Former Barca Players - [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Kobranzilla, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the support :). Yes besides the missed penalties which are inevitable with the Dutch :)() he was absolutely brilliant. I mean how many players score a hat-trick in a European Final? How many players have scored 40 goals or more for their country? How many players have come off the bench to win their team (Ajax 95) the CL? How many players have been subject to this much hatred from their own country? I wish I knew all the answers to these questions but the point I'm making is that PK meant to much and yet people always find the things he didn't do...

2. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
  3. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  4. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Guys, I'm kind of noticing an interesting trend with Dutch players. First they rise to the spotlight in Ajax, move to Barça and reach their peak, and then go to PSV to end their days :D.

5. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good luck to Koeman in finding a way to make PK useful. He is a good three seasons from even being a positive contributing member of any squad.

6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    "Guardiola Has Drugs Conviction Overturned"

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=455763

"Josep Guardiola has had all doping charges against him dropped six years after he served a four-month ban and was fined €50,000 for steroid abuse while playing for Brescia."

7. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good for Pep.

9. Me+11

Me+11 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    I would like to ask about Ricardo Quaresma. What is his problem with Rijkaard? I think he is good and even better than CRonaldo.. but his time in Barca is too short and not so nice it seems..

10. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Quaresma thought he was a superstar before he had matured as a player. SOmething that will always hold him back is his attitude nothing to do with FR.

11. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to provide detailed analysis of his passing ability, but since I've never seen him pass the ball...

12. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He can pass...but only with the outside of his boot.

13. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Actually, I think I remember him passing when he was at Barca. It was during the pre-season and he couldn't get to a long pass or bobbled the ball into touch or something like that. Right after the linesman signaled for a goal kick he passed the ball into the sponsors' signage. Real hard. Then pouted.

I think him saying something to the effect that he'd never play for Barca while Rijkaard was manager pretty much sealed his fate.

14. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    *bump* :D

PK9 is now in Ligue 1 playing for Lille.

And I don't feel sorry for Hasenfeffer Saviola.

15. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Was that one of Granny Clampett's delicacies? :p

16. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Resurrecting this thread because USCule couldn't stop bitching about my "obsession" with Real Madrid :rolleyes::D:p

17. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    No, I think we'd all rather see one thread to talk about many former Barca players than many threads about former players.

It's also about not cluttering the board with a shitload of threads that don't warrant much discussion on their own.

18. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    True, USCule was getting ********ing annoying.

19. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    cute.

then again, maybe Real Madrid poisoned me (with annoying juice) :rolleyes:

20. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    :p:p:p

21. Richarded

Richarded Member

May 16, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    you two really should kiss and make up.

22. Pateau

Pateau New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Toronto
    Message from Ronaldinho to Barcelona FC

This was posted on Milan's spanish website. Translated to English below. Classy gesture by Ronnie.

"First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to the fans of Barça. I have always felt their affection. I was very happy in Barcelona because the people always gave me great feelings. I always felt these sensations on my path, and they gave me strength at all times. I enjoyed playing football for Barça and I loved the enjoyment of the fans. I felt close to the people of FC Barcelona, who have always shown me their affection. I remain with the dream of one day being able to say goodbye at Camp Nou.

"I am going to a great club, but with a sense of loss for having left a place where I was happy, in which we shared not just triumphs but, above all, emotions as well. Brazilians also play football to make people happy: that was a goal of mine and I'm glad to have succeeded.

"Also, I want to express my thanks for the support I received from each of the players with whom I shared a dressing room. For me it was an honour to play alongside footballers of both high professional quality but also of humility. We had a great group, and each member contributed to its success. No one player wins anything along. I owe thanks to my companions and the club for the individual trophies that I've won at this stage - it was especially gratifying to win the Golden Ball and the FIFA World Player award. I thank you because here I experienced some of the best years of my life.

"I don't wish to forget the coaches, the masseurs, the doctors, the club workers, and the employees because they were also a part of our triumph. I give extensive thanks to the club directors who have supported me, and the press members who were alongside me for those long years.

"I am left with the best moments of an exceptional spell. There were many, many of them. I loved living happily in Barcelona and with Barcelona. I keep in my heart all the affection. Football is a game, it's a fiesta, it's a sport that gives joy and spreads joy. We need to play football with a smile. That's something we understand. Thank you for smiling with me."

23. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  24. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Re: Message from Ronaldinho to Barcelona FC

I recommend this is merged to the Former Barça Players thread.

I'd just like to say that I'm impressed if this is what Ronaldinho himself really wrote. It sounds like the good old Ronnie and not the one that said, "No questions about Barça now. I want to enjoy Milan". If it's from the heart and not something AC Milan's people or his agent advised, I truly wish him all the best in his new surroundings.

25. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Merged this with the "Former Barca Players Thread", because he is now a former barca player, and as I've said before, Ronaldinho doesn't deserve his own thread on this forum anymore.