FM/WWSM Guide to Good Players' Gathering Gab-A-thon

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by DutchFootballRulez, Mar 18, 2005.

1. isilove007

isilove007 New Member

Apr 29, 2005
    sorry this not a reply but a request?// av sent this same msg to every board and very hopefull.a try will convince u

Hi
    I write with great expectation. My name is lukman. A. Aliyu a football player in Nigeria Africa origin of good players of the likes of jay jay of Bolton, Martins of Milan to mention few. It time I talk my career to the peek and will implore the help of any scout or connection to managers that want to trade my skills for money “a mutual benefit’ my dreams is playing in the la liga, Spanish league or any turf league that will show relatively my strength .I bet u, it would not be a regret calling on me I can bet my live with it .I will want any interested person with open transparent to contact me with e-mail isilove007@nyc.com or on mobile: 2348027288490.

Thanks.

2. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my game Arsenal picked up some stud named Aruna, who has been doing really really well. Henry usually comes off the bench now.

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

that is aruna dindane, anderlecht - he is expected to move to a bigger club this summer, and has long been mentioned as a pompey target

4. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    Arouna Kone is also really good (and differnet from Arouna). i've had him on 2 separate saved games and he always seems to score in big games. he's got great dribbling and finishing and had 30 goals for me as my 3rd choice striker...

5. Jules1

Jules1 New Member

May 11, 2005
    Moskwa
    some excellent wingers:

Downing from Noth. Forest
    bierofka german
    taddei from pisa (or other 2nd division team)

And one of the better strikers in the game which is out of contract is Mutu.. place him with farfan and you'll have a top scoring duo

6. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Downing plays for Middlesboro. He's made the england squad recently, but is injured at the moment.

Taddei plays for Siena, a 1st div club. In real life he's just joined Roma.

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    trick... Kleberson can usually be had on the cheap and he is really something else... good stats to start with but by the time he hits 27 he's one of the best players in the game... his versatility is great. he's played DM/CM/LCM/RCM/LW/RW/AMC/LB/RB for me and he never complains about starting time. He's one of the guys I always get because he is cover for everywhere.

8. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    Something different, I won't mention the expensive players in the game (the best of the best, IMO being GK - Casillas, CB - Terry, L/RB - Dede, DM - Vieira, AMC - Ronaldinho, AMR/L - Cristiano Ronaldo, SC - Schevchenko), I'll mention my pick of the ones who can come for more modest fees.

I know the impact is lost by naming large lists of players, so I'll keep my list short. IMO the players listed here are FANTASTIC players who are semi-household names, not the well known stars:

GK: My two picks:
    - Maarten Stekelenburg, young Ajax keeper (fantastic both in game and real life)
    - Igor Akinfeev, CSKA Moscow keeper (again, a great player in real life too)

Def: My two picks:
    - Nigel de Jong, Ajax defender who can play CB and RB (linked with United)
    - Philip Lahm, stuttgart defender

DM: My two picks:
    - Javier Mascherano, River plate (now Corinthians), superb. Just superb.
    - Julio Baptista, Sevilla. Of course now a converted striker, but is a fantastic DM in FM

AM: My two picks:
    - Kim Kallstrom, Rennes. Long Shot attribute fluctuates around 19/20, gets tons of goals from midfield. A tad slow for teams playing Arsenal-like soccer, though.
    - Bastian Schweinsteiger, Bayern. Probably a household name, is fantastic and gets even better. Can play as a winger, but is more suited to AMC IMO

SC: My two picks:
    - Robinho, Santos. (yeah, I know, "who doesn't know him?") Don't be put off by less than stunning initial stats, he actually becomes unbelievable.
    - Pazzini, Atalanta. I've only had him once, and he was fantastic, top scorer well in the 30-40 goal region. But I cannot promise he'll always provide, his stats aren't blinding.

9. blackpool fc mark

blackpool fc mark New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    I have had this game for some time now, but havent had a proper run on it due to me still playing Championship Manager 03/04, now Im getting into FM im really enjoying it, took me time to get used to the new interface but its an improvement, thus my addiction continues.

Now I have read through this post and noticed alot of the players being mentioned as great prospects may be a little to expensive for my team (Blackpool of course), we are in League One and I was just wondering if anybody could recommend some players for this level, I mainly need a new Goalkeeper, Left Back, Versatile Midfielder and a Pacy Striker as I have found at the lower levels, Pace is one of the best attributes to have.

I would be much grateful If anyone could point me in the direction of some suitable players.

I can recommend a Blackpool player to you all, Danny Coid, he can play LB/RB/CB/DM/LW/RW, he is so versatile, in fact my first job as Blackpool manager was to turn down a bid from Man Utd, I know for a fact he goes on to do great things in every game I play, he was awesome in CM03/04 aswell, he would be ideal for any Top EPL team as cover, because he is so versatile, and he would nail down a place in most other Premiership teams. When im not Blackpool he is always my first signing, I once signed him for Celtic, he won player of the year and was named in the CL team of the tournament and came runner up in the European defender of the year award in his first season. Give him a try, you should be able to pick him cheaply at the beginning of the game.

Thanks in advance

10. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    LB:
    Try get Crewe's Billy Jones. Available for free at the start of the game. He might not fancy the step down, though. Oh, and although he's a RB, I'll mention that if you try at the start of the game, you can get Anthony Vanden Borre on a free (he's young so you'll have to pay some kind of compensation though).

GK:
    Libis Andres Arenas

SC:
    Freddy Adu is ridiculously overrated, he becomes as good as any within a couple of years. He trains very well, pace comes into his game. See also Jhon Mosquera (yes, Jhon), and try get Mista on loan.

11. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    As for the midfielder, try Freddy Guarin if you can get a work permit for him. Absolutely superb. He's a United starter for me (in DM ahead of Xabi Alonso, who if you check his FM stats is something else) at age 20.

12. blackpool fc mark

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    Thanks for the suggestions, however, none are of any use to me, My team is a League One outfit with a modest budget of just 30k, but i will keep in mind the players you said, the same names seem to keep popping up, so hopefully i can get them in a couple of years.

Anyway if anybody can recommend some good signings for a League One team to make, preferably players who cost little or nothing, that would be great, in the meantime ill go back to searching

13. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    Most of the players I mentioned are available for free.

14. blackpool fc mark

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    No they arent free, I would have to pay a hefty compensation fee for Jones, Guarin is worth 2million and I've just started the game, the others are also out of budget, 14k dont get you alot these days :D

15. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Freddy Guarin....CEntral Mid/ DM

Freddy Adu....Left WIng and Attacking Mid.........give him like 3 years train him well and he will own the world

good expreiences w/ Seyi George Olofinjana...especially if your playing with a lower Prem team or a division 1 team

Cristiano Ronaldo is you have the cash

Khisanashvili from Rangers....not a lot of money good sweeper

Emmaneul Eboue

these are just a few players ive had good expreinces with

16. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    blackpool, you might try konrad nowak (sc). i've picked him up from motor lublin in poland for $14k. he doesn't have the best technical attributes (although they're good for league 1), but his mental and physical attributes are pretty good. his creativity is right around 18 and soon goes to 20. you prolly won't be able to get him until at least the winter transfer window though. he turns down the contract offer because he says that he only just signed with motor lublin and isn't looking to leave. in my last game, i had gotten mansfield promoted to the championship and a premiership club came calling for him in january. i sold him for 7mil. i'd say that's a decent profit. hell, in my current game, i have darlington in the premiership and his value is at 9.8mil.

a couple other guys i usually try to get on my team in the first year are miguel garcia (rb, i think he's on braga in portugal) and francois kompany (am L, he's only like 15 or 16yrs, but his technique is outstanding; you'll find him in belgium, although he wasn't in my current game). i find that looking at all the club teams in countries like poland, norway, sweden, finland, and portugal (outside of the major clubs) will find you some really cheap talent.

17. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

for CM4

Jabu Pule- South Africa
    Adriano- Brazil
    Julio Baptista- Brazil
    Fabio Simplico- Brazil

a lot of the brazilian players are great and some of them have cheap wages

18. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a year later (in the game, not real life), i just sold him to chelsea for 14m and future incentives. it's january '09. motor lublin has to be pissed - $13,986,000 they could've had. with who did i fill his role on the team? the one and only lebohang mokoena. bought him for 360k, instantly became worth 10m. it'll be interesting to see how high his value gets.

19. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    I've agreed a deal with Chiefs for Mokoena that will see him come to United in the future for 750k (yeah, it's steep, but in my game he's already worth a couple of mil before he's left SA). THRICE now I've nego'd with him and failed to secure a work permit (that is thrice, and appealing on all 3 occasions makes it 6 hearings where my bid to sign him has been thrown out).

Worse news is that now a couple of Italian and Spanish clubs are interested, and they won't have any problems signing him! I wish FM had an option similar to what United have done with Brazilian talent Rincon - completely sign the player but loan him out to several clubs, only worrying about Work Permit applications when you decide to bring him to the prem.

In fact, I should mail that to SI. Upon bidding for a player, you should be able to toggle "make payment subject to grant of work permit". If toggled on, as is the case in the current game, you only finalise the deal and pay if he gets the work permit. If off, you can sign the player and appeal for a work permit whenever you want, in the mean time loaning the player out to clubs as you wish. With this option, the default should be for the player to remain at his current club after the deal is finalized, only coming to your club once the permit is granted, but nonetheless you can offer him on loan to other clubs, fine him, etc as if he were yours.

Good, eh? :D

20. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is one of the things that bugs me about this game. there are some players, mokoena is one of em, that at the exact moment you click to make an offer to the club, or even to scout the player, a bunch of other big name clubs pop up as if they've been interested in him for a long time. it's like they're piggybacking your scouting

21. rivers

rivers New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Canada
    He's been mentioned before, but Daniel Bierofka is incredible in the game, and can be bought for about 500k pounds despite being valued at 2.6 million pounds.

22. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    That Freddy Guarin boy is something else, I'm not positive if this can be concluded of every game played, but for me he's always displayed a fantastic development curve, with good attributes as a teenager that develop into world-class by around 23. I've found that several players with very good attributes at around 17 rarely improve dramatically, and the likes of Francois Kompany with poor starting stats develop into world-beaters, albeit later in their careers, around 24.

I've always thought FM underrated Robinho, his stats aren't too dazzling initially. But I have found that he does develop into an over-a-goal-a-game striker. Him, Fernando Cavernaghi and Fernando Torres are IMO the best strikers you can get if money isn't an issue (of course, that's taking age into consideration, coz from the off Henry, Ruud, Schevchenko and Ronaldo are, well, themselves).

Ajax 'keeper (forgive any drastic sp in this paragraph) Maarten Stekelenborg and CSKA Moscow's Igor Akinfeev are two fantastic options in goal. There's a Colombian Guarin who's something else too.