Florida Superthread

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Mad Hattah, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    the tampa drive is fine i don't care about it, it's only about an hour, but most casual fans from tampa won't go.

2. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    I couldn't imagine Orlando beating Tampa for a club. I love Orlando (from that area) before coming to USF... but, I think Tampa would suit a club much better.

3. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    there are a bunch of clubs around tampa, and if you were at the tmo fitzgerald game, you saw that there were lots of people at the game.

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wrote this message to the Clearwater Galactics administration:

I was wondering are you going to have a stadium built in Clearwater.? I heard that the Al-Lang Stadium in downtown St.Pete is not going to be used by the Tampa Bay Devilrays in 2009. which brings a opportunity of renovation to a 15,000 seat capacity stadium on prime waterfront property.

Here is the reply:

Thanks for the info. Yes, we are planning a stadium in Clearwater. I will forward this info to our board members.

J Ralf

Director of Administration

5. Schwalker

Schwalker New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Gelsenkirchen/Finja
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I must say that I hope Florida at least gets one franchise as soon as possible...As for where and how it´s up to any local I/O that got the clout and money enough to get it done.
    And I have a feeling that things can workout a lot sooner than people think for Florida bevause there have been hints of a group of Miami investors talking to MLS already...

It´s no secret that MLS have a sort of wishlist that includes PacNW, Florida and Philadelphia now that the Bay Area is back...The FC Dallas brass admitted that the "media market footprint" is still their main concern when looking at potential franchises recently so the wishlist is still there. Of course there must a support enough to sustain a MLS team but things could look worse.

6. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    when is all of this going to happen, would be great, live in dunedin and would be so easy for games, st pete wouldn't be hard at all either, bring mls to st pete!

7. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    we tried mlb in st. pete and that isn't a failure...yet.
    i would think that oweners would be reluctant to go to st.pete

8. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    What was the final score today against the Yankees? :D

re: Beckham/Chelsea game
    Damn, now I really want a team! Why should other cities have all the fun!

9. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    holy crap!!!
    we got destroyed
    man we suck

10. scejas

scejas Member

May 21, 2001
    Miami
    sigh I miss my fusion....

11. Romulan

Romulan New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I would love to get season tickets for a new Tampa or St. Pete franchise... Give us another chance!

12. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    welcome to BS
    keep promoting the expansion in florida.

i have to think that tampa or orlando are the frontrunners for any team coming to florida

13. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Florida has so many youth soccer clubs, yet nothing is happening in the professional area. Here is a interesting website about soccer in Florida...

http://soccerfla.com/

14. Romulan

Romulan New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Is there anything we can do? sign a petition? a pledge for tickets? something to increase Florida's chances?

15. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a chance of a lifetime, The Al Lang Field also called Progress Energy Field is being used by the Tampa Bay Devilrays as a spring training facility until 2009. The contract ends in 2009 in which I wrote a letter to the St. Pete City Council, in response they wrote:

Thank you for the e-mail. Yes, the Rays are moving their spring training, and Al Lang will sit idle. However, I do not foresee its demolition, and nothing like that has ever been discussed (at least by the Council). That being said, at $1 M per year, it could be brought up for discussion. I will depend on a lot of input from the community, as well as feasibility studies for development of the stadium into other uses (ie. soccer, amphitheater, baseball tournament venue, college venue, etc.). Demo, to me, would really only be a last resort.

Thank you for the suggestion. Not being a huge soccer fan, I never considered it before.

Bill Foster

As he states it will depend on a lot of input from the community,
    the land is about 47 acres with waterfront property in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg, If you want to support a possibility of having a soccer stadium in the St. Petersburg here is the city councils email:

council@stpete.org

16. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Form a group, set time and meeting place, keep track of the number of members, petition the wealth and local governments.... start a revolution.

17. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    come up with a witty name too.
    i'll join

18. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Disgrunted Mutiny Fans of Tampa - DMFT

19. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member