Football Manager 2005 Demo Out

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by profiled, Sep 23, 2004.

1. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

anything in particular that bothered you?

be proactive and get it fixed.

http://community.sigames.com

ive already had a few things changed due to my comments.

2. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This man speaks the truth, if you don't let us know how you feel, what you don't like, and what needs to improve, we have know why of knowing an improving on it.

3. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've hovered around there a bit and posted a few thing (don't know if changes were made).

However, profiled, can you confirm or deny whether the MLS expansion will be included in FM? I have yet to recieve or see a response from an SI rep at the message board.

Also, I went ahead and ordered the UK version. Will the UK/US versions be identical other than title, packaging and release dates?

Thanks. Love the demo, by the way. I'm an addict.

4. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS is/will be in the game. Just no A-League.

5. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    FM?

CM?

Anyone have a moment to give the quick lowdown on the two and the difference? I checked the web site but didn't see much that would help me easily discern the two.

6. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    --Football Manager (MLS Manager) is the game from the people at SI Games who made Championship Manager. When they split from Eidos, they kept the guts of the game and Eidos got the Championship Manager name. If you are looking for the game that is next in the series after CM4, you would buy Football Manager 2005.

7. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When does the gold demo come out and will it be compatable with Win 98?

8. cmaddict21

cmaddict21 Member

Feb 19, 2002
    New York
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm aware of that. I wouldn't buy the game otherwise.

I just wanted to know whether Real Salt Lake or Chivas USA would be included, but, per the official forums, they will not until another "version" is released.

10. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hey we don't have any information on how this is going to happen, whose going to be on what teams, how the teams are going to be placed etc, so we were pretty much handcuffed in this regard.

11. bigbrooklynlou

bigbrooklynlou New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hi all, I tried to download the demo, but it seems to have been removed from the page / mirrors listed. Is it going to be reposted again soon?

12. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    But this is where you can bleed to the freaks, those of us so crazy we can't give up our habit. =) THat's the feature I'd love to see is some sort of an ability to get updated data. Of course this may rely on a subscription, paying for a data update versus bug fix, et al. But with the crazy internet, the potential's there.

Naturally you'll have more Yanks chiming in for it but I'd love to see as acurate a duplication of the MLS and A-league as possible. I'd love to try to lead the Minnesota Thunder, for example.

13. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I'm trying to report a bug and still can't log in despite registering last night and using the super secret email link.
    :(

14. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured not. Shame, really.

I'm just afraid its the sort of thing SI won't rectify until they release a subsequent version with tweaks and fixes, that must be purchased seperately, on the same engine, like CM03/04 as opposed to CM4.

15. thegreatestnumber7

thegreatestnumber7 New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Any ideas how I can get a download? All of the earlier links seem to have been locked out. Please help!!!

16. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All the links are gone until the Gold Demo comes out. When that is I have no clue.

17. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I answered my own question the Gold Demo just came out today. Click here for the link.

18. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    Excellent!

edit: bogus, link seems to be overwhlmed...

19. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    Mirrors and what not here

20. thegreatestnumber7

thegreatestnumber7 New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Ok, thanks anyway (sob).

21. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Pursh! The int (2nd stawberry link) is smokin fast! I know what I am playing for the rest of the night. Well maybe some Dragon Warrior VII while I wait.

22. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well That is what I was directed too off the first page. I can't even get sigames.com to come up.

23. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still in the Dark about the Quick Starts. What DB setting is being used? And how come we cannot set DB size?

24. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    profiled, upon quick examination, there are still a few slight errors with American players in the Gold demo.

I posted all of these previously on the SI board. Anyway, most important is Landon Donovan's cap / goal count. Says he's got 30 some games and only 8 goals. Its about double on both in actuallity.

Also, looks as if DaMarcus still isn'y left-footed and is listed as able to play right midfield. Never personally seen him play right wing and considering his position at PSV, a AM/F LC sounds more accurate to me. Also, game has him wearing #7 at PSV. He wears #11.

As well, John O'Brien's position in the demo is D/DM L. Not only does he play center midfield for the Nats, but he's also played right back for Ajax. I'd say he's a D/DM RLC.

25. FormerGermanGuy

Mar 1, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually DMB has played central and right mid. He pinches into the middle a lot and played central in the last two USA games. I don't know if he's as good at right mid, but I've seen him out there as well.