Former Barca Players - [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Kobranzilla, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is particularly about PK9 - our old boy Kluivert....

Seems his run in Valencia is over

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=412077&CPID=23&clid=191&lid=10&title=Kluivert's+Che+career+looks+over

The fall from his top form with Ajax and briefly with FCB was QUICK

Who will take him on? Who would want to? I am not sure what he brings to the table anymore, I mean if you want someone to come in, get paid a lot of money, run around and miss a sitter when it is harder to miss then score...then I guess he is your man

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unfortunately, i think it is time for him to head to the middle east :(

i'd prefer him to go to holland or a french squad, hell, he might even be able to get a pay-day in russia. mls? ;)

3. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They should sell him to one of the smaller clubs in Spain, maybe Levante or Recreativo. I think he could thrive there, specially if the club is in a small town(with no nightlife).

4. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
    The dude is only 30 years old and he has already fallen off the face of the earth. I feel for him, I hope he can regain a small fraction of that early magic and finish with class.
    There is a spot open for him at Utrecht :D.

5. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Maybe Winston Bogarde needs some help with his concert promotion business. :D

6. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    I really used to like him in his early Barca days :eek: At least he had a few good years. Hoping he finds his form again with a smaller club...

7. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if his ego would allow him to play for a Recreativo or the like....

The article mentioned Celtic, but I dont see that happening...

And now the starting forward for The New Jersey Metrost errr Red Bulls.... Mr. Patrick..........

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Is that a match made in heaven or what? :D

9. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chrisc again.

But seriously, it seem like they were the same player...one just hung at the nuo camp longer than the other

10. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    I feel bad for Kluivert but i understand why he has failed to make the grade at the Mestalla. Che looks more competitive and surely they don`t need to waste money on him and he also made a mistake of going to the premiership, he should have stayed in the primera with a mid table side. Also last season injuries were a constant nightmare to him. He needs to join a mid table or any team which is competitive in the lower part of the table and resume scoring goals.

I hope he doesn`t end up like Borgade because Borgade`s story was soo sad. Chelsea didn`t do him justice even if i was shocked he fell off the radar that quick. I mean his last season with us he was still a starter at left or central defence and he was still a Dutch international. Just like Kluivert he was also faced with some bad injuries and made some bad decisions in joining Milan and even Chelsea. Personally i don`t blame him alot as money seemed to be the motivating factor in those moves.

The only difference is that having signed a hefty contract with chelsea, they couldn`t get rid of him, he refused to because he wanted to earn the 45000 pounds a week pay as per his contract, so they let him train with the reserves and play youth team football and they even didn`t give him a squad number in his last years of the contract, basically he never made any contact with the senior side.

I don`t know who to blame him or chelsea, he wanted the money and refused to have his contract cancelled or be traded some where to play for less and chelsea didn`t want to keep him but they had no choice since he was still under contract.

also he was unfortunate in that just when he seemed to have settled at Barca under Van gaal, the coach got fired, the same happened at chelsea under Vialli who lost his job to Ranieri. Both times poor Borgade fell out of favor with the new coach.

I hope kluivert fights his way back with another team but he needs some serious effort to be put in.

11. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Bogarde was a way below-average player on a very good, well-organized Ajax team where the whole was much greater than the sum of its parts. I definitely don't blame him. Hell, three different teams thought he was a player up to the task of excelling in the top leagues in Europe.

As for Kluivert, I don't feel bad for him one bit. He's made plenty of $$ off of being a talented player that only played when he felt like it and never showed up when it mattered. Not a guy I'd want on my team.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It is quite sad because he used to be good. I don't know if too many injuries and maybe a bad attitude killed his career, who knows?

13. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have to say he's my favorite player of all-time. I used to idolize the guy growing up. His days at Ajax and here were stuff of legend. The contributions he made for Oranje are priceless. After all he is still the all-time leading Dutch goal-scorer. Its so sad to see the way he is bashed around by the Dutch media and even by fans of Ajax and some of you guys here. It really sickens me. He had all the qualities a striker could want. If only he and Ruud had been able to coexist as a strikeforce Oranje would have been unstoppable. Sadly that jnever happened. His goal that won the CL for Ajax in 95 IIRC was my favorite moment of hima dn yet those ungrateful Ajax fans still beat him up and treat him like he's nothing. It really pisses me the fcuk off! He comes from the same roots as I and I really feel sorry for him. Hopefully he goes t Feyenoord and shuts up the fcuking critics! Good ol PK I'll always appreciate the good things you did unlike some people here...*sigh* End of rant.

14. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  15. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Easy, pal. No need to take it so personally. Yes, he's talented and was great for Holland and Ajax, which aren't the teams we're discussing in this thread. I was criticizing his stint at Barca. In my opinion, it had a lot more downs than ups, both on the field and off.

16. vanGobbel redded

vanGobbel redded Red Card

Jun 17, 2006
    Amsterdam
    One of the most complete attackers ever..with a lot of personal problems which caused him to in the situation he is in now.

17. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I know I do get worked up but he's the only player I would ever defend like that. I know he's had more than his fair share of controvery but damnit he was on another level when in his prime. I thought he did quite well when he was here. After all it was he and the whole Dutch contingent that got in into supporting Barca. Ah I remember it now...the de Boer's, Cocu, PK, Overmars, and I can't remember the rest. :cool:

18. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked the Kluivert era at Barcelona, in fact those were the days that got me into the team.

19. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Looks like PK may be headed to Fulham next year. At least a top side is still willing to give him a chance to resurrect his career. I wish him the best.

20. sweet nick willy

sweet nick willy New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...Reiziger, Zenden, Ruud Hesp...:cool:

21. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes good for him. As soon as he hits the goal-trail I can finally smile again.

22. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    HELL YES! LEGENDS! :cool:

23. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    um, i dont think Fulham is a top side

24. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Well I meant any top division side. At this point he'll be lucky not to end up in second division obscurity.

25. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Ask around a bit here, and you'll find out Chico had PK's back right up to his final, difficult year at Barca. Thing is, with this guy, you either love him or hate him...it just so happens that i have too many good memories of the dude, specially with Oranje, to be anything less than an admirer. So yeah, i can definately see where you're coming from...