Alert: FM 2009 Demo: OUT!

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by Teso Dos Bichos, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  2. scottinkc

scottinkc Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    So far, not liking the 3d, although one of the little players dove so realistically it made me laugh. Also, it's frozen up on me 4 times already.

3. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    This is my first time trying a demo version of FM so I don't know if this is normal but I find most players to be weaker than they actually are...

4. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chess_Panther, give an example please?

5. keem-o-sabi

keem-o-sabi Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm giving it a whirl this year as they have 3d, that's why I've always gravitated more towards Fifa Manager, always liked that feature. Can't wait for it to download and start playing it.

6. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    There are a lot of bugs. Mostly injuries, thats a big problem. A lot of people have 5 or more players out with injuries. Also the typing bug is annoying. Trying to type a name into the search box and letters get repeated sometimes 3 in a row.

Played the demo and despite the bugs I still pre-ordered it.

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    There is a patch out on release day to solve those issues.

8. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    isn't release day tomorrow? But Tuesday in the US

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Correct (although as it is now past midnight here, today). You can download it now from Steam.

10. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    It doesn't come out tell the 18th for the US. I pre-ordered, should get here on the 21st. I'm really excited. The demo was fun, even with the bugs. I like it.

11. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    the game is getting slaughtered in the reviews for the nightmare installation process..

12. keem-o-sabi

keem-o-sabi Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like it, i'm downloading the fifa manager demo right now so I can see which one i'm going with for the year.

13. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    It was getting slaughtered during the demo. A lot of people are disapointed, especially with 3d. However, to me its a manager game. I don't care what the 3d looks like. If I want a next gen looking game I'll play fifa 09. Football Manager to me is just about managing, I don't care waht the matches look like. I love FM because I feel it is more realistic imo in terms of managing. You have to deal with work permits (depending on country), I think the transfers are more realistic, and you can play with lower league teams (one of my fav things about it,especially in england).

14. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I just checked out the FM boards and its a zoo. Everyone, proably 85% if not more are having activation problems. I've read threads where some people have been trying for 10plus hours to get it to work.

15. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    for me it fails on the final step.
    The 2nd time you have to activate the product code.
    its a nightmare process .Took over 2 hours to get to that point and I have a fast connection.
    People with slower connections are doomed.

16. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Wow that really sucks. Have you tried the phone activation? I can't believe this. This activation stuff is stupid. There are a lot of people who can't play it. I'm scared to get my game.

17. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    If you read the reviews in amazon.co.uk you will see that the phone activation process is also screwed up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Ma..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1226758272&sr=8-1

The game disk only contains the installation for the STEAM program.
    You have to download the game from STEAM and that takes ages.
    Took about an hour or more at speeds of 700k .
    nightmare!!!

18. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    People who have actually managed to install the game have reported game crashes.
    This game is a monumental screw up.

19. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Have you tried using the other option besides steam called uniloc? I've heard some people have had success using it. I've read that the people who didn't use steam have gotten it to work.

20. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Im gonna wait afew days.
    In fact I might wait until a patch comes out ,seeing as the game is full of bugs.

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Looks like another great SEGA cock-up. I feel sorry for those at SI who are going to be, unfairly, getting the majority of the complaints. I'm holding off for now until SEGA get themselves sorted out and SI release their imminent patch (which was delayed until the activation issue is sorted).

22. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    The whole activation thing is just stupid imo. You can only install the game 5 times. I realize they did it to stop cracks from being up on torrent sites but the cracks are up and working from what I heard.

23. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    update..

when you install there are 2 options

1)steam
    2)uniloc

pick uniloc because all the problems are with steam.
    I just installed comfortably with uniloc .

24. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Good to hear. Mine should get here in the next few days, i'll def. use uniloc.

I think most people were doing steam because 1.) they didn't know about the other option and 2.) with steam they would get automatic updates. However, steam really sucks. I'd rather manually do the updates myself than go with the hassle of steam.

25. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    the steam problem is the root of all the confusion.
    Uniloc is the same as all previous installations .
    these options should have been explained better to the users..
    none of this mess wouldve happened.