For those who recieved TST tix from FIFA sale

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by Ronaldo's Idol, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004
    I am wondering if you were unable to enter this most recent phase III FIFA lottery.

I got an email from FIFA saying my application was rejected (for entering the lottery) because I already have TST-3 US tix. Looking on the FIFA website, the rules apparently say that you cannot have TST and also individual game tix.

I just want to know if anyone else who already has TST tix, and was interesting in getting more (for example, I have TST-3 US tix, but I want knockout round tix as well) has found a way to order more tix through FIFA (I tried through USSoccer and got waitlisted). It seems that once you get TST tix, you are screwed for getting tix to additional games.

I know I should be happy with what I have, and I am, immensely, but I would die if I had to sit in a pub in Germany and watch the US play a knockout game knowing I could've been there.

So has anyone found a way to get more tix if you already have TST tix?

2. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    You are correct in what you state - there is NO way for YOU, nor anyone in your household to apply for and receive additional tickets. The only way is to apply for more US TST tickets, but since those are sold out, you are SOL.

The only way to avoid that would be to have someone else (with a different address) order tickets and then try and use them when you get to Germany. Note - you won't be able to transfer them to you at a later date either as far as I can tell. You would just be betting that they aren't going to check everyone's passport or ID when entering the games - just that the ticket is a valid ticket.

3. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004

damn. Thanks for the insight.

I feel like I'm not trying to do anything under the table, or even overly greedy. Lots of people got TST-7 or 6 or 5, and I would've gotten TST-7 if they were available. But they weren't. So I had to take what I could get.

I guess, realistically, my only options are to hope (and this is a very very slime chance) that I get off the USSoccer waitlist for the knockout round tix I applied for (which are only conditional tix, of course), to buy from a broker or scalper (I don't think I can afford it), or to hope the final FIFA sale phase (which we have no details about yet) will allow for me to order tix.

Ideally, I would've gotten TST-7 tix so I could at least watch knockout round games even if the US doesn't make it or loses early in the knockout round. But I'd also be extremely happy just to take the conditional US knockout tix from the USSoccer allocation.

I know other bigsoccer folk are in my position as a fair number of us got the TST tix when the reopened the window briefly in the first sale phase (in july I think), and many of us had to snatch up whatever was available and didn't get to choose which TST package we wanted.

4. GOOOOAL!!

GOOOOAL!! New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    I was in the same boat and got Ecuador TST tickets (1st round only). The good news is that Germany is in the group so I have some leverage when looking for US tickets. I'm thinking the Germany game will go for a higher price on the "secondary market" than the US - Ghana and US - CR game combined. Maybe borderline for the US - Italy game.

5. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004

How do you plan to look for US tickets? In Germany in person or online beforehand?

FIFA may have an online trading forum setup on their website (I read earlier they claim this will happen, but who knows).

You might even be able to sell it to a company or directly trade them for US tickets. It'll take some legwork though. Good luck and hopefully you land the tickets you want.