Former Rev Questions "Big Luke"

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Scott Zawadzki, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Scott Zawadzki

Feb 18, 1999
    Midlothian, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I'm a bit out of the loop out here in Virginia and no longer in close contact with the Verc family, can anybody tell me what Luke Vercellone ended up doing this season?

Scott

2. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    He's playing for the Charleston Battery I believe.

3. yankeexpride

yankeexpride New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Virginia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ya i saw him in some results on mlsnet.com from that cup the battery hosts.

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    played well in the teh Battery/RBNY match, was fairly decent in the Battery/DC match

watched him yesterday in a scrimage against the Wilmington hammerheads and he played well but it was a phycial game with a lot of fouls and not much flow. I would expect him to get a contract. haven't spoken to him but Chris Bagley (Former Battery, flirted with the Revs, and now with Wilmington) spoke highly of him, I guess they played together in high school or college

mikey

5. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Z,

You were "out of the loop" when you lived in Halifax, you daft referee!:D

Anthony is at Saint Anselms' and Christian is at Seton Hall.

The PS Dome blew down and they have had problems constructing the replacement.

Regards,

Mr S

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luke officially signed with the Battery last week.

Last night in the Battery v. Village United (a jamaican team) Exhibition, he played left mid in our 4-5-1 formation and did very well. He put several quality balls into the box including an assist to set up the first goal in the 4th minute.

Battery went on to control most the game and other than a non-handball call by the refs, would have kept a clean sheet and should have made it 4-1 with two missed sitters. that preseason though and hopefully they will get it out of there system in the next couple weeks.

Either way the Battery look good and Luke seems to be fitting in nicely. another preseason match next weekend at Wilmington against the Hammerheads and then our season opener on April 29 against Virginia Beach at our house.

Mikey

7. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Battery have quite a collection of South of Boston players. Besides Luke Vercollone, there is Tim Karalexis (Weymouth & St. Anselms College) and Chris Corcoran ( Marshfield & St. Johns University).

Wilmington Hammerheads have Chris Bagley (Weymouth & St. Anselms & former Rev) , Kevin Nylen ( Ipswich & St. Anselms) and Paul Chase (Attleboro & Boston College).