Footstar-Not your typical web based soccer game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sinter, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I normally don't post about a random soccer web based game here, since there are plenty of options out there, however I would like to introduce Planetarium Football Star to those who have yet to discover it on BigSoccer. I've played all the manager games out there, Hattrick, Trophy Manager, Freekick, Sokker, ManagerZone, and they tend to get a bit redundant after a while. Footstar offers a different angle on the soccer web based game as it let's you create your own player train him up, interact with teammates, become a national team player etc. For those tired of the same old boring manager games, Footstar might be for you.

Yes it's kinda one of those recruiting messages for a game, but I feel this one is unique enough to warrant it. Head over to Footstar.org and check it out. You get the chance to become a Henry, Beckham, Buffon etc. instead of managing a bunch of them. National teams were just introduced to the game adding another dimension. U-18, U-21 and Senior National teams provide further goals for new and older players alike. I just started about a month ago (start at 17), and have the chance to play for the u-18 USA team next season.

The club teams and national teams are managed by actual players, so they kind of take on the position of player coach. After having established yourself as a player, you could even take on this extra responsibility as well. However, as opposed to other manager games, you have real life players to deal with who make up their own minds on if they want to stay with you or attempt to get paid better elsewhere.

You're in charge of your player and how you interact with your teammates. You get a salary and can spend money on items like cars, cell phones, computers. You choose to either go out and have fun with your team or go out and meet some girls. You choose your own training regiment and then participate in your teams games, whether it be friendlies, league play or cup competition.

To me Footstar is a nice change of pace from Hattrick and the other manager games. It doesn't require much time, only a few minutes every couple of days or you could choose to become more involved with the small but growing community. All Americans who choose to sign up, if you'd be kind enough to post on the national forums in the season 5 challenge thread, that you were recruited by Jerry Bracci (8987), that would be appreciated. That is my characters name in game and his id number. We're having a fun little contest on the US forums to see who can recruit the most. I'd like to show up the more established players and show them the little guys can win these contests :)

Thanks for your time BS.

2. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    Awesome!!! I will check it out for sure!!!

3. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, btw if you missed the link in my original post www.footstar.org should take you to the front page where you can look around.

4. okayjay24

okayjay24 New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    San Diego
    I just joined on your reccomendation, looks like an interesting game.

5. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope you enjoy it, if you have any questions btw, don't hesitate to ask me, or post in the forums.

6. apjmg2007

apjmg2007 New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Ireland
    just joined there looks good have to wait a few days to they get back to me and create my superstar.

7. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'll try it sometime :)

8. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should get back to you sooner then later, try it when you like, doesn't require too much time.

9. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump before it drops off first page, will only do it once, don't hate me mods :D

10. AmericanSoccerReader

Mar 10, 2008
    Boston
    have tried this game, bit limited, design is a bit funky, but overall entertaining.

11. EAB206BLUES

EAB206BLUES Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happens during matches? I tried clicking on it but nothings happening am I doing something wrong?..does anything happen during matches or do you just follow them? just wondering

12. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just follow them. You set up individual orders and if you play just get to watch.

13. StrikeFC

StrikeFC New Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Wow

Can't believe there is a thread for this game! I also play in this game.

They have some good features.

Not only is there the main game where you train your player up, manage your team etc.. .etc.. but they also have mini games where you use your player in turn based soccer simulations any time day or night and control him around the pitch.

Its pretty neat, there is the scheduled aspect of weekly games with your in-game team, then the unscheduled part that lets you play a game with your player at any time you log in as long as there are other people to play with.

I wonder if there are enough BigSoccer members playing this game to make a BigSoccer team? Who else is playing?

Here is the link for my player : http://www.footstar.org/treino_clube.asp?mmm=1

If you want to join, I think, there is no waiting period, you sign up and start playing, then they validate you after the fact