Football Manager 2011

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by raydenvm, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's funny regarding Montero. :) God I hope that's not the case in real life. :eek:

As far as selecting countries goes, the more you select, the slower the game will run. But, as you saw, you will have a larger variety of players available to play with in those leagues. Plus you yourself can manage there, as well, if you wish. But if it is slowing down too much, I think that playing with fewer players does not present that much less of a game (you won't notice the fewer players that much).

2. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info. My only concern is, if I'm playing with fewer players and I stick with this for the long term and I do well, will I have access to the quality I will need to have a world class team? Maybe i'm putting too much stock in my managing ability.

3. Evaldo77

Evaldo77 Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes but you will have fewer options both in terms of places to manage and access to players.

If it doesn't work out, you can always start a new game, as annoying as that can be.

4. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes - generally speaking it's the lower-level players you are missing out on. In other words, if you are (or become) a world-class club you should still have a wide variety of players to pursue, but if you are middle of the road your options may be slightly limited (but same for the teams you're competing against).

5. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game is rough. I've played two games with no subs due to injury. I even had to play my back up keeper as a sweeper because i had no subs and someone got a red card. three games with no backup to speak of so far.

6. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. That's not normal. See if you can get some free transfers or sign players not under contract or something like that.

7. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So far I have to say it is an improvement over FM10. Previous FMs would notify you if a player you had short listed was released or someone made a bid on him. FM10 didn't which I found annoying. The transfer fees seem a bit more realistic this time around too.

8. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only thing is I can't sell players for more than their market value.

9. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any reports on how buggy this version is so far? I'm particularly interested in reviews for people playing lower league clubs especially outside of England since in the past those areas have had problems that take multiple patches to address if ever. Thanks.

10. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does this game have all of the MLS Roster rules (salary cap, DPs, SIs, ect)?

11. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Yes it does.

12. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Play RPL, noticed no bugs. Love the game

13. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't understand why some players can't get work permits and some can. I'm playing as arsenal after originally playing as sounders (mls rules and budgets were so annoying). Anyone tell me why I can't get a permit for montero? does english border control decide which players are good enough?

14. Evaldo77

Evaldo77 Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can answer this question but it's a long answer so i'll pm you.

15. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    repped, thanks!

16. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have given up on Montero for the time being. no number of appeals seems to get a different result. however, Zakuani has 3 goals in 4 games for arsenal.

17. scottinkc

scottinkc Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    So will there be a patch before Christmas? And then another after the Jan. transfer window? Will the latter cover just transfers, or will other game-play issues be tweaked?

18. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anyone else having problems with FM on Windows 7? I can load and install alright and then play right away, but when I quit, I can't get the game going.

19. Evaldo77

Evaldo77 Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You try un-installing and then re-installing?

I'll look around the si forums to see if there's anything.

did this happen after it got patched? and do you have the boxed version or the digital download?

I'll pm you

20. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Cheers mate. I'm fairly sure I did have the Polish league on it. I'll reinstall and not include the Polish league(nothing personal guys :D )and see what happens.

21. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Football Manager 2011 is currently on sale through Steam if you were looking to pick it up.

22. Evaldo77

Evaldo77 Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely asking somebody to get me that for christmas. Just the impetus I've been waiting for.

23. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I got a virus this week, corrupted my save file with Alaves. I was finally in the liga adelante, and I was on my way to la liga. 4th, 2 points behind Tenerife. AHHH! so upsetting.

Will start a new one, probably in Serie C/1 or maybe do something Argentine 2nd division.

24. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Decided to pick it up on Steam with the sale. I'm addicted. 22 hours of playing since Sunday night.

25. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah me too... gonna try and play all the way up to 2022 when Qatar host the world cup! :)'