for Zenga fans !

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by soccerfan, Oct 27, 2003.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tasty treat for Zenga

It has been a great week for odd stories in Bucharest with news also filtering through that FC National Bucuresti's Italian technical director Walter Zenga has been trying his hand at cookery. The celebrated former Internazionale FC goalkeeper has been in the habit of dining at Bucharest's Trattoria Il Calcio, where the main shareholder is National club president Gino Iorgulescu. A keen cook, Zenga was not happy with the restaurant's pork cotoletta, and made several visits to the restaurant's kitchens to advise the chefs on how the dish should be made. "I spoke with the restaurant manager and told him how this has to be cooked," said Zenga. "In Italy, this schnitzel is prepared with beef, but the Romanians eat more pork and that's why I helped them improve it." With Zenga's permission the dish has now been renamed Milanese alla Zenga. The restaurant's head chef, Vali Salagean, was delighted to hail the former New England Revolution coach's culinary skills: "Mister Zenga is very good at cooking and has improved the cotoletta." Zenga admitted he had made similarly forthright criticisms of the dish while playing in the United States. "The same Milanese alla Zenga is prepared also in Boston, where I played and did the same thing," he said.

www.uefa.com

2. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zenga complain?!?!?!

I'm shocked ;)

(good thing he wasn't in goal, the chef might have gotten beaned with the ball)

3. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between this post and the one about Steve Ralston doing a cooking show, I want to know when the recipe book comes out.

4. Dave Kartunen

Dave Kartunen New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Miami, FL
    I may be the only person stateside that misses that man. We had a great rapport.

I'm serious as a heart attack here: I miss that guy. I really do.

5. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree.

OK, maybe not to the point of a heart attack, but I'm wearing my Spiderman Rev cap as I type, so that's gotta count for something.

6. oiRevArmyoi

oiRevArmyoi New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    Boston
    My email is STILL Zenga9032. And I STILL have an ancient Reebok poster of Zenga that was given out way back in 1998 during the Zenga day 5-1 loss to LA. I was there. I'll never forget that day.

Yeah I miss the old bitch. He's the reason I'm a keeper today.

7. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Dave, I saw you on TV the other day! I was in WPB earlier this week and caught your story on the Marlins' post-series celebration...

Tom

8. Tony Biscaia

Tony Biscaia Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Dave,

While Zenga may be missed by a few, I would dare suggest that we, the hardcore fans, actually miss YOU a lot more.

This despite the fact that Brad Feldman has done a very good job this year at the various media things you used to do here... we still miss you.

Have a great Halloween.

9. Dave Kartunen

Dave Kartunen New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Miami, FL
    I will always look back on my days at Foxboro Stadium with a high degree of fondness... and I'm indebted to the media stewardship of people like Brian O'Donovan, Trent Adams, and Ben Kulis for providing a springboard in my career.

And if you ever find yourselves in South Florida like Tom, LOOK ME UP! I'll also try to give advance notice if I'm going to make an appearance on our sister station, WHDH.

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    "Dangerous" Dave Kartunen ladies and gentleman:

[​IMG]

Television news anchor, Revs fan, and stunt double for Rob Stone ;-)

For those who may not be familiar with Dave or his time spent with the Revs (while he was also a full-time college student), Dave did some excellent multimedia production work for the Revolution's website "back in the day" - efforts that both were insightful and entertaining.

He was doing it long before Brad Feldman (all credit due to the excellent work of he and his staff), or anyone else in the league.

The Magpie