//\ Fohlenelf 2017 Ruckrunde //\

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 24, 2017.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finished 59th in Kicker's Bundesliga Interactive Manager contest last week. Largely thanks to Johnson.

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Borussia set to play 40th match of season

Will be interesting if we would fall-apart further down the stretch,or this load will actually force the boys to step-up and give their all to their cause???
    ;):eek::whistling::rolleyes:o_O:ninja::sneaky::alien::thumbsdown::devilish:

The Fohlenelf have already played 39 matches this season – more than any other Bundesliga team.

The UEFA Europa League last 16 second leg against Schalke 04 on Thursday (21:05 CET) at BORUSSIA-PARK will be Gladbach’s 40th competitive match of the season. It’s the 17th week in which Borussia will play a midweek game as well as games at the weekends either side. This is the most matches by any team in the Bundesliga. Schalke are second on the list with 37, Bayern Munich have 36, while Borussia Dortmund have played 35.

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When it rains it pours...in our case its more like a typhoon ..on top of our injured players ( not to mention mostly key players) we can now add more key players to that jiiiiinxed long list, now Fabian and Kramer are also out and will miss the Hollywood game !
    Oh well.Seems like we can only hope to enter Europe next season via the Pokal.And with a big IF ..meaning if we win against Frankfurt:mad::(:confused::sick::sick::sick::sick::speechless::thumbsdown:

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hollywood is among the top 3 best clubs in the world...so tomorrows game has nothing less than a CL match.Sometimes you have to get baptized by fire to bring out the diamond from the rough.Lets hope Hecking and Eberl will make the best out of this opportunity now that most of our starters are injured.I like to see some of our raw and young players on that green pitch....if we are going to lsoe we best but those kids to the test b/c lets face it with the current situation we cant hold Bauern in check for a full 90 min....so lets hope we do the unthinkable and throw something daring at them;):alien::alien::devilish::devilish::ninja::ninja::ninja:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nice to see Benes make an impact in his first start; especially in light of the Dahoud news.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a Jewel we have in Benes,not only his physical but he also has the fall skills and proper vision to dominate our midfield and help both in the defensive schemes and offensive build up...specially at this point that we are losing some key players such as Mo.Am not sure why we had to wait for some regulars to get injured or booked with a red to give the likes of Benes the opportunity to showcase their skills....in any event that was a brilliant goal and a sign of bigger and better things to come for our team and Benes in the future.
    3 vital points in the path to the summit....lets keep the chains moving.Ibo seems healthy and strong as well:D:eek::sneaky::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::cool:o_O:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::ninja::ninja::alien::ninja::ninja:

9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So looking forward to somebody activating his no doubt paltry release clause in the summer..........

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @lucky
    -> "for a talented traitor like Mo" its such a BLISS to have a talented replacement such as Benes..its the perfect riddance that could have not been written better!!!
    :sneaky::sneaky::ninja::ninja::D:D:alien::alien::devilish::devilish:

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please do explain more....remember my English fails me at points??
    :)

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy to explain: I drip sarcasm at times.

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nothing new to me....i enjoy it,its just that sometimes i need some help...u already know this !

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If this is not CRUNCH TIME for Die Fohlen then am not sure what is.....id say it would have been easier to get a result against Barcelona in Spain than whats ahead of us in the enxt few weeks.A win is critical against the goat herders to give us some confidence and cushion ( points wise)
    :(:mad::confused::whistling::sick::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

Dates - Bor. Mönchengladbach
    Apr.
    Sat.

1. Bundesliga - 28. Match day

15:30 h
    [​IMG]
    Cologne

-
    [​IMG]
    Gladbach

Apr.
    Sat.
    1. Bundesliga - 29. Match day

15:30 h
    [​IMG]
    Hoffenheim

-
    [​IMG]
    Gladbach

Apr.
    Sat.
    1. Bundesliga - 30. Match day

6:30 pm
    [​IMG]
    Gladbach

-
    [​IMG]
    Dortmund

Apr.
    Di
    DFB Cup - Semi-Finals

8:45 pm
    [​IMG]
    Gladbach

-
    [​IMG]
    E. Frankfurt

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am not the sharpest tool in the tool box.....so can somebody explain why Benes was not playing tonight????
    Since we dominated the game and also managed to score the vital 3rd goal and take home all 3...nobody will question Hecking's line-up but that was a huge gamble with Benes after such a brilliant debut against Hertha:cautious::cautious::whistling::whistling::speechless::speechless::unsure::unsure::ninja::ninja::alien::devilish:

18. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Probably worried about the defensive frailty of Benes-Dahoud in such a big match, as well as some anxiety over playing the kid in such an important derby.

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One of the few games we totally dominated the game in all areas...yet we lost????
    We were in total control...i wonder if a few of our key players were there what we could have done!
    :confused::mad:

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dortmund game is Saturday at 12:20 on FS 2 for NA viewers.

21. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    when I saw the badass-line up of Herrmann Benes Dahoud Hofmann (with another toughie, Traoré, to throw in) against Hertha I immediately had to seek my panic room… hours later when I finally managed to calm down a little I said to myself: this is born out of necessity and will never happen again!
    ...but it worked (yes I know, there were quite some situations where Hertha was just to clumsy to take advantage of)
    [in the meantime there was another panic room visit when right from kickoff against Frankfurt it seemed as if the team had experimented heavily with sleeping pills at night… strangely I didn‘t manage to get in match-mood all day long … maybe I‘m psychic… at times]
    and then the Mainz-match was pending and who did Dieter H. showcase in midfield? yes right, the frightening four! again!: Herrmann Benes Dahoud Hofmann (with again Traoré to throw in) …
    aaaahhhhhhh, scared up I ran for shelter
    … and it -the line up- worked again… all that I knew collapsed… (but I still think we were lacking a player like Kramer -or Xhaka- in the last matches)

so, surprisingly we are still in the race for Europe (before the Dortmund match I trumpeted that only a win would bring us there)… all that seems very odd to me: we still have more defeats than wins... and Freiburg (on 7th) has a goal difference of -17! not sure what that says about Bundesliga… but there are a lot of competitors and maybe -regarding success in the league- we‘re better off without Europe next season…

22. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It says that Bayern is good and everyone else kinda s*cks. This is partly due to Champions or Europa League games sapping the strength of the "good" teams. You really need the equivalent of two full teams to make it through--and only Bayern really has that quality.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our situation is not bad for the final three games: Home to Augsburg and Darmstadt and away to Wolfsburg. All eminently beatable.

24. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Augsburg and Golfsburg are up to their neck into the famous Abstiegskampf
    either extra-tough (Augsburg?) or rattled (Wolfsburg)?

Darmstadt has nothing to lose and is high on emotion... while they know that they are kicking on the lower floor next season for some time now they've won three in a row and are still playing in front of an overeuphoric sold out crowd (luckily we have a home match!)

you see, I'm always 'keeping the ball down' (yeah I know this phrase most likely is just a translation of a German one) ;-)

25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Again with the negative waves, Moriarity" ;)

panicfc repped this.