For Testimonial to Tab!!!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by The Incriminator, Aug 7, 2002.

1. The Incriminator

The Incriminator New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    Newark
    Yes THE match for Tab - 12 September when Metros gouge United!!!!

Can our Big Nick make for this to be??????

Remember for Tab was #1 of MLS!!!! Remember for USA in Portland - was it was Tab who won!!!!

2. Kevin

Kevin New Member

You will never see a testimonial to anyone in MLS or the USNT.

A testimonial involves a match where the honored player gets to keep the gate receipts as recognition of his career achievements. For Metro to make the September 12th match a testimonial to Tab, they would have to eat the reported $100,000 that it takes to rent out the stadium so that Tab could take home a gate of about $150,000. First off, Metro probably does not have the luxury of tossing away $100,000 for what would be a net loss of $100,000 instead of a modest amount of net revenue for the match (a $150,000 turnaround i their ledger book). Additionally, and flame away all you want, but Metro have already forked over tons of "marquee player" salary dollars to Tab for a pretty lackluster MLS career. If you want to see a Tab testimonial, you should probably look to the USSF, where Tab at least excelled as a player. Which leads us to.....

The USSF will never have a testimonial because they do not have the acumen or resources to put something like this together. When they come to town for a friendly or a WCQ, it is to make $$$$. You will never see it happen.

Kevin

3. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    So let's have the ESC do it along the lines of our charity fundraisers or a Walsh Cup kinda thing. We may only raise a couple of thousand bucks at best, but what the hell, it's more than Tab will see from either federation. Any thoughts?

4. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    I'll pass Joe.

5. mscheffel

mscheffel New Member

Jul 29, 1999
    NJ, US
    Something needs to be done. If not for injuries, Tab would consistantly be considered one of the world's best. Yes, I said world, not US. Maybe not top ten, but top 50. It was that damn Brazilian that stopped Tab playing in the top Spanish league. That would have opened doors.

If there is a testimonial match, count me in to be there.

6. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I could attend but my hamstring is hurting so I'll have to pass.

7. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY

uhhhhhhhh...no, mostly because I'd have to sue the Metros for false advertising when Tab isn't playing in it....