Football/Worlwide Soccer Manager 2010 Wants

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by ArranoBeltza, Jul 29, 2009.

1. ArranoBeltza

ArranoBeltza New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm a convert to WSM after playing FIFA Manager. I switched because FIFA Manager is way too easy and lacks the realism that WSM captures much better. My question is, what additions would you like to see to next year's incarnation. Here are my two ideas, and these are from a FIFA Manager convert, so keep that in mind.

- Improvements to the 3D match: The 3D match in FIFAM is great. While I don't think that it needs much improvement, at the very least it would be nice to see stadiums and if there was some audio commentary.

-More "business" features: This is FIFAM's strongest point, IMO. While not all of them should necessarily be available as the team's manager, seeing additions like sponsorship deals and promotions could add a bit to the game.

-More options when talking to players: I am currently in my second season as Tottenham Hotspur and have had problems with players being unhappy and wanting to move clubs. This is realistic, however, there is nothing I can say to them to try and calm them down. I was forced to sell Steven Defour, Jonathan Woodgate, and Wilson Palacios to "bigger" clubs because they became so unhappy and wouldn't perform, and it looks like I may soon lose Vedran Corluka, Luka Modric, and Giovani dos Santos for the same reason.

2. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    As a long time FM player, back since the champ man days, I dont like 3d engine, so i hope they keep the 2d. Fifa M is horrid....to much emphasis on the look of the game.
    TBH the only things i would change might be some audio commentary.
    On transfers i would change that maybe you can exchange players and in the transfer you can also include loan players within it, as barcelona attempted with Ibra, Samu and Hleb.
    I cant really think of things i would like, the game is sooo good as it is. Of course the engine needs some revamping, keepers always have their best days when they play me it seems.

3. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How come there is no website or online talk about FM 2010? Is there a new one coming out?

4. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    FOOTBALL MANAGER 2010

Hopefully the bolded part is true, and the major parts are improved. As the above posters have said, the 3D match engine is not needed and with FM 09 I still use the 2D engine because the 3D just seems wrong.

5. ArranoBeltza

ArranoBeltza New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually like the 3D engine. I think it should be improved, but not to the point of FIFAM where you need a narrower range of video cards to run it.