Former Barca Players - [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Kobranzilla, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^^henry = legend, even if he flops hard from now on lol.

was it ever mentioned here that Toure won the african player of the year, the guys an animal and i still miss him in the team. Such an unfortunate situation that he had to leave with busquets starting every game(which is also understandable seeing as busquets suits this team so much).

I just love how many different talents yaya has, headers? long range? placed shots? passing? through balls? left/right foot? speed? strength? plus the fact that he can play centreback(vs manu and chelsea for us), anywhere in midfield or even striker at times for city. Very much deserved african player of the year.

2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meanwhile, in Dagestan, Russia...

3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Rivaldo is playing since 2 weeks ago in the Kabuscorp S.C.(Angola).:eek:

4. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Official: Former (2005-06) Barcelona forward Maxi Lopez (27) has joined Italian club AC Milan on loan until June, from Catania

Official: Former (2008-2009) Barcelona defender Caceres has joined Italian Club Juventus on loan until June with an option to buy, from Sevilla.

5. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  6. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ten million! Didn't we let him go for free?

7. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yup.
    Free transfer to Atletico.
    Free transfer to Genoa from there.
    Then Inter paid who knows how much to Genoa for Motta and Diego Milito.

8. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ronaldinho Gaúcho (Flamengo/BRA) scored a beutiful goal tonight against Real Potosí(BOL).

The cariocas won 2:0 and qualified to the 2nd stage in Copa Libertadores.

9. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nice to see my beloved Ibra (recently voted best player in Italy) saying some nice things about Pep :)

He's quoted as saying that he thinks Pep is a fantastic manager and admitted that he'd voted for him as the best manager .

When asked if he'd work with him he said "of course , but would he work with me ??"

Wonder if we could get him back on loan .... until the end of the season. ?LOL

10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    wow. you really do see this guy through rose coloured glasses. he may be your most beloved player, i can respect that. but he has really grown to be the player i dislike most, even more than CR7.

when i read your quote i actually thought for a moment that the guy was finally starting to come to his senses and understand that he has no one to blame for his failure but himself. good for him...finally, i thought.

but then i see the full interview and the whole quote:

Would you work with Pep again?
    "As it is now, no. Because I don’t have answers about what happened. But what I think about him is nothing personal and it doesn’t mean that I think he’s a bad coach, because when I got to vote I said he was the best coach in the world. I don’t know if that’s why they gave him that title, I guess not! But I was one of them that voted for him, because the person and the coach are two different things, and as a coach he is fantastic or else he wouldn’t win all the trophies he wins and make a team like Barcelona. But my thing with him was as a person, so you should never say no because people say no today and maybe yes in the future. The question is: would he work with me?"

....dude still doesn't get it, he never will...no one owes him any explanation, where does that sense of entitlement come from? all the explanation anyone needs are right there in his own words in his book (discussed earlier in this thread).

and you really think he's saying something nice about Pep here?? (good coach, bad person is what he's saying FYI)

oh, and the answer is a big NO, Pep would obviously not work with him again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well Ibra aside , We may lose the league by a record points difference ..... we need someone on loan or something !!

12. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Transfer window is closed. Reopens for business in July.

13. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What about loan deals , I thought they had different dates and rules !!??

14. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    nope.
    as far as i know, the only time exceptions are made are for replacements for long-term injuries. the injuries to villa, affelay, and fontas could have given us justification to bring someone in, but there isn't really anyone out there that is both available and better than what we've got in the cantera.

and seriously, zlatan is not welcome back under any circumstances, give it up. bringing in a new player at this point won't solve anything. keita, iniesta and pedro are already back and affelay is starting to train again, these are all the reinforcements we need.

15. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Deco goal yesterday for Fluminese

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnebu7evXEo"]GOLAÇO de DECO pelo FLUMINENSE contra o VASCO - YouTube[/ame]

16. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadistic goal by Maxi Lopez, yes, the same Maxi Lopez who Eto'o used to have to steal the ball from since Maxi could neither score for us nor make good passes. This one forced OT in the Milan v. Juventus Italian Coppa semifinal with Juventus won in OT:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX0vQPu7IK0"]Maxi Lopez goal against Juventus | Coppa Italia | 2012-03-20 - YouTube[/ame]

he is on loan from Catania and should be free to play CL against us.

17. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Oh forgot about this thread, Jeffren scored a great goal for Sporting the other day.
    Cant find it on youtube.

18. Former Barcelona players coaching

This weekend two former players of Barcelona face each others in a make or brake match in the Dutch league:
    Philip Cocu (PSV) and Frank de Boer (Ajax).
    Two other former players coach Feyenoord, Ronald Koeman and Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

Kluivert is coaching the Youth team of FC Twente.

Are there any other former Barcelona players coaching non Spanish teams?

19. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: Former Barcelona players coaching

Luis Enrique at Roma! I can't think of others ATM...

I will merge this thread with the Former Barcelona Player' Thread... ;)

20. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I found a few who are currently holding down positions somewhere in the footballing world:
    José Mari Bakero was at Lech Poznan since 2010 but was let go in February.
    Robert Prosinecki played one season with Barca and has been coaching at Red Star Belgrade the last two seasons.
    Laurent Blanc also put in one campaign at Camp Nou. He's now coaching his country's national team (France).
    Juan Antonio Pizzi, who played two seasons in the mid-90s, is coaching Rosario Central in his native Argentina.
    Luis Enrique is spending his first season with Roma.
    In January Hristo Stoitchkov took over at Litex Lovech.

21. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Laurent Blanc Coaching the French NT...

EDIT: Unclesox beat me to it.

22. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Ernesto Valverde coaching Olympiacos.

Johan Neeskens coaching Mamelodi Sundowns in South Africa.

How could we forget Maradona :p he is coaching Al Wasl in United Arab Emirates.

Then there are some that recently were coaching non Spanish teams too. Like Victor Muñoz, Albert Ferrer, Bernd Schuster, Micheal Laudrup...

23. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pep Guardiola, coach of Qatar NT in 2022. ;)

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

He's getting paid a ridiculous amount of money per year, I think like over 2m, plus I think they gave him a huge apartment. The arab teams love throwing money around for anyone :p

25. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

FYI, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar are hardly representative of the Arab world. you do not see Palestinian, Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese, Iraqi, Tunisian, Algerian, Egyptian, Moroccan, Libyan, Sudanese, Omani, Mauritanian, Eritrean, Somali, Yemeni, Kuwaiti, Bahraini, or even Saudi clubs "throwing money around."

Perhaps what you meant was oil-funded teams?? which, besides the UAE and Qatari clubs, would also include teams like ManCity, Malaga, Chelski, Ahnzi Makhachkala, probably even our own Barca through it's Qatar Foundation sponsorship, and several others as well. If that's what you meant, then yeah, these teams really are throwing money around!:)