Football is Shit

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by Cantona's Eyebrow, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Cantona's Eyebrow

Dirty Leeds
    Togo
    Oct 8, 2018
    The game is beautiful. Before I begin on this rant it should be noted that the game, in its purest form, is not at fault here. However, the game as it is been run today is shit. I stand by that.

Here's the problem... the people that make the decisions, the policy makers, the pencil pushers, the bureaucrats, these type of people wouldn't recognise a football even if they had a mitre mouldmaster leathered into their face from 5 yards. These people are ruining the game with their greed, corruption and self-serving attitudes. Honestly, it makes me sick.

At the professional level it is rife. It breaks my heart, but it's out of my hands and the hands of many other like-minded people who want to see the game flourish. It has been out of our hands for years now. It'd be very difficult to change that. Personally, I dislike the professional game in many of its guises. At child and youth level we can still have an influence. I won't stand by and let the game be ruined for the next generation. It just isn't ********ing happening. Not this year, not next or the year after that. Our children deserve better, a lot better. For the love of the game, for the joy of our children, the game must persevere.

I've ranted on here about parents plenty, but at least parents have the best intentions of the children at heart (no matter how ill-informed or misguided their intentions might be). However, this other breed. These pencil pushing, anaemic, mutants are only interested in one thing: Chasing the Yankee dollar. They are slime, sub-human slime.

Anyway, for most of you, you'll probably be saying to yourself, "there goes Eyebrow, again! Away on one of his crazy rants!" Some of you may know where I'm coming from a bit. And some just won't care. I've been pretty vague, I understand that. Also, I'm sorry for the foul language, I understand that many from the US don't like that kind of talk, but I need a place to vent before I go into Round 2 and this is as safe a place as any.

Peace. Love. Understanding. Football.

2. Terrier1966

Terrier1966 Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    You refer to other people as sub-human slime and sign off with Peace, Love, Understanding?

You insult Nick Lowe.