Food Inside Gillette Stadium

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by verybdog, Oct 9, 2003.

1. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    They don't let you bring in your own snack and drink; so when it comes to your noisy stomach inside the Gillette Stadium, what's your most favorite food ?

(I once had a big greasy roasted pork sandwich for around 8 dollars, tasted real good)

2. xmerl

xmerl Member

Sep 29, 2002
    Nachos Grande. Under $5.00 and it will feed two people. The fish and chips aren't bad but it has to be a pay week.

3. Ross

Ross Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Straight outta Qtown
    Guinness....and if you're really hungry, fries. And not from McDonalds.

Guinness guy, Guinness guy, Guinness guy,

etc.

4. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While the fish and chips may not be a "snack" considering the gouging that goes on in the stadium the price is comparable to what it might cost elsewhere, so it is a decent meal choice. And I agree that it is usually quite good (although I wish they had vinegar for it).

As for the Guiness...

I wish they would learn how to pour it, but I suppose that is asking too much, but clearly the draft is superior to the pub draught can (although a decent substitute). Given that you will pay the same either way and the Guiness guy never appears when you need him, standing in line seems worth it.

Now for my other pet peeve, can't the vendors tell time? Considering the fact that a Guiness needs to "cook" wouldn't it make sense to start pouring a few with a few minutes left in the first half? Same thing with getting food ready, this would shorten the lines and get fannies back in seats for the second half kick off (no offense meant to those whose fannies don't meet seats in the Fort)