//\ Fohlenelf 2017 Ruckrunde //\

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 24, 2017.

1. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and writing gets expensive-and expansive-but much gets lost in the translation. I had a German friend as a little boy who came to a bad end, and the difficulties with the culture adjustments played a large part in it. I think about him and his mother now and again.....reminds me how much I have to specify to create the desired understanding. Meant you no disrespect, I am trying to reach you but cannot. So are others.......

Please e-mail me, and open another window to Big soccer simultaneously. I can "talk you through" the fix
    on your account. If that fails, e-mail me your address and I'll print this stuff out and mail it to you, or even call you if you want.

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I opened a convo with you on big soccer about 10 min ago...not working?
    I never thought u meant disrespect..please dont get that idea for a second..its more on my part i guess:)
    Maybe my sensitivity has crossed and sailed over the oceans to you....if so am honored...and really want to read what you have to say....already got in touch with Epitome and convo is working...not you ??

3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no, you still have me blocked. keep this window open and communicate with me via e-mail and hopefully we can get it fixed.

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I actually have you under profiles i follow....so sorry i feel like a retard

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Think i fixed it....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Success! Enjoy.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Have my pasta bowl in front of me and getting situated to read it......am also a bit nervous and even more... b/c there is so much ( obviously ) u dont know about me ....but will share of course...yea there is so much you dont know about me and one is the fact that things do effect me more than others and its a bitter sweet trait i have to live with...its been also a tool many have used against me....but still proud of that fine line ive walked all my life....ok am going to eat dinner and read now..

LuckyStriker repped this.
  8. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soon as you looked at the lineup for Ingolstadt......you knew where they wanted this to go. It worked out. Bit of relief to see Rafael on late to help seal the deal.

It's more about Hecking now, and how he sees the future. Can't help but think toward summer-in terms of who now fits and who doesn't. We see Hofmann a bit more, others a bit less. Yann came up big twice, Vester was a tower of power in the air, Lars got away with one, and Andre got his first since the opener. 3 pts. and climbing.

Also; with that dark, neck-zipped fleece he sports Hecking comes off to me like a Bond Super villain. I approve of this look:thumbsup:

9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    ok, that wasn't exactly an impressive performance but against this nasty and rested! opponent I guess we can all live with that
    Stindls action was discussable at least (he told he would have admitted his handling the ball if the referee would have asked him... but the referee didn't ask so Stindl thought the ref must have seen and classified it as conform to the rules ;-)
    let the HSV-S04-weeks begin!

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a Bizarro......not sure what to even call it??? This thing that FCI does and puts on display i mean??I know its not football tho..that i am 100% sure about.But whatever it is they do...can really disrupt and cripple the opposing team and who knows in the span of 90's one pass too long or too short or one call too late...they may even get lucky and score...and they did come close to it twice if not more...great game by Sommer;)
    I know they had a coaching change but last season was the same story...they have this strange way of playing the game...which is beyond my skills to put in word.But they where pretty successful in doing so and not letting us get a rhythm...and i think this was one our best games..not because we won or we played smoothly...but because we exactly managed to adjust to their game and be smart enough to find a way to circle around such an opposition and score...granted the gods where on our side and Stindl used his arm to send it in...happy for Hahn massively...but pretty unhappy with how he has turned into the teams joker...not sure whats going on ..is it him or Hecking??
    And Drmic...man seems like he has totally forgotten how to play the game?????:sick::speechless::mad::confused:

Dage repped this.
  11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    definitely had some "yes, that's how the game has to be played"-moments today

Q: Do you know what you are?
    Jantschke (without hesitating a moment): Best team of the second half of the season!

Q: What are the odds that you stay at Gladbach?
    Eberl: 100%... at the moment.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Dage repped this.
  12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #62 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    It was a great game and had a special feel to it...dominance from get go without fearing about the result.Specially how the desire and comfortable mindset and will and hunger of the team was contagious and all over the pitch ...from the get go the boys where riding the waves of confidence:thumbsup::cautious:;) specially our Danish cookie tandem...they are pretty much BOSSING in the D-Line.Vestergaard tho lacks a bit of speed and positioning agility...which considering his size is understandable not much he can do about it besides taking it into account and work on it 24/7 with smart positioning against speedy players..but we cant expect him to cover it all 100%.The goal ( header) we conceived was identical to the one he got beat vs J.Tah:speechless::(
    Another plus about last night....other players getting on the score sheet besides Stindl.Raffa seemed a bit rusty but when he is out there we have loads of breathing space:devilish::thumbsup::devilish:
    Hecking must be doing something right...but i think its more on the boys and what has changed in their psychological state and not so much what they do in training:devilish::alien:
    Now the question still remains.???Same old question that this club has always had a problem with answering.Consistency!!!!!!!That is the key and always will be the key question here at Gladbach....we have to wait and see can we keep with the program and intensity and pressure till the last game of the season:rolleyes:o_O:eek:
    Herrmann has been a blessing and he is showing bits and pieces of the old Herrmann when he turns on the afterburners those chains move pretty damn good.
    Kolo on the opposite end tho...was HORRID!!! For an experienced LB with international and La Liga experience he really shows massive weakness....granted he came into the game for a short time but he almost cost us a goal and he turned over the ball many times:confused:
    Kramer's form has dipped again...not sure whats up with that??
    Anyways its great that we have managed to do so well in the 2nd half..nobody ( even Mr.Super Villain and Eberl) imagined we would pick up as many points as we have so far and remain in all 3 competitions.If hecking and the boys manage to remain in the international business next season...then Hecking will most likely have what it takes to lay down a solid foundation for this club just like Favre...i just hope he dose not chicken out like the Swiss cheese did:thumbsdown::mad::whistling:
    I think this is the first time in the buli a team has had to play against the same opponent 3 times in a row...S04 Will most definitely throw everything at us when we pay them a visit..but they better have more than just the kitchen sink:sneaky::speechless::ninja:
    And it will be interesting to see how the boys meet the demand on the road against the same team they crushed with 4 gates:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::eek::eek::eek::D:D

13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    come on, thrown in cold into a new team after an injury and with few playing time in Espana before
    old style guys like us should show some patience in a fast moving world like ours

he asked to be taken out because of influenza-indications

I liked Kramer's replacement Strobl calmly keeping his head up and figuring out where exactly his pass has to find his receiver (4-1)
    ok, sleepy defenders didn't disturb him that much in doing so
    we'll Strobl again on thursday (Kramer is out because of yellow card suspension)

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think nobody expected Kolo to be on fire ....and yes coming off injury and his first ever game are all valid points...but considering all that you must as well look at his resume and take that into account...maybe it was in my eyes only but for the amount of experience he has and where he is coming from i think he was extremely bad...so bad that i hope and most likely think it was just a coincidence that he looked so lost and below average....lets not forget why this guy was signed to Borussia and what kind of mission is expected from him ...:eek::cool::rolleyes::cautious:
    As for Kramer he picked up his game pretty well when Hecking started here....but past few games his quality has dipped:speechless: and yes u are right his out for the next game.Strobl is pretty reliable but he is no ball distributor ...specially in offensive schemes and build up game...but if he gets that far and close to the opponents box u can be sure he is able to create something dangerous...like he did last night:D:devilish::alien:
    Pretty strange games are coming up...this will go down as the most "Bizzaro" stretch of games in club history and perhaps Buli history.I dont think any two Buli teams have ever played a game in the league to just meet right after in 2 legs for international ranks:whistling::whistling::whistling: To win against S04 in the league ( 4-2) and immediately battle in Europe against them and lets say if we do actually manage to kick them out of EL..this will be a whole separate chapter in club history written under Hecking and will create a new story lines for generations to come and a new milestone:sneaky:...actually all this is driving me pretty crazy specialy now that we are HOT and in Beast Mode :ninja::speechless::speechless::ninja:

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    1) possession is way down under Hecking
    2) running performance is way up (125km! against S04 f.e.)
    (a friend told me that Borussia is occupying all the first ranks of Rückrunde in this section, didn't check that up... one of the allegations - fairly or unfairly - circulating over 'bush radio' was that the team wasn't thoroughly fit under Schubert)
    3) we have a 17-3 goal record in second half
    (Ingolstadt's managing director Gärtner pointed out today that - based on our match against them, the Fiorentina match and the So04 match - Borussia is able to shift into a higher gear in second half if needed... that was somewhat the case against HSV too, it reminded me of some phases under Favre when the team radiated the confidence (and patience) to decide the game in the last third... but let's not get over-enthusiastic: mileage (as well as possession) isn't necessarily the holy grail of winning games ;-)

16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps not......but for BMG........intensity surely seems to be !

Front-foot attacking soccer. No matter what formation Hecking prefers, that's the ticket. Gladbach borders on incompetent when sitting back due to the lack of talent available on defense. When they are healthy enough to "get after you"......good things generally happen.

17. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I guess he'll get into the Gladbach-groove sooner or later
    Christensen is clearly our No.1 CB... his duel-stats are excellent and his positional play and speed! even enable him to avoid lots of duels straight away ... but for how long?... rumours that Conte is leaving Chelsea ... I always thought his future would have been clear by now
    I'm not really disappointed by Vestergaard, his build-up-play is better than expected and he's mostly well functioning by now (like the team is better functioning;-) but he certainly is not great and there potentially are still these monster-lapses once in while... I was hoping Kolo is getting his spot sooner or later
    and then there is still Elvedi (for my liking more a CB than a RB in a back four), the change of coach and the defensive rearrangements involved PLUS his injury apparently set him back in the ranking
    Doucouré is out for the rest of the season

18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I'm somewhat undecided in case of the incompetency-matter ;-)
    defense is clearly getting better under Hecking again, the wings are less exposed and obviously Kramer/Dahoud now have a clearer guidance what to do (and not to do)
    Front-foot attacking soccer sounds very good to me but that needs time, a lot of time at least if you want to do it in an intelligent (as opposed to 'wild') way... it's all about choosing the right moment for access/attack without exposing yourself
    I really dig Tottenham doing this (for my liking better than Klopp's team, at least at home) but Pochettino is drumming this into them for a long long time
    but yes I guess we don't have to start from zero for that, so let's do it more strongly
    I agree in terms of formation: as long as you have the technical skills, quick thinking (and passing), the things mentioned above (and maybe some other things too ;-) you can create havoc with a lot of different formations
    this still needs some thinking in my case... anyway, it's high time for the sandman over here ;-)

19. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Different styles of pressing to different ends. The thing I hate about both styles is that a lot of the work they put in feels for naught. VERY difficult to sustain over so many games w/o proper depth......which they both lack in abundance.

Liverpool is a much more dangerous team in attack. No contest there. They have the speed creators Spurs lack, Tottenham the spine/muscle Liver doesn't contain. Both are flawed imo. Although they press for separate ends, if each ever figured out how to put a real squad together they'd be dangerous with the money they have available.

I like "selective pressing" BMG used to be good at. Not burning themselves out all over all the time........but playing the tactical position game until you made the mistake....then-WHAM ! Snap the trap and counter with pace & passing.

Sleep well.

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #70 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    I hope we keep the High Mileage over ball possession ....but as mentioned above without burning out and sustaining injuries !
    In my experience teams with higher running / kilometers on the pitch are more successful than teams that just circle the ball around.
    What seems to come more and more into light is Drmic and the fact that he simply seems to have lost all his footballing qualities.Of course Hecking has been praising him...so is it just me or you guys also wonder about Drmic and how he has failed to put all that experience and healthy physique to work???
    And also Hahn...whats going on there.Hecking seems to not have much use for him????
    :eek::D:oops:o_O:ROFLMAO::speechless::ninja:

21. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No matter how this Hamburg game ends, the depth and talent of this squad is disgustingly poor. Most of these guys were rested.....no excuse for this crap effort. Having most of this slop constitute your bench.......has Hecking finally seen enough of Drmic'-or are we to be subjected to him any further after today? A couple of stalwarts will be missed at season's end. The rest could leave now and I doubt I'd even notice the difference.

22. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The depth needs continued work...say by adding Onyekuru, Avdijaj & Maxi Philipp this summer...but you were missing your top 4 attackers today with none of Raffael, Stindl, Hazard or Traore even on the bench. Most teams that don't have Bayern, or even BVB money, would struggle to create & score without so many of their best attackers.

23. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. That's the complaint!
    Can't they balance out the bench with some central playmakers-and a CF and pivot who can at least run a bit?
    Bring up kids, I don't care.....just put guys on the field who fit the club! :mad:

Too many of these guys are too slow both mentally and physically. It isn't that the majority burned themselves up on Thursday-this is actually what they are? Yeeeechhhhhh.

24. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's one thing to fill the bench with players who can step in alongside the stars and allow the team to continue clicking. That is absolutely affordable. But filling the bench with guys who can replace the stars to make everything continue to click is a different story. If you can get enough highly talented kids; like the three I mentioned above; then it could be possible. But some of these wasted salaries like Drmic & Hahn, have made that trickier.

*fingers crossed for Onyekuru, Philipp & Avdijaj (or Hagi)*

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #75 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    I tried for about 10-15 min to understand Hecking's line-up selection...it was going nowhere...after seeing how Hamburg was running circles around our heads i added another 80 min to the first 10 min...still couldnt understand what the hell was going on with this team and Hecking???
    Lucky is right no matter what you have to at least try and balance your bench and starting 11.These guys where lucky to score when they did...and by some miracle they could have even scored the 2nd..but it wasent gonno happen cause Drmic was behind the cannon ....the guy cant score no matter what the situation or even when he is 1 on 1 with the keeper...even if his life depended on it:mad::confused:
    Working on talent and youngsters is for later...i would have liked to see our young players...at least they could run..its one thing to be inexperienced and another to be slow retarded and without any gas in your tank.These A Holes where all rested..and the EL game lacked high intensity..so they should have at least tried to run.So many missed passes..loads of sloppy 1 on 1's and crosses...praise to our D for not only carrying us till the end ..but also scoring.Jantschke came in to kill the game and stabilize but the 2nd goal came off his legs...not blaming him but thats what happens when your other players go in space cadet mode...as for Hahn ....the poor guy has been reduced to ruble ...not sure whats happening at the club and our training sessions...but the guy has lost all his confidence and skills???
    And what a VOID when Stindl is not there...i mean without him we might as well play in the 2.liga...and last but not least...Mr.Kramer...Mr. World Mesitero_O:sick::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::( Sloppy passing,no fighting ...no running and a huge dose of mental absence ...anyway a loss was in the works for us...but when u go down like this ( teams like us that have small stints of success )...u suddenly lose all momentum and create a nice "like walk in the park" so to speak blue print for other teams to do what HSV did to us tonight...come end season...and who knows how many of our current talents will leave for bigger and fat richer clubs come end season???Then these clowns would be a treat to watch..back to square one again....Mo D seems like already a done deal for BVB:confused:
    Anyways...this was the most weird /pathetic line up that i have seen in the past 15-20 years and am not exaggerating ...sad to suddenly get exposed like this on national TV..and then there is our bench...whatever i always wanna STFU and contain myself...its not worth getting worked up like this...but cant help it.... i should be used to this circus stunt after over 42 years of being a Borusse....:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: