Formation

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by WiscFan, Sep 26, 2008.

1. WiscFan

WiscFan Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Fond du Lac, WI
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Potentially how will the team look on the field? Hypothetically lets say we signed all of our international picks. What positions do we need still, and who do you see filling them? Also will we bench a forward, or play three?

Roster (so far)
    Forwards: K. Carney, Christiane, L. Tarpley
    Midfielders: H. Garriock, C. Lloyd
    Defenders: K. Markgraf, H. Scott
    Goalkeeper: C. Johnson

2. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    maybe Tarpley won't be a forward, but rather have a similar role than the one she has on the WNT. Have you find any information indicating her switching to forward?

3. WiscFan

WiscFan Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Fond du Lac, WI
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Updated Roster:

Forwards: K. Carney(England), Christiane(Brazil), L. Del Rio(Spain), E. Masar

Midfielders: D. Adams, H. Garriock(Australia), C. Lloyd(USWNT), L. Tarpley(USWNT)

Defenders: M. Dalmy, I. Dieke, K. Markgraf(USWNT), A. Scott(England)

Goalkeeper: C. Johnson(Sweden)

Oh, the Reds Stars have her listed as a forward, and thats why I put her there. I'm sure she will be used the way you stated, and how the National Team utilizes her. I'll move there, 5 forwards is way too many this early.

4. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a question about formations; what do the Arsenal women play? And do they the players to play it. I would imagine that's the type of team the coach will try to put together. I'm expecting that we will see a team play attractive attacking soccer.