprove this notion. You've failed miserably.

23. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    I will indulge your silliness to a very small extent, though, now that I can be bothered to actually read it.
    The four people you have described are of different races, which is clearly not the distinction between you and me. A much better comparison would be a half-German, quarter-Irish, quarter-Italian Brad Hartley and a quarter-Scottish, quarter-Jewish, half-Dutch Bobby Dykstra. And I see absolutely no problem in their seeing each other as completely the same in all ethnical-cultural aspects.

24. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    this thread has turned into a dark alley and all the street lamps are broken. Can someone please turn on the lights?

25. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    1. I never said you were not Russian, I clearly said I dont know anything about you thus I dont know.

2. You don't look Russian: be it the dark complexion, the roundness of your facial features, your similarity to someone I would expect to be from Lebanon... I dont know. Sure Russia is a fairly mixed country, there are plenty of people that generally look like you and are considered Rossiyanins but not Russians. This doesn't necessairly not make you a Russian ethnically, but you look even more swarthy than the same darker Turkish Mongol Russians that according to you most of Russia is..

3. Your ancesty is from around Russia for the last 3 generations. I would guess your bloodline came from someone else to Russia fairly recently and didnt have time to fully assimilate. You seem to be in agreement with this. Not only that, but your ancesty is from the Russian part of Russia. You come from a place more Romanian than ethnically Russian anyways, a place that is not currently part of Russia. It was once part of Russia the empire that occupied the lands of numerous ethnicities. Being from India didn't automatically make someone ethnically british prior to 1948 and nor does it now.

4. You are hiding from the hard questions and refusing to admit that you wrote complete bullshit on how just how bad and racist Russians are compared to everyone else. Not only does it put into question your entire theory, but those who you so badly want to be a part of ethnically are suddenly not as horrid as you make them out to be. Your logic is paradoxical, this was an actual opportunity to portray Russians in a slightly brighter light and make it more sensible... yet as always Russians are the scum of the Earth... yet you want to be considered one.

5. Nationality, cultural basis, and ethnicity are completely different things.