Former Barca Players II - from Assulin to Zambrotta

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, May 21, 2012.

1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Traore and Delefeu were rated as two of the top ten forwards for Dec in one of the publications

2. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watching the ends of CdRey matches with Betis and Celta today I managed to see Rafinha, Denis Suarez, Tello, Bartra, and Alena today. All Liga good players but none scream that they should be on Barca.

condor11 repped this.
  4. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Anyone know how Yerry has done since leaving Barca (apart from the Watford match)? I don’t follow much EPL.
    I always liked him and wished he had stayed and given a chance.

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He’s been steady as far as I know .. Everton play nearly as bad as us so I rarely watch them .. I think he scored two goals today in about 90 seconds !!

7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say year 1 at Everton it was Digne, Gomes, Mina in terms of performance, much of that down to Mina coming in injured off his nice world cup, and fortunately for us that led to them buying Gomes (the others were already bought). Year 2 (current season) is Digne, Mina very close behind, and Gomes a ways off, even before his bad injury in that nasty Spurs double tackle. Happy for all of them to be doing better. Honestly wish we had kept Digne but understand him wanting to start somewhere which is hard with Alba having so much quality and connection (esp. with Messi). Mina even though he is playing well this year, doesn't look so much like a Barca build from the back even under pressure CB, far more worried that we sent Todibo away (on loan for now but with buy option) as latter seems more Barca DNA.

unclesox repped this.
  8. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Iniesta with magical performance at AFC Champion league. Hope he will win this Champion league as well

ShortyMac repped this.
  9. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal hosting Everton and in terms of former Barca players it's a good news bad news thing. Bad is that Digne misses with hamstring discomfort, good is that Gomes makes the bench for first time in 3 months after horror tackle vs Spurs iirc Son and Moura iirc. Also great to see Bellerin is starting I know he's been back for a bit just he was out a long time after ACL tear in January 2019. Finally Mina starts as well. Oh and Arteta also has La Masia ties like Bellerin.

10. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gomes came on at 60'. Ended a 3-2 win for Arsenal.

Sandro, at Valladolid, on loan from Everton, scored the 1-0 in a 2-1 win vs Asspanyol. Nice finish from a tight angle.

Gilmango repped this.
  11. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldinho supposedly scored 5 goals and 6 assists in his team's 11-2 win in prison in Paraguay. Legend.

In all seriousness, it's a sad situation for Dinho. Terrible career management. He is probably a victim in all of this, but he should know better. He has lended his name to other shady businesses before including a crypto currency investment pyramid scheme.

ShortyMac repped this.
  13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As he just spent his 40th birthday in prison in Paraguay I thought we might enjoy Ronaldinho's world wide coming out party at Japan/South Korea in the 2002 World Cup, where at 22 he teamed up with real Ronaldo and Rivaldo to help Brazil win:

ShortyMac and evil_allan repped this.
  14. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Former Barca 'keeper Rustu Recber has been hospitalized.

From his wife on instagram:
    "I would like to give you more positive news while sharing the truth in the most transparent way, but I'm sorry to say that my husband Rustu is hospitalised with the diagnosis of COVID-19. We are shocked by the rapid symptoms that developed suddenly when everything was normal. These are critical and difficult times. May Allah give emergency relief to all patients, including my dear husband. My only request is that people can be a little more conscientious and respectful in the process. In the tests we have done, my daughter and son were negative and only my husband was positive. For this reason, we are at home while he's in hospital, and we are not allowed to see him. In fact, this is the most difficult part, not being able to be with him. Allah is great and is entrusted to him and the Turkish doctors. I hope this will pass."

[​IMG]
    Get well soon.

Gilmango, celito and ShortyMac repped this.
  15. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Great to hear that Rustu seems to be getting better, he is no longer in Intensive Care.

update from his wife Isil:
    We are a bit better, our treatment has continued in a stable manner in a normal room, I hope that everything will be better. The last 72 hours have been very difficult and I hope that from now on they will be better. I want to give infinite thanks to all those who are with us, by our side, right now ... Rustu had a fever for days and hours. Strange symptoms that he has not experienced, felt or seen before. He suffered from strong weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite. His skin turned grey, like his lips. He breathed fast and had difficulty in doing so, in addition to a cough that did not end. He also could not speak and he had an irregular pulse.

Gilmango and condor11 repped this.
  16. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    4 years later he flopped

17. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    #967 Ozora, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Currently watch the 2003-2004 classico match ( we won 2-1 at Bernabeu), Xavi was so good while the like of Zidane,Beckham were mediocre. Figo red card lol

18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    the most overrated team of the current century is the galacticos and any RM with ZZ in it

they barely won anything

ZZ trophy haul after 5 seasons at RM
    1 La Liga
    1 CL

Ozora repped this.
  19. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    It is weird that somehow he is considered as one of the best player and legend of Madrid while he got booed by the Bernabeu for being an inconsistent and lazy bastard back then. Probably two seasons at good level then completely sank.
    Xavi/Iniesta levels better. I dont think even Modric,Kross,Pirlo...is inferior to him

20. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ShortyMac repped this.
  21. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kubo Takefusa was probably Mallorca's biggest weapon yesterday. I called him a traitor in the match thread but I know it is more complicated than that given the long forced separation he had from La Masia after Barca was penalized in 2015 for signing ineligible youth players including Kubo. Still to sign with Real Madrid hurts. Some say Real Madrid offered more money, but also Barca wanted him to join Barca B, whereas he was more keen on being loaned out to a La Liga side which Real Madrid did.

Here he is with Ansu Fati in better times, make me wish Ansu got on the pitch yesterday, hopefully they got to speak after the game at least:

[​IMG]
    I see that they did: [​IMG]
    another oldie: [​IMG]
    who else is in this picture:
    [​IMG]

ShortyMac repped this.
  22. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm watching some of Betis v Granada and Betis look like they may drop their 2nd straight match, down 0-1 late in first half. But what is striking to me is that none of Alena (on loan from us) or Bartra and Tello (former Barca first teamers) managed to start. Maybe their coach is doing more rotation given the restart and 11 games in 40 days, but I figured they could at least help Betis out even if they did not pan out at Barca. Maybe I'm just overrating them since I used to root for them, and still root for Alena to make it back here.

ShortyMac repped this.
  23. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #973 ShortyMac, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Granada concedes a penalty in 83', stupid from their defense. 1-1. 85'

Tello with the probable winner...! 2-1. 87'

Nope...Roberto Soldado! 2-2! 90+1'

Gilmango repped this.
  24. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, wound up being a great little goalfest at the end and the timing was right as I paid more attention once Alena and Tello joined the action, would've liked to see Tello's goal stand up as the winner but the resulting draw seemed fair.

More harmful to Granada who are fighting for the last Europa spot, whereas Betis is pretty much in nowhere land, too far from relegation, too far from European spots (9 pts away in both cases). Though coming back to grab a point on the road after surrendering the lead late might help Granada feel OK.

25. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i watched the Seville derby the other day, probably Betis' most important match of the season, and all three of them started. so they're probably just rotating for this one.