Forssell--i want in or let me go.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Clan, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/7574251?source=Evening

Well, this was bound to happen i suppose.It's only surprising that he has only just now said it.Although, being that the window opens up again soon it is probably more a timing thing than a sudden realisation that he's unhappy with his current lot.
    I would imagine that his future at Chelsea will be solely determind on what action, or inaction, is taken with Hasselbaink.

Long term logic would dictate leting Hasselbaink leave and replacing him with Forssell.
    However, if Forssell thinks he will be an every week starter up front and is going to mope because he isn't...well, we might be better off letting him go.

2. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    according to BBC Football

On-loan Birmingham striker Mikael Forssell says he wants to stay at St Andrews after scoring in the 1-1 draw with Wolves on Saturday.

5 goals in 8 games, not bad.

"The loan is until Christmas but everybody is looking at extending it for the rest of season," said Forssell.

"I'm very happy at Birmingham and hope it stays that way

3. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    Re: according to BBC Football

Hate to see him leave just like that..... without ever knowing whether he'll hit it off with Chelsea.

But still it might be the best thing to see him play first team elsewhere than to rot on the bench. I'll leave the rotting to JFH.

4. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some Bundesliga clubs would like to have him.
    My friend always says he has to come back to Borussia Moenchengladbach because he saved them from relegation. I doubt they have enough money for him. Is Chelsea really gonna let him leave?

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Of course nobody but the powers that be at Chelsea thenselves know exactly what will transpire, perhaps, they themselves aren't even sure which way it'll go in the end.

That being said, i would hazard a guess that Chelsea will further the loan deal with Brum untill the end of the season, whereupon in the close season Hasselbaink will be released from his contract and Forssell will be one of the four game day strikers.

6. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    Again, like so much in the press: this is a non-issue. It was writ into the loan agreement that Forssell could be called back at Christmas if Chelsea were having an injury crisis. If that happens, he will be called back, no question. He's in amazing form.

If Liverpool has the money, I would sell him for 20 million pounds, at the end of the season, as I think he would be ideal in their style of play. He is very similar to Owen, maybe not quite the pace, but definitely more tricks.

Or better, I would keep him in the side and use him as our striker for away games in the Premiership, or when we would be likely to play with just one man up top.

Has anyone else at Birmingham scored this season?

7. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    I think that Dugarry got one to his name..... whether there are other scorers in the team is still very blurry to me.

Agreed that Forsell does excell being the lone striker at times when he is called upon to do so..... but would relish him playing next to either Mutu or Guddy as his strike partner..... that would be massive!

8. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Not if we sell them Forlan for 100 million, first!

I'm almost certain David Dunn has netted at least one.

9. bmw9983

bmw9983 New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Boston
    Not counting penalties, Dunn has 1, Clemence 1, Lazaridis 1, and Dugarry 1. (I only checked league games)

10. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    Without Forsell, they'd be faced with a goal drought then wouldn't it? Hope Ranieri comes to his senses and bring Forsell back..... and loan out JFH to Birmingham instead.

;)

11. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Why don't you want JFH playing? Are you mad?

12. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I don't believe it's a question of not wanting Jimmy playing per se, but, rather one of looking at the long term future, it would be better to have Forssell at the club in the place that Jimmy currently holds.

13. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    That's what I suspected, but with the money rolling around the Village, surely you can just keep Jimmy for a year or two, sell Forsell and buy a better youngster (I don't believe Forsell will be good enough to start for Chelsea if they want to be a consistent European powerhouse)

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I think that the reason Forssell is with the Brum is to find out just what he can do against the Prems best defences.Remember, he could have been loaned out to anybody really, especially in the Bundesliga where he was a hit.
    I think thats the reson he is still in England.
    Fair enough, he did well in Germany, but, can he do it at home.

Getting another big name striker to come to Chelsea may not be all that easy.Sure, we have bags of money, but, we still have a limited amount of places available for selection on gameday.We have big names there as it is who wont play, another may not want to come unless he is given a guarantee of being selected for games, that would be a surefire way of causing unrest in the camp.

Now, getting a "better youngster" wouldn't do us an good at all really would it if Forssell can hack it in the Prem, and, so far he is doing alright.
    We wouldn't need to take a chance on another youngster as we would have 4 proven strikers-Crespo-Mutu-Gudjohnson-Forssell on the books.

IMHO, ot all leads up to a JFH exit.

btw...we have a good up and coming youngster that seems to have been forgotten about in all the buyings lately, namely, Carlton Cole.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  16. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    The 'what if's'.

What if Forsell wants out next summer and Ranieri relents..... will JFH gets to keep his place?

What if by next summer, both Forssell and JFH leaves?

On a personal level, would still want Forsell back at Bridge this December. I seriously think that it'll be a waste to let him go to other teams after finally getting Forsell playing at this level.

17. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
  18. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Leon Knight

Whilst on the subject of our young forwards it is good to see that Leon Night is doing well at Brighton I see he is leading striker in that league.

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: DARN IT ! @#$%@#$%@#$%

It would seem though that Ranieri does have plans for them.
    This i like, taking players that have proven worth in the league as opposed to players that have reputations.

I would say though, reading between the lines, that JFHs days are numbered at Chels.