For the Old Friends and the New

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by TEConnor, Nov 4, 2004.

1. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    I think you already know what I want to say. You weren’t sure exactly how I’d get to the punch line, but you definitely knew it before opening this thread. It’s the punch line we’ve dreamed of for four long, long years. Not those years. I’m talking about the hollow years, the years that have blended together into cold grey. We’ve all walked around the concourse at some point, in really no rush at all, wondering to ourselves, “will that fickle bitch ever pay me a visit again?”

2. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

3. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002

Someone rep him. I can't.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TEConnor again.

4. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Got you covered...

And on the same note...I would consider myself extremly lucky if United won the cup this year, it being my first year of coming to every game. Although I want it a lot, I want it even more for all the friends Ive made down at RFK, a lot of which who have been here to see the glory days and the, uh, not-so-glory days too.

Would be very nice to get that 4th star added in my first year though, Ill tell ya that ;)

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    These last three weeks brought back some great memories of some chilly nights at RFK when the games actually meant something. Getting all nervous days before the game knowing that the Cup lay waiting at the end of the road.

The one difference is that back in the day, you KNEW United was going to pull it out. No question. Coming back from COWlumbus after a 5-0 drubbing, we were all certain the Crew was toast. IMHO that was the greatest signature game that the old United team ever played. That 4-0 thrashing of the Crew will go down in my memory banks as the greatest statement they ever made.

I'm starting to see that swagger and confidense from this team. Saturday night will tell us alot.

Dale' Campeon

6. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Amen Chico!

7. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Back to the joy of the 1997 championship game, when the rain and beer showers were part of the celebration.

8. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to admit, that the first few times I came to matches I sometimes felt unwelcome by some of the old timers. "your only here cause of Freddy" syndrome. Well thats not the case, had I lived here 9 years ago I would have been coming to matches then. But by about June and thanks to some of the Barra and some SEs I really felt apart of this CRAZY life of being a DC United fan. Every week has been an adventure, something new, bringing new people in, and cheering for one of the greatest futbol team! So thanks to everyone who's taken in all us newbies this year, I think it speaks highly of the supporters groups, and the family that DCU has brought together. We've been on one heck of a ride this year, let's make it last 2 more weeks!

VAMOS UNITED!

9. vladsta

vladsta Member

Jan 11, 2002
    this will certainly jinx it ;-)

10. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    I can not contain myself any longer. Tomorrow will be the last time I see some of you for months, and though I know some of you barely and a few of you sorta, I still want to say thanks for making me feel at home.
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow will be wonderful!!!

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No sweat dude, I guess you aren't hip to our offseason Happy Hours. We'll be in touch! :)

12. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    [​IMG]

13. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Does this make me a Rep Junkie?

14. kravi

kravi Member

May 3, 2004
    Section 134
    I haven't been able to eat all day. Tomorrow is going to be worse... But I'm certain, at least, that I'll be able to drink beer. G-d I'm nervous!!!!!

--kravi

15. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    You're asking ME?