Football Manager Simulation - USA will win 3 World Cups in the next 1000 years

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by aarond23, Aug 10, 2015.

1. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I can see it now....

It's the year 2050, and former U.S. Men's goal keeping star, Jonathan Klinsmann, now coach of the U.S. National Team, has coached the US to it's first world cup victory despite snubbing a deserving Landon Donovan Jr.

esc0, ttrevett and aarond23 repped this.
  3. Footsatt

Footsatt Member+

Apr 8, 2008
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Bclay

Bclay Member

May 29, 2012
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's interesting, but I don't think it's very accurate. Certainly too low for the US, and too high for England.

Really, over the course of 1000 years I'd expect there to be a lot more parity in international soccer. No single team is going to completely dominate forever, since other countries would just copy whatever it is they're doing and catch back up to them. Countries like Japan and USA, who sort of "joined" the game late, will likely catch up as well in a relatively short amount of time. Other countries who might be held back a bit by their population, will eventually hit the "critical mass" necessary to continuously churn out an elite team of players, rather than just having a golden generation every so often.

Unsurprisingly, this simulation seems to have taken into account past results too much without much expectation of things changing. Venezuela is really the only aberration, and it wouldn't surprise me if England winning so many is due to the English pyramid being more represented in the game than other countries.

5. roversawh7

roversawh7 Member

Feb 7, 2014
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember when I was the king of running long term simulation games in Football Manager. I find it odd that the two people noted for doing this are Americans.

The league that is loaded does have an advantage in the long run (England in this case). I have managed to take it to extremes before with Iceland and Hong Kong (smaller leagues with shorter seasons allow for quicker simulation).

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is very, very, very true.

One time I played a game in which I just had (IIRC) Scotland and England live. I spent time managing Rangers and emphasized my academy, and bought and played the best prospects from everyone else's academy. Scotland came in 3rd in the World Cup once, and regularly was really strong.