Flying Monkeys

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC Supporters Club' started by KnucklesBuchanan, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Civ Gorilla FC

Civ Gorilla FC New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Gorilla FC always supports more simians

2. albinosounder

albinosounder New Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    MLS Refs.

OK.......after the Weyland fiasco, and the BS goal today it's time to put some pressure on MLS for the "referees", and I use the term loosely, that they use. MLS can be contacted at feedback@mlsnet.com . Here is what I wrote today regarding another travesty committed by the refs, and sent to MLS:

So is the league intentionally attempting to become a failure? I only ask, because the newest jewel of the league, and I'm guessing the team that generates the most revenue for the league appears to be the victims of poor officiating at every goddamn game. If this is the best quality officiating you can provide, you may as well close up shop now. I'm about done spending my money on an organization that hires incompetents as referees. My next step will be contacting sponsers, and I will be telling them that I will be going to their competitors because MLS appears to be an organization where the referees are more important then the teams and the quality of the product on the pitch. How can you as an organization justify keeping incompetents such as Weyland, and the crew that allowed an offsides goal after stoppage time? Completely unacceptable, and excuseless. I guess it's only a goal, what the hell does it really matter? It's time to start fining and firing incompetent referees. After the Weyland incident, it would have seemed you'd give a damn as an organization, but apparently not as was proven today. Why not just put a pack of monkeys out their to officiate? It couldn't get any worse.

It's time for more of us to put pressure on MLS, as we're getting screwed every week. Send an email. We're putting our money behind our great time, and the refs, can never make a correct call. Watch the replays. It's factually obvious.

3. milpballer12

milpballer12 Member

Aug 17, 2008
    I'd just like to say a little thing about the Sounders fans.
    I havn't really been following MLS although I watch the playoffs, I havn't watchd because of the leagues past unprofessionalism. You know, playing on turf and dirt fields or football fields- ITS REDICULOUS. Also low attendance and sometimes unmotivated players makes the league seem lower class then it could be. When I heard seattle were building a stadium and getting big names such as Freddie Ljunberg who was my favorite player, I started paying attention a bit more.

Recently, I watched a Seatle game, I dont remember who they were palying but I was impressed. I was impressed with the stadium, it was european type stature, the fans were passionate, the players played with tenacity. I live in milwaukee, although we do not have a team I will now be following the seattle sounders as my favorite MLS team. The games I have watched have been consistant. The fact that they have huge support and feed off of that support to play real soccer is almost a fresh idea for most MLS teams. You guys have 26,000 season ticket holders! Thats as much as most football teams. Thats also as much as the average attendance for MLB and NBA. Thank you for bringing soem spark to this league.

P.S. In the games it says qwest field is sold out at 30,000 but the upper decks are always covered and empty. If it is always sold out why are the selling the other 30,000+ seats up there?

A fellow fan from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.