For you Lalor homies...

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by magiclamp, Mar 16, 2003.

1. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    you'll be glad to know she got a hat trick in the game the Spirit played against Cal Fullerton.

The Spirit did some ass-whoopin', with only 2 goals in the first half and another SIX in the second!

Jen seems to be very happy out there. I'm happy for her. As long as the Spirit still LOSE! LOL!

2. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Re: For you Nielsen homies...

I was at that exhibition yesterday and thought Jen was awesome. With a little luck and if she wasn't so unselfish and didn't pass up several good shots, Nielsen could have easily had 2 or 3 more goals. :cool:

The Spirit's newest Danish player ;) also had a brilliant assist while playing the second half against LMU on Wednesday.

3. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yea Jen!!!!! We are gona miss you here in NY!! :)

4. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    oh yea...im guessing that since she married her Danish man, she changed her last name to Nielsen. For a second, I thought Anne Nielsen was in the Spirit camp and they were confused Jen and Anne. lol hey i wonder if Anne and Jens hubby are related?

6. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Jen Nielsen

I'm fairly certain that Bo Nielsen isn't directly related to Anne Nielsen, but I can check for you during Wednesday's exhibition if I happen to see Bo there. Nielsen along with Jensen are probably the two most common last names in Denmark so it is almost like wondering if Ann Smith might be related to Bob Smith. :)

It looks like Jen is going to go with just Nielsen for her last name. Bo is also encouraging Spirit fans to bring Danish flags to Torero since Jen is now officially Danish. ;)

8. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jen Nielsen got two more goals today in the game against Winconsin - and she could have had another two, but Jaime Pagliarulo made a couple of great saves against her.

Yes, Jaime Pagliarulo! After Erin Fahey spent the first 45 minutes in goal for the Badgers, Jaime did the same in the second half.

Since she also spent a year playing for the Power, you might want to know that Kerry Collins also scored twice.

9. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Kerry Connors

Kerry played the full 90 minutes today and it looks like she is close to 100% after missing last Wednesday's exhibition because of a minoy quad strain. Kerry scored both of her goals on left-footed rockets that Fahey & Pags had no chance to save. Kerry had another left-footed blast that just went over the top of the goal and had two more good scoring chances by my count on a right-footed shot and a header.

10. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Jen Nielsen

Because there are too many players named Jen on the team, and it is easier to say Lalor than Nielsen, the other players on the team have still been calling her Lalor when asking for her to notice that they are open!

11. Great job jen! i am sooo proud of you! I hope you make the final roster!!