For your reading pleasure.

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Naco, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I am still picking myself off the ground in laughter after this one. Sorry if it has been posted elsewhere.

http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/MLS/new...ent_id=34883&vkey=news_lag&fext=.jsp&team=lag

There's plenty more.

2. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    "At 23, Landon is already one of the most decorated players ever to play in MLS and for the U.S. Just go by his agent Richard Motzkin's office in L.A. and walk through the 'Landon wing' of trophies and awards and you can clearly see when it's all said and done he will be regarded as the best ever"

Well, he would've been the most decorated if he had stayed with the winners, now he's on Stevie boy sampsons team so nuff said. All good things come to an end, specially when ya give em to Stevie.

3. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    "Could you imagine a Washington Wizards-clad Michael Jordan getting booed and disrespected by Chicago Bulls fan? Can you imagine David Beckham being booed at Old Trafford or Juergen Klinsman at Bayern Munich? Even amongst all the Laker drama, did Shaq get booed upon his return to L.A.? "

Can you imagine Sol Campbell being booed by Spurs fans?

Can you a imagine Los Angeles having a soccer journalist with even an inkling of knowledge of what passion for the game is all about?

Can you imagine if this guy had stayed in San Jose? No thank you I'd rather have the wrietrs we have up here.

4. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Geez......I can understand if someone says that it might have been nice if fans had given a brief cheer when he was introduced (not saying I agree, but I can understand the perspective). And I can understand if they complain about the obscenities (but that happens in pretty much every sport).

But this article is ridiculous. Anyone know this guy's background - did he ever play, does he have any concept of what is going on in MLS with AEG?

Don't forget to email the author with your reactions :D

ahopkins@foxsportintl.com

5. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    "I cannot help but wonder if Alexi Lalas -- one of, if not the classiest, individuals in all of MLS and U.S. soccer history -- was still running the show up there if his presence would have been enough to keep the crowd in check? Maybe not, but the timing of it all is certainly not lost on me."

LOL, this guy gets better and better, I'm just waiting to see him tell us Sampson is another one of the classiest.

6. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    :D

7. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    "Real fans never forget championships or the players who helped win them. So San Jose, when you are without a team next season and are forced to reminisce about the good ol' times, the championships days, remember Landon and remember "much respect due!" "

And so allen, when you are without a job next year and are forced to go learn something about football, just remeber you coaulda been cheering on your home team champs, YOUR SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!!!

8. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    He sounds like someone's ex-husband.

9. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nevermind that -- the article is patently ridiculous, and it reeks of spin of the highest order.

[cricket reference]
    Not even Shane Warne can come up with spin like that.
    [/cricket reference]

Yet seeing that it's written for the Galaxy's website, I think it's perfectly understandable, how the article has been spun.

10. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I can't believe they printed that crap on the official MLS website. LARS.com, maybe.

11. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or someone defending one who is about to be an ex-husband.

12. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Funny how he never mentioned the two own goals, Stevie boys coaching blunders, the entire meltdown of the entire Galisucm team and LD's invisibility cloak. I think's we got to dem galiscummers :D

13. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopkins! Listen to me brother, listen to me carefully.

Shave off the fro. There's no air getting to your brain. It's suffocating.

Guy

14. Rumbler

Rumbler New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    San Jose
    Allen Hopkins is an idiot. His voice makes me cringe everytime I hear it and what he writes is crap.

15. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've read more coherent critiques of the Quakes and their fans on the BigSoccer Rivalries board.

16. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is a tool. Remember to give him a "warm" Spartan Stadium welcome the next time he drags his sorry ass up here...

17. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA

18. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Yes, but defininately not worthy of his own pinata, he'd have to have done something in his profession first.

19. SJSoccerFan

SJSoccerFan Member

Feb 7, 2001
    Content aside, that is a very poorly written article. Painful.

Love the bit where he resorts to saying "ha ha, you won't have a team next year," or some such drivel. Intelligent, incisive writing.

20. Moki

Moki Member

Jul 16, 2004
    USA
    I think it's funny. Here's a team (us) that many gave up for dead last season. No respect at all from mls or aeg. And soundly kicks the butt of the "favorite son" franchise 3-0. And so they send their "favorite son" mouth piece to soften the blow to the gal fans and insult the quakes and what happens? Nobody cares! Hilarious. It's gotta be frustrating for these people, yes? And why would anyone be surprised that the article appeared on an official mls website?

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy, is that dip[..] Hopkins in for a surprise next season (heck, perhaps by the end of this season)!

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

22. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Payback's a *****

Be easy on Allen Hopkins. He sleeps with one of Lannycake's jock straps on his pillow and I understand he's always stopping by "LD's" house, in his Galaxy practice unis no less, 'cause he was "just in the neighborhood."

He's hurting right now. ;)

23. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA homer on the telly--LA homer online...

There's a reason why hewhoshallnotbenamed got booed last weekend. It was to be expected from the fans here--they felt that he got a "free" pass to LA, and our team was left with nothing except Ricardo Clark.

Everyone was expecting him to ply his trade in Europe in the long term. Instead, he couldn't handle things there, more or less fulfill his contract, and now he comes home but to another team. If this is part of the fix, it does reek.

If he was still in Europe, did all he could, and then head to LA for the 2006 season--it could have certainly be different--he'd get the standing ovation, and the boos would not have been vociferous like they were last weekend.

If he wanted to go to LA, fine. I'll take LA's first picks in the 2006 and 2007 Superdraft, 2 allocations, or 1 allocation and Jovan Kirovski. Instead this team with a lack of leadership at the helm and no owner to have clout, gets little.

what losgatosfan said. :D

24. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Mountain View
    Now we've got to figure out a way to get everyone to boo every time Allen Hopkins opens his mouth the next time he comes to town.

25. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad--he'll be given the bronx cheer when the Quakes play the Galaxy here next season. Heck, give him a goat sandwich.

Can't get over that his team lost in 2001 to us. and that we were playing in his stomping grounds and won it there in 2003.

Heck, if Carlos Ruiz was playing for the Quakes and he came down to LA, would be get booed? Most certainly from this perspective.

Hopkins needs to get a life. Just like those glamourous stars down in Hollywood.