Formation

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Scipio Gothicus, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Buzz, I prefer the 4-4-2. Since nothing is working, maybe the Burn should try this.
    Ali-Toni-EJ
    Davis-Vaca-Mandi(?)
    Gbandi-T Bone-Dunseth-EZ
    DJ
    That would at least give the burn a lot of firepower up front. If they cannot score goals with this line up, then it is hopeless.

The defense, obviously, would have to stay home. If EZ attacks, then Gbandi has to stay back, and the converse, of course. With so much pressure, the counters will come quickly. Esepcailly with Vaca in the middle running things.

Will Jeffries try this? Of course not. I am not even sure if he should. I just think it would be interesting to try.

WE WANT GOALS!

2. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Without O'Brien I don't think we have the personnel for 4-4-2, but Jefferies is shoe horning it in anyway.

If I was the coach, I would play 5-3-2 in the following manner.

Countess in goal.
    T-Bone, Morrow and Thomas as the back three with Morrow playing in the middle.
    Hendrickson and Gbandi as attacking wingbacks.
    Davis/Pareja and Stone in central midfield winning the ball.
    Vaca/Davis in the hole, linking to...
    Johnson/Glinton/Ali and Nhleko/Rhine

In the short-term, we might have some trouble creating our own attack, but I think we would get enough chances off counter-attacks to keep us in the match, especially since we would be much more solid on defense, which has been the problem all year.

3. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Formation?

I think the problems on this team go a little deeper than the formation. I'm curious what's going on with Phil Salyer, why doesn't he play? Is he an MLS level defender? I'd love to hear some hometown opinions on his situation. It he's not cutting it in the league he sure is missing out on some good times back at College Park, his Terps could win it all this year.

4. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I think we should change our colors to orange. Orange and white, I guess.

I think this would help. It would help me forget.

5. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salyer is not playing becuase he is too slow to play in Southlake. Gbandi has the speed, but not enough expereince, so he gets every availible minute. I expect Salyer is being groomed for the right side once EZ retires.

6. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    thanks

Thanks for the thoughts, I hope you're right.

7. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Like traffic cones

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe like the old Monty Python sketch they could dress like pirates and stand on their one peg leg while going aarrr everytime someone goes around them.

9. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, like oman's and my alma mater, who also has an inability to defend competently.

10. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not burnt orange. The Burn have enough bard karma already without heaping on the over-hyped then dashed expectations of Bevo lovers.

I have been thinking this for a while. How about some slight MLS originality and an all orange 3rd kit next year? It would help take my mind of that f****ked up field and the inevitable crappiness that will take place next year.

Better that watching another MLS all-white uniform we see game in / game out.

11. Soccerski

Soccerski Member

Dec 2, 2000
    Georgetown, CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evertime I mention the famous Gynecologists v One legged Pirate imitators match, all I get is a "huh" look. I am glad that some one else remembers that sketch.