Forum Subtitle

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by AndyMead, Aug 26, 2002.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Let's change it!

Carolina Courage
    2002 Double Winners

Carolina Courage
    Best Damn Team in the World

Carolina Courage
    We're Better Than You

Carolina Courage
    We've got Hege Riise, and you don't

Carolina Courage
    Carolina: Soccer Champions - 'nuff said

2. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    we have a man on our team...

3. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    :eek:

:D

Paul

4. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

This sort of comment is not only extremely inappropriate for this thread, but I personally find it to be very offensive. Please consider deleting it.

5. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    No please leave it as a demonstration that, despite how far women have come, they still have a very long way to go. Society's ambivalence toward female athletes continues.

"If you're good, you must be male."

What a crock!!

6. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    I like that one.

7. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Excellent reply XYZ. It is very unfortunate that one of the best female athletes in the world receives this type of mindless comment. :(

8. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

I like it too, but I think it would be best to first make sure that Hege commits to coming back and playing next season for the Courage before considering this one.

9. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

These are actually my two favorites and when it comes down to chosing one, I prefer:

Carolina Courage
    2002 Double Winners

That was quite an amazing accomplishment to not only go from bottom of the table to the top in just one season, but then to also knock off in the semifinals the team that had the best regular season record during 2001, which made it even more impressive. Then to top it all off ,the Courage went on to win the championship by defeating the team that had the best record during the second half of the 2002 season.

10. Klee

Klee Member

Feb 24, 2001
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I nominate:

Carolina Courage
    WUSA Champions

or

Carolina Courage
    Champions of the WUSA

11. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    Re: Re: Forum Subtitle

Uh Oh. Is there some reason to think she would not? Would she stay in Norway? Would another WUSA team be able to lure her away? ????

12. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
  13. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Hege Riise

Hege Riise is at the end of her two year contract with Carolina, but I don't think there is much chance that Hege would ever consider playing for any other WUSA team besides the Courage.

She probably wants to finish her career playing back in Norway for her previous club team Asker, but that doesn't mean she won't give a lot of strong consideration to returning to play for the Courage for at least one more season, perhaps even two. Too bad the Courage didn't have a contract extension already prepared for her prior to the semifinal victory over Atlanta because Hege was so ecstatic after that great win that she would have signed it without even giving it a second thought. :)