Former Barca Players - [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Kobranzilla, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punished

Punished New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Why don't i hear anything on here about Oleguer leaving to Ajax?

2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The celebration took place in the transfers thread.

3. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Not for everyone. :eek:

4. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Stoichkov has a new book out. He even mentions the ever so COLOURFUL commentator. :D

The bold part should be the last line:
    ...even when talking about Ray Hudson, who was his coach at DC United, he assures that he was "another Van Gaal, he didn't even have a ********ing idea"...

5. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Pssst, just between you and me... notice where it says inside the quote box "Originally Posted by". The code for that is [QUOTE =]. This is a guess, but I think you put a second quote code immediately after the first code but without closing it. Notice how right after it says "Van Gaal" the closing code for bold is cut off. That last ] is closing the second quote box you have at the very beginning of the quote that isn't closed. If you take away the second "[quote =" you had put in it should've been posted correctly. Anyway, I'm probably making no sense with this, huh? Either that or you're not understanding what the heck I'm saying. No big deal. Thankfully it's just between us two. Don't worry, mum's the word.
    ;)

6. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    I know what you're saying, but I think it was my computer acting up, I had to restart it. The quote was from sport paper, all I was trying to do was

7. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I would've fixed it, but I enjoyed unclesox's response too much to erase it. :p

8. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    :D me too.

9. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Guys and Josie :rolleyes: ;

Why does Stoichkov hate/dislike Van Gaal so much? Excuse my ignorance when it comes to the history of the club :eek:

10. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Van Gaal was an idiot, putting it lightly. He was obsessed with "systems" and wasn't much for creative play(ers). He was an easy target for journalists too. Here's the classic:

http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=-8583073255819627915&hl=en

The fact that he was re-hired by that moron Gaspart is a testament to Gaspart's ineptitude.

11. Cormhag

Cormhag New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Ireland
    Em, has anybody else watched any of the spurs pre season games?

*Looks around for Lucho*

Dos Santos is looking, well, really good. He's set up something like 8 goals and knocked 1 or 2 in himself. I never thought I'd like him at Spurs and warned fellow supporters to not expect anything but . . .

12. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pre-season means exactly nothing. Lets see how he is doing around Christmas.

13. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  14. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
  15. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
  16. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He is a ticking time bomb.....as Natty mentioned, only time will paint the appropriate picture. Dos Santos will inevitably become the football equivalent of Clay Aikon.

I find it so ironic my favorite player managed to link up with my favorite team.

Never a world class club with an already has been overhyped sensation.

17. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Hi all,

just thought i'd post an update on Marc Crosas for you. he made his competitive debut for Celtic yesterday at home to Falkirk in front of 57,000 fans when he replaced Scott Brown with 20mins to go.

here he is coming on -

[​IMG]

he may have only been on the pitch for 20mins or so but he was very impressive in that time. always wanting the ball and he seemed to be involved in almost every move. he wasn't afraid to take the ball in, even in very tight spaces and he linked up well with Nakamura, McGeady and Maloney.

he pinged some lovely cross field passes to Naka and if Chris Killen was a bit sharper of foot and of mind then he'd have got on the lovely through ball Marc played for him.

Gordon Strachan eased him in yesterday but i believe we'll see a lot more of him as the season progresses.

if you're interested i'll keep posting updates on how he's getting on in Scotland.

p.s. reports from the training ground suggest that his teammates have been extremely impressed with him and he seems to be settling in well.

18. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Yes, thanks. Would be nice to hear how he is doing, settling in. Looks great in that jersey! ;)

19. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude no one takes you serious when it comes to you talking about Dos Santos. You clearly don't like him for reasons other than his play or his skills. I'm not sure what that reason is and I really don't care either. It's ok that you don't like him. Just don't try to talk much about his playing because in reality the kid is just as good as people say he is.

He's still young and will grow as a player, you have the right to think otherwise BUT you'd be wrong.

20. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    On Saturday I watched Bayern Munich against Dortmund and Van Bommel was sent off after only 22 minutes. He received two bookings for two seperate fouls and had also been booked the previous week against Hamburg.
    The commentator said that MVB has a reputation for being "a hard man" but I don't recall him being like that with Barcelona. :confused:

21. El Guero Sin Fe

Sep 27, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Cheers Frasermc - thanks for the update.

About Gio DS: he was impressive for Barca last preseason and we all know how that turned out. I follow Spurs [mostly because I have a buddy who is utterly obsessed by them] and they've gotten off to a dreadful start. GDS has been "lively" but so far hasn't produced the goods.

Part of Spurs problem is the Berbatov distraction, part has been their inability to replace Keane. But it also seems like they have fashioned a team that is better suited to another league with signings like GDS and Modric.

22. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  23. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I wonder when he's going to retire (he's 36)

24. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
  25. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    The article uses, like every other article I've seen on Motta since he left FCB, the SAME OLD PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Btw, I can't find it right now, but it was either sport or elmundo that reported just the other day, that he was going to be (at Atletico) payed by game played. Interesting... ;)

ps: I still think he's "photogenic", depending who shoots him, of course. :rolleyes: