For all the Klubbi fans out there...

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by urtel, Sep 6, 2007.

1. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    I know there's a few HJK fans around here and I have to ask: What do you guys think about Keith "Keke" Armstrong getting the ax and Ari Tiittanen and Aki Hyrylainen being named coaches?

It seems a bit odd that a professional club has two coaches. It looked weird with Sweden when they had the Soderberg/Lagerback experiment. Is it a case of not making a solid decision or will Tiittanen take care of one aspect and Hyrylainen take care of another?

2. HJKfan

HJKfan New Member

May 28, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    It's just a temporary solution. Antti Muurinen will be our coach next season.

Well, I think it was time to get rid of Armstrong. He just couldn't motivate the team anymore.

3. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Really? I liked Tiittanen when he coached AC Allianssi. Antti Muurinen really hasn't impressed me at Lahti and I wouldn't mind seeing Ilkka Makela in charge. He's done good things with MyPa.

4. HJKfan

HJKfan New Member

May 28, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Ilkka Mäkelä has been confirmed as the coach of FC Lahti next season.

5. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Reckon that means Antti Muurinen gets a second chance with HJK.

6. Klubi

Klubi New Member

May 10, 2007
    There isn't lot's of possibilities to impress in Lahti :rolleyes:.
    HJK is the biggest club in Finland and has the most money to spend and everyone wants to play here.
    Lahti is a plastic and boring team with no history. No ones intrested to play there.

Last time HJK played a bad season (1996) HJK sacked the head coach for the first time in Klubi's history. Antti Muurinen was hired for season 1997 and HJK won the Veikkausliiga easy. Year after that HJK played at Champions league.
    Not a bad choice from chairman Olli-Pekka Lyytikäinen. :)

And about the Hyryläinen-Tiittanen couple, tiittanen was actually just an assistant coach, but they were hired the same time so many people got the wrong impression.