Fogo de Chao

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by angus_hooligan, Apr 23, 2003.

1. angus_hooligan

angus_hooligan New Member

May 15, 2001
    Chicago
    Has anyone every tried the restaurant Fogo de Chao?

It's an Brazilian steak house that serves their food Gaucho style. The main attraction is meat. The menu promises 15 different cuts. Among those are lamb chops, top and bottom sirloin, filet mignon wrapped with bacon, a fantastic pork loin, smokey chicken breast and legs, fragrant pork sausages and slightly fatty prime rib.
    Instead of menu's there is espeto corrido, or continuous service, of food. Costumed gauchos bearing skewers of meat roam the dining room as their ancestors once roamed the southern Pampas, eager to slice and serve to whomever requests it.

It's pricey ($38.50 per person for dinner, $24.50 for lunch), but I'm just salivating thinking about the place so I'm going to try it.

2. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The trick is to fast 24 hours prior to attending this place, and you'll definitely get your money's worth, or pretty close to it. Make sure you skip out on the appetizers because they'll only take valuable eating space. Make sure to get a reservation, I hear the one in Dallas is full quite often, so if that's an indication of anything, wherever you are, call ahead.

3. Metro

Metro New Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Dallas
    Try it, you'll like it!

I went to the Dallas location last year and I really enjoyed it. I went during the week and had no problem trying to get a table without a reservation. Chicago may be different. Make one just to be safe.

If you like sangria, get a pitcher about ($25) with your meal. They make some of the best.

IMO, it's worth the money.