Former Sporting players news.

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by vilafria, Dec 5, 2014.

1. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bruno Fernandes names PL player of the month, not surprising given what he's done there. What a stud

SCP_16 and ScpBoy77 repped this.
  2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Borja with a golaço to secure the 3 pts for Braga. Why do these players never do this for us?

SCP_16 repped this.
  3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He's still ass and I still don't want him anywhere near this team.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Interesting stat i saw on twitter.

Acuna was voted in the la liga best XI. Thankfully we ended up with a wonderkid to replace him, but we all remember how he was constantly criticized for his temper and getting sent off at crucial times last season, but in La Liga he hasn't been red carded in 38 matches and only got 5 yellows total.

I wonder why the sudden change? Maybe this just shows how bad the reffing is in Portugal.

SCP_16 repped this.
  5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it’s that for sure, and the prestige is greater in Sevilla so these players want to step their games up. That’s a well run club with history of winning cups and veteran leadership. He couldn’t act a fool there and get away with it.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Former Sporting CP player and league title winner Joao Mario rescinds his contract with Inter to facilitate his move to cross-town rivals Benfica.

7. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Let me get this straight. Inter rejects sportings offer for JM and now rescinds for “zero” to help facilitate move to slb

and people wonder why viera is in jail.

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

The idea is that Benfica give him a signing bonus which is then paid back to Inter. All of that sounds completely illegal and I'd have to think that UEFA would need to intervene.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    This is gonna be a complicated and ugly topic.

First of all, Joao Mario makes 4 mill a year, Palhinha, Matheus Nunes and Braganca together make 1 mill a year (they should get a raise for their performance). Sporting was right to not accept that kind of contract. Thanks for helping us win a title.

I can understand he's a professional and what not. Rescinding your contract just to avoid having to pay us? Inter who desperately need $$$ suddenly a charity club? Did anyone put a gun to Inter's head to agree to the clause that said we would be due money in case he returned to another club in portugal?

Just the fact that they are doing this just to avoid the clause in my eyes supports Sporting's case in an eventual court case.

And then people don't understand why the fans say "0 idolos".

And going by Adan's response, it seems the squad's motto is "who isn't with us is against us" Adan was questioned about it (they shouldn't be asking players this) and he just said "I don't talk about rival players".

At least the next derby will be fun. Can't wait to see Palhinha with one of those famous sweeping sliding tackles on him.

SCP_16 and natenate101 repped this.
  10. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    The next few days should be fun. Really intrigued to see how this all plays out with that piece of garbage. This is clearly all illegal.

11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Told y'all this dude was ass. I guess I'd be more upset if this dude wasn't such a weak, one-dimensional player. The issue I have is the money that is owed to us via the anti-rival clause. I've heard some people say it isn't legal. Not sure what's true, but if history tells us anything, it's that UEFA never rules in our favor with these things. For example, where's the money that Rafael Leao owes us?

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    With Leao its going back and forth, apparently he was condemned to pay, but now the appeal went the other way. These things take years.

13. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    There are some under the table deals going on for sure....Why would Inter not take 7.5 from Benfica or 5 from us for JM instead of letting him walk? They are so generous I guess :p

14. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They're still getting their money. It's just not visible.

Maybe Rui Pinto will uncover the truth.

15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Totally forgot about Leao, that piece of garb still owes us money. Hope they keep pursuing this.

these anti rival clauses do seem kinda sketchy tbh, an open market should be open. But this is even more sketchy, begging for an investigation.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    No one forced them to sign the contract. They wouldn't do this if they werent afraid of potential consequences.

17. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Thats ********ing bizarre, in a not surprised kind of way if that makes sense. Definitely needs to be investigated.

18. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    100%

how do you reject 5 mil offer and then rescind contract couple of weeks later?

19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Did Inter reject the offer or did Joao Mario?

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I think we did make a bid but not near the 7.5M they asked for.

Anyways, it's official. Almost wants to make me puke how this guy was one of our captain (we've had a great recent history of captains eh?)

[​IMG]

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yea I like SCP's response. If we truly wanted him here, he'd be here. We aren't paying 4 millions Euros a year for 2 PKs and an assist. That's terrible ROI.

That being said:

• Inter rejected our offer, then rescinded their contract with him, which was done to circumvent the anti-rival clause, but still nullifies any argument they have in court.
    • Inter has the same language in their contract with PSG regarding Mauro Icardi. So the fact that they went through this shady loophole to avoid it should, in theory, nullify their clause with Icardi or work against them in SCP's case.
    Ultimately, I'm just hoping they are forced to pay SCP the money SCP deserves. Outside of that, I couldn't give two shits about a useless player like Mario. Dude is too weak to make an impact on the field.

OndaVerde repped this.
  23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #273 fdasilva, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Inter responded saying the accusations are false, defamatory and with no basis of truth. LOL! So you have 2 offers that were public, one from Benfica for 7.5M and the other from us for allegedly 5.5M. And then suddenly you rescind the contract with the player and he's gonna join for free? So Inter Milan is suddenly a charity club when they need $$$ ?

Honestly I was happy for them to win Serie A but they can go ahead and crash and burn now.

The true heir to JM's spot - he has everything to make the spot his;

SCP_16 repped this.
  24. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I hope Palhinha breaks his legs

SCP_16 repped this.
  25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The whole "0 Idolos" thing is starting to make more sense. It's not a motto to cause hostility to any footballer. It's a way of saying: Football has shifted. Players no longer play for the shirt, and are considered "assets" in a business transaction now. We've had too many cases now like this. Today your professing your love for the club, and tomorrow your joining a rival for more money. Football has changed.

That's why I'll never ever get a kit with a player's name on the back. Feel sorry for those who had a Joao Mario shirt.

OndaVerde repped this.