Follow up on a study about Israeli influence on US foreign policy

Discussion in 'International News' started by Century's Best, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
  2. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    This is what Francis Fukuyama, himself a neoconservative-- but more centrist, alarms about in his book. They have agendas way beyond what average American would want to see this country dragged down to.

3. Munuc

Munuc New Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Yes, it has gotten so bad that I check for Jews under my bed every night.

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Brilliant! I'm sure you can argue with Fukuyama and the Harvard authors! :rolleyes:

5. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's okay; Karl Chester Minor checks for the Irish.

6. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    WTF is your point? I can argue that US has much more influence on Israel than vice versa or that oil-rich countries influence US much more than Israel. You have this stick up your arse, which is bothering you and you can't live with yourself knowing that America has Israel's back and that you just can't imagine how a Jewish state can do so well and it's eating you up inside. Pretty sad life you live.

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Then write a paper and publish it, rather than writing to somebody whose life (about which you know NOTHING ABOUT) you claim to be sad.

Impressive ad hominem as well as distortions of what I say, given I have never once written anything deploring whatever prosperity Israel has experienced since 1948. But of course, the authors of the Harvard study have cylindrical chunks of wood in their rectums as well, given they put so much time into their work and got it out there.

Now let's see a real argument. Not that I expect any from a trash-talking slanderer like yourself. I doubt it'll take more than 2 posts before you openly accuse me of anti-semitism - which, by the way, the Harvard study says happens when critics of Israeli policy voice their views. ;)

8. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Let's see. This is the second thread in the last few days which you started on Israel's policy and how it affects US. Why?
    Say what you want, but I won't waste my intelligence, when I know it would bring me the same result as pissing against the wind, knowing your view on things.

9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Thanks for confirming that all you can do is trash talk. No real arguments - as I expected.

Bye now.

10. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Answer my question first before you tuck your tail between your legs and run, why did you start the same thread on Israel's influence of US foreign policy in the past several days? What's bothering you so much?

11. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    How much anti-Semetic Jew hating crap will Century's Best be allowed to post before he receives his well-deserved ban?

12. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You mock me by saying I have a stick up my arse; you say my life is sad; and you accuse me of not being able to live with the fact that a Jewish state is doing so well. Not that my feelings are hurt (far from it - I love it when people have nothing but ad hominems and imagined orifice blockage accusations in the face of facts).

And now you demand an answer? Then again, you never said you weren't arrogant and pretentious.

Tuck my tail and run? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Write a paper on your views that you earlier voiced. I'll read it if it's worthwhile; given your posts, however, have the intellectual quality of swine offal, I speculate it wouldn't be worth my time.

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Why is writing about a Harvard paper on Israeli influence on US foreign policy "anti-Semitic Jew hating crap?"

By your logic, if the Japanese government or the ruling authorities of Portugal had equivalent lobbies here and the resulting effects on US foreign policy were equivalent, would anyone speaking about them be posting "anti-Japanese Japanese hating crap" or "anti-Portuguese Luso hating crap?"

This is EXACTLY what the Harvard paper mentions. Every time someone criticizes Israel, accusations of hating Jews fly. It's dirty play, but it works - and which is why these accusations... fly.

14. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    MikeLastort2, I sent you a PM.

15. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Feel free to hold your breath until you get a reply.

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Oh well. I tried. Whatever.

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    LOL! You changed your reply.

18. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Thanks for answering my question:confused:

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Thanks for showing you can't debate your way out of a paper bag - though you can insult with the best of them.

20. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Why should I debate you when you can't even answer one simple question. As you can see, it is not just me that has noticed your "personality," thus I want to ask you what was the reason for your double thread on this issue?

21. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    The question of the topic is quite reasonable. Here are the areas that need be discussed:
    1) Understanding the neocons philosophy
    2) The influence of the neocons on foreign policy
    3) The actions of current administration based on neocon doctrine

there is a lot that must be learnt for all, and I would hope that the mods can control any diversion of the thread.

22. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    The big question is:

Why study foreign policy concerning Israel and not foreign policy concerning ANY OTHER COUNTRY? There is a lot to be said about foreign policy towards many many nations, yet Israel is at the center of this discussion? Thats pretty ridiculous...

23. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point.

I also fail to see how the neoconservative foreign policy has helped Israel AT ALL. If anything, Israel is even more isolated in the world than they were 6 years ago, an overtly hostile government has taken control of the Palestinian territories, and Israel is in the process of pulling out of areas they've held for 40 years.

Really, to look at the condition of that part of the world today and say "It's a Jewish conspiracy!" takes a staggering leap of amoral, alogical mental gymnastics. Even I'm not capable of it, and I'm Lebanese!

Also, please note that while there may be ties between the Likud and some American Neo-Cons there are much, much much stronger ties (read: financial) between the House of Saud and the Oval Office itself. And who was helped most by Hussein's removal? That'd be the House of Saud.

24. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't appear, to the neutral observer, to have anything to do with Israel one way or the other. It has to do with oil.

Well, seeing as the President, the Vice President and their closest advisors are all neocons, I'd say they have a pretty strong influence.

Duh.

Frankly, it should be diverted directly into the sun. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together should be able to tell by now that this thing wasn't about Jews, revenge, democracy or freedom: it was about oil. Lots of it. Pretending otherwise makes you (royal you) both stupid and bigoted.

25. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone has it wrong. It is the New World Order and the Illumnati and Freemasons and they are working with their reptillian overlords to take over the world.