Football Manager 2008

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by PoznaniakPS, Sep 29, 2007.

1. blim8183

blim8183 Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anybody successfully been able to buy and download 2008 online? Sega's website says it's available for download but when I go to the store all I find is 2006!

2. nachito455

nachito455 New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Mexico
    i have a question...the 2008 version comes for:

pc
    x box 360
    psp?

anything else?

because my dad got it for me for my b day and its supose to be a suprise and i just want to know the probrability of him having got it for the wrong cosole...i want it for pc...

anyways i have played the demo and its sick...i love this game.

3. BandM

BandM New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    London
    I thought only the PC is out at the moment. Not sure there is a xbox version currently available?

I think it will be PC for sure.

I got my version. Its excellent.

Trailer to is amazing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOwybu4IhR0

The whole game is amazing

4. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Great, I can't wait. My copy should be arriving sometime tomorrow from amazon.com! :D

5. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Less than ten minutes after i wrote that it should come tomorrow, i go ans check my status in amazon and it says it will only be shipped on the 29th!! :mad::mad::mad: Should have never trusted them.

6. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ordered mine a couple days ago and that was the listed shipping date.

Just think of it like this... every day you have to wait is an extra day of functioning life you have.

7. kaiteng

kaiteng Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I got one online, it's great! I'm playing MLS, and it's still a real mess! Big stars of each teams get waived every season for waiver draft. MLS cup qualifying rule is still wrong (Top 2 of each conference and other top 8 overall, not top 4 of each conference)and designated player rule (aka Beckham Rule) is also wrong. The first patch needs to fix the MLS a lot!

8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, this is new this season and its been top 4 for a while. Depending on when the coding of MLS was done they may have not even known of the playoff change.

Would be nice if it was fixed in the patch though.

9. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How exactly can we play online?

10. Ben7

Ben7 Member

Jan 14, 2007
    I can see past the wrong MLS Cup quali (alltough it's annyoing) - but

how exactly is the DP rule done wrong ?

what do you mean by big stars of teams get waived - maybe the cost too much salary or take a SI spot and therefore get waived?

otherwise is MLS accurate like the 2007 season in FM 2008 ?meaning original teams, logos, players, stadiums, fixtures, season calendar, superdrafts etc ?

11. sab456

sab456 Member

May 20, 2007
  12. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you talking about the same game Fifa Manager 08...I can't find it on amazon.com or is Football manager a different game?

13. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA Manager is a different game, made by EA - has a more graphical focus. Football Manager is developed by Sports Interactive and published by Sega.

It can be found on Amazon.com as Worldwide Soccer Manager for Americans and on Amazon.co.uk as Football Manager.

14. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is Football Manager the same as Championship Manager or are they different?

15. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Different game.

Championship Manager
    Football Manager (also known as Worldwide Soccer Manager in the US)
    FIFA Manager

All three are different games.

16. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Can someone tell me what the difference is between the PC version of this game and the console version (xbox 360, PS3) ??

I've been playing FM07 since it came out last year, and recently got the 08 version. I love it because i'm able to manage my national team (El Salvador) and it gives me a VERY detailed list of all the Salvadoran players (400+).

Can El Salvador be played in the console verision?? Does it have a large player database like the PC version??

Thanks

17. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A little more specific, Football Manager (and the PSP and console FM games) is made by Sports Interactive (who created the original Championship Manager since the 90s) and is currently distributed by Sega.

The current Championship Manager is by Eidos. They kept the rights to the CM name when Sega acquired SI, and then created a new footy sim game from scratch after the acquisition. IMO this is a subpar game compared to Football Manager by SI, who have been making footy manager games all these years.

FIFA Manager, as mentioned before is by EA.

18. themodelcitizen

Jul 23, 2000
    BMO Field - Sec. 114
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    anyone find an MLS facepack? tempted to make my own Toronto FC pack. let me know, I'll be happy to contribute to a group project if some other FM fiends want to compile their own team :D

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    This game cheats like a motherfunker! 3 of every 4 corner kick goals my team scores gets waved off for a foul, and worse, the opposition scores wildly offside goals by the bushel. I'm also still waiting for my first PK after 100+ matches.

Other than that it's great, as usual.

20. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had four in the first month of the season then not another one for six months.

There does seem to be a lot of disallowed goals... Several games I've put the ball in the net 4-5 times and only got one goal out of it. I had an offsides called on a goal scored on a volley from outside of the box by Fabregas after a corner was headed away...

I think we tend to overreact to individual events and memorable moments. For most things, the numbers even out over time.

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

Nope, not even close. The most annoying is when the opponents get goal after goal after goal after goal where there is a clear offside... and I mean CLEAR, no maybe/maybe not close shave. The favorite move is to have 2-3 players run way offside and someone shoot from outside. When the rebound comes, one of the offenders has a simple tap-in.

Yeah, it's annoying as hell.

22. themodelcitizen

Jul 23, 2000
    BMO Field - Sec. 114
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I created a Toronto FC cutout facepack with some extra Canadian players and TFC staff (Marty Nash, Carlo Corazzin, Andre Hainault)

http://files.filefront.com/Toronto+FCrar/;9074749;/fileinfo.html

and an MLS managers facepack that includes Gullit - as well as van Basten and McClaren for good measure:

http://files.filefront.com/managersrar/;9074758;/fileinfo.html

to use them, go into my documents/sports interactive/graphics, and create a folder called "facepacks" if its not already there. Unzip these RAR files into that folder. Now in the game, go to preferences, display and sound, and untick "use skin cache". also tick "always reload skin on confirm". when you press confirm it should load the new facepacks, let me know if you have any difficulty! and let me know if you find any facepacks for the other MLS teams, there's a few players already included but I want them all!

23. laffinarsenal

laffinarsenal New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Evanston, Il
    Does anyone have any clues about field size and such? I have a young swedish squad avg age 20, stamina's pretty weak, so I decided on a smaller field to help with that, but I'm not sure that it's making much of a difference.

Does size of field really make that big of a difference? I figure bigger factors such as the level of tackling, closing down, and tempo make a bigger difference in how well a low stamina player can hang in there.

Any clues would be great. Thanks

24. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anyone else have an English team and brought some Brazilians that have been granted a conditional work permit? Not that I complaining, but I find it interesting. Thiese Brazilians are all young(onldest was 23, but most were 18).

25. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they're good with very high potential, you can usually get them through.

Renato Augusto, Lulinha, Breno, Alex Silva, and a few others have all gotten through for me.