For Those that haven't seen it

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by metroag, Mar 13, 2008.

1. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    for the story from KABB in San Antonio on the "Texas Army" as I eluded to on the Texas Festival Thread

Go to KABB.com and then click on video on Demand, then Sports, the story is third from the top

Guess who got all the face time? I wonder who it could be? Hmmmm?

2. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    :rolleyes:.

i think if we instituted a "don't talk to journos" rule we would lose some of TA. i don't understand the obsession.

btw, why is it those 2 attract cameras and i attract opposing fans that want to punch me in the face. must be my sunny disposition. :cool:

3. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Noob, I say give us a chant in Chinese!! I dare ya.:D

Even with a huge banner that say Texian Army, they find a way to botch it up.

4. AeroSquire1836

Feb 13, 2007
    HOUSTON
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    which is funnier the Texian Army banner on screen while he says "texas army" or Nobius' spanish?

p.s. media whores!!!

5. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God is truly merciful...for not allowing me to be seen on what could quite possibly go down as THE GAYEST representation of the group to ever be broadcast(ed?). That's right, I used gay as a derogatory term...I usually don't, but that was really, really fruity. Not that I hold anything against the secret love affair that Newbeus and Bandido share, I just am glad I didn't get depicted in that turd. :rolleyes:

6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i usually turn my back when i see a camera recording us anywhere we go (you can see my back on the Bandido shot). i'm no one's dancing monkey!!!!!!

i hate being on the Dynamo promos too. until Uncle Phil, Oscar or OLuck cut me a check you shouldn't be using my image dammit.

7. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha after it was over I was thinking about what would probably be put on a Fox station and figured they'd go with the "white boy doing Spanish songs" angle instead of me talking about our groups traveling all over the place to support the team. :rolleyes:

8. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    that's why you shouldn't talk to journos. they'll twist it to find the most scandalous angle. or at least step aside and let the marketing/p.r. guy handle the interviews. :rolleyes:

9. stagnant

stagnant Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Have we been watching Green Street Hooligans? I'll refrain from watching the video though, I already think you guys are fruity enough.:D

10. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I can't see anything. does it take a long time to load or what??:confused:
    And I don't like to be in any interviews, thank you very much, they just keep bugging me. and without watching the video I can bet the Ball n' Chain is right next to me.......huh?? she would run whenever she saw a reporter close to me. :rolleyes:
    She has an eagle-eye, because everytime a stare at a good looking chick and I think I'm being discrete about it. the wife blindsides me with a smack and tells me: "Que miras, a quien estas viendo"

11. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    you know i've never watched GSH all the way through. i started watching, fell asleep for about 30-45 minutes, woke up and finished it. i thought it was a dumb movie with bad acting (i can't stand the spiderman actor or whoever he is) and wasn't worth back-tracking to watch what i missed. not that it mattered, you could of watched 1st 30 and last 30 and figured it your typical 'fish out of water' story line set among English Hooliganism. but i think its dumb how people call out other people on Big Soccer about that movie (i'm not referring to your comment, i mean in general). i didn't even deemed that movie worthy of watching......its very simple, there's only one golden rule about being in supporter's group:

NEVER, EVER GO TO THE BATHROOM BY YOURSELF. :D

12. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    especially in airports-you might be solicited by a Senator:eek:

13. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    or worse-a former Member of Wham!:eek:

14. fordfjord

fordfjord Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Gay. Wow. Almost glad I couldn't be there just for that. Ten minutes after watching it, and I'm still chuckling out loud about it. :p

Nobius' Spanglish is definitely the funnier of the two. the Texian Army banner mis-quote is just plain sad.

15. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm telling myself that the best and purist football moments were somehow axed in the editing room....I mean they couldn't get the name right or even get a camera angle for field shots figured out. JV reporting at best.

16. Cansez

Cansez Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Suburbia, Texas
    I noticed you made the program for last Wednesday's game, by the way. D'oh!

Wearing the mask is the way to go. Nobody tries to interview you, and when you do get in the picture, your face is obscured anyway!