Football Manager 2005 Release Date Announced

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by kevruth, Sep 23, 2004.

1. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    LONDON, September 23rd 2004 - Sports Interactive and SEGA have today announced the release date of their eagerly-awaited football management PC game, Football Manager 2005 for PC-CDROM and Mac. Football Manager 2005 the new football management simulation from the award-winning Sports Interactive team, the creators of the Championship Manager® series, will be released across Europe on November 5th 2004.

News of the release date falls on the same day that Football Manager Magazine, in association with Future Publishing, hits the shelves with the only cover-mounted Beta Demo of Football Manager 2005.

"Ever since we first announced Football Manager 2005 back in February, we've consistently been asked two questions: 'When is it coming out?' and 'Will it be as good as your other games?', " commented Miles Jacobson, Managing Director of Sports Interactive. "Now, at last, we're in a position to answer the first question and, from November 5th, people will find out for themselves that the answer to the second question is 'No...it's better'."

Absolutely wonderful news. Wasn't expecting this until December.

2. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    Argh...thought I'd have at least a month to complete GTA:San Andreas (released October 25th) before getting immersed in FM 2005. Oh well, might just hold off on FM 2005 until the inevitable first "Enhancement Pack" fixes the intial bugs. Yes, I'm still bitter about CM 4 :mad:

3. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

There will be no "enhancement packs", simply patches from now on, so you're ok, give into the temptation. Fining your players and spouting off to the media is much healthier for your soul then murdering, killing people in a video game.

:)

4. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    Well I still might wait as I have a low tolerance for losing in CM since if I don't take a conference team straight up to the EPL I get crabby. Might as well let somebody figure out the money formation. I still remember those days...4132 Push got Forest Green the Champions League crown, Nakano got Margate the CL title, and Diablo 352 did the same with Aldershot Town. Yeah its cheezy, but I don't play to lose :D

5. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It's understandable, you want to play games to have fun, and getting beat by some crap team when your team is clearly better isn't any fun... but half the fun is getting to that point where you walk over teams by yourself, it's much more rewarding. Whatever you decide have fun and enjoy the game.

6. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    November 5th. What about the US release? Are you saying that game will come out the same week as Halo 2?!? NO!! My Grade Point Average will not withstand it!

Damn you, Fall 2004. Why do you have to be the best Semester in recent game History!!

7. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    will north american residents have the ability to purchase the game via www like eastside hockey manager?

8. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Yes you will if you go to the right websites. I use www.gameplay.co.uk
    Amazon.co.uk will not ship UK software to the US. You can also check www.footballmanager.net . They also have some company selling, too.

9. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The game will be on sale in the states, in stores, near the 5th of november, the official day hasn't been announced, but it should be within a week or so of that date, so no real point ordering online from Europe, as it will cost you quite a bit more.

10. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    sorry, i was talking digital download.

11. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

the demo is addicting to say the least... halo 2, fm 2005 and school... tough to balance tho school becomes automatic 3rd :)

12. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Well if you do well in school, you should be able to get a better job, and then have more time to play FM, so how about this.

FM -> School -> Halo 2?

Sounds good to me.

13. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think we are doing a digital download version, at least not right away.

14. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Haha, Nakano was awesome. It would be a shame if they got rid of super formations.

15. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    They are. Rather, they are trying to.

16. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    the new super tactic on cm0304 is diablo and diablv2. Great stuff.