Forum-tagline?

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by gaijin, Dec 21, 2005.

1. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    It seems to have vanished after 'Shurikgate' (tm) and the whole summer of FSU discontent.

It used to be, if memory serves me right...

Hohly, Moskali and More...

Should we ask the supermods to change it back or should we plump for a new one?

Suggestions are welcome.... :p

Get yer creative juices flowin' :cool:

2. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Konye lubit khuy!

3. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Bump.

Guys, whatever happened to this? Its been a year now and we've still been without one. Can we have the old one back? For retro sake?

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    How about: "in C.C.C.P.'s honor!"

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    or "Glasnost' i Perestroika" - the good old days.

6. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    "Dadyushka Stalin would be Proud"

7. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    "Dogonim i Peregonim"

8. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Lenin and Pals"

9. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Khuy vam!

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Serp i Molot!

Sovki United!

No Pasaran!

11. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    "1 Russian, 1 American, and a boatload of Ukranian Jews"

12. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Joo forget Grizlly unt Dimochka, schmmuck.

Shurik + your humble servant are fin de land of wine, tobacco unt doinas, unt joo are as Russian as I am Tajik.

13. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Actually, between the Scandinavians, the Greeks, the Polovtsy, the Tatars, the Mongols, the Khazars and the Caucasians, all Russians are as Russian as Torpedo is Tajik.

14. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    yeah, but dem are more Russian den Ukrainians are Ukranian.

15. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Fine:

"1 Russian, 2 пиндоса, 1 убожество, 1 Americanized gravesweeper, 1 madcow infested Brit, 1 Moldovan clown, and a boatload of Ukranian Jews"

Happy?

Also, I am as Russian as can be... is dont see you grounds for questioning my ethnicity/nationality.

16. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Who knows... What is a Russian? What is a Ukrainian? What's more important - what is a Tajik?

17. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Answer me 3 questions mitout Googling :

1/ WHo and in which city converted Russia to Christianity?

2/ Who and in which century founded Moscow?

3/ What the original "letopisi" were written on?

18. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    In other words: not really. A bunch of ethnical hodge-pudge bomzhi with nothing unique to them but virulent anti-Semitism and an unnatural propencity for obtaining a reputation of being big drinkers while actually only being good in getting most disgustingly drunk.

To add to the list of TORPEDO's queries: what ethnicity was the god you are worshipping?

And Dostoyevsky is still a major bore.

19. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia

1. Same early pre-tsar dude, I forget what they were called or his name in particular - but Russia was comprised of city states with one city state being predominant. He investigated all the three majour religions, and decided to go with Orthodox Christianity on account of being allowed to eat pork and drink... as well as some other factor that made him prefer it to Catholisism. I believe the conversion was done in either Constantinople or Kiev.

2. No idea who, they had the banner in the metro a while back celebrating Moscow's somesuch birthday... the 6th century?

3. On sheep skin? What letopisi?

20. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia

Hardly hodge podge: original Slavic inhabitants of what is now Russia mixed in with some norse invaders in terms of the "Russian" ethnicity. Being a Rossiyanin can ofcourse mean anything, but the ethnic diversity in our country only makes our culture more rich and layered.

By your hodge-podge standards not many nations have inhabitants of a purer ethnicity than Russia. Care to name some? Perhaps the fervorent patriotism of the USA has some basis on the country being ethnically pure somehow?

Russians both past and present achieved some marvelous things. Yet I will not even bother because you will blindly try to refute everything I say due to nothing other than personal national identity issues and a will to get on my nerves. As a nationality, few have surpassed Russians in terms of contributions to our present world.

21. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I seem to have been voted off the island.:(

22. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Not being stuck up on purity of blood is fine by me, if you accept the fact that I am every bit as Russian as you are. And probably more so, since I have reasons to believe that my command of the language is considerably better (nothing personal, only I make my living with it).
    Something makes me doubt you will.
    And even if you do, 99,999999% of your ethnic brothers (as far as Line Five is concerned) won't. Ever.

Nationality or ethnicity?
    'Cause, you know, Pushkin, Lermontov, Brodsky, Levitan, Eizenshteyn and Kapitsa were not exactly Ryurikovichs.

So... How about that god, then? What ethnicity is the diety the great Russian people bow to?

23. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'll take a crack at it.

1.Christianity in Russia came along long before St.Vladimir. Some documents say that Pre-Azovskaya Rus' partly converted to Christianity in the middle of 9th century, by patriarch of Konstantinopl, Fotiy. Oficially, it was Vladimir, who accepted Greek Christianity on the shores of Dniepr, next to Kiev.
    2.The Moscow that we know wasn't a big city during the times of Dolgorukiy and Nevskiy. Oficially, it was the son of Nevskiy, Daniil, who became the founder of Moskovskoye kniajestvo. It was in 13th century.
    3. don't know....papirus or beresta.:confused:

24. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    It is not oficially taught in Russian schools, but Nevsky was a very loyal vassal of the Tatar khan, like many Russian princes at the time. It was the khan who made him the grand prince of Novgorod.
    Actually, it was quite normal for a Russian prince to ask the khan for military help while trying to dethrone the prince's own brother.
    Ivan the Terrible was more Tatar than Russian and all of the latter Romanovs were basically half German, half English.

25. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    While you may be right on who founded Moskovskoe Knyazhestvo, the question was on who founded the city. Moskva is first mentioned in 1187. That is before the Nevsky and even before his father. I would venture a guess that Vsevolod III, one of Andrei Bogolyubskiy's sons found the town.