Florida Superthread

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Mad Hattah, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tampa's attendance was awesome, they would still be around if they weren't league owned during the contraction. They averaged more than all those teams despite only winning 4 games their last year.

2. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007
  3. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got MAN U and still no friendlies in Tampa

4. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    [​IMG]

why can't he come back to tampa, MAN U hates him.

5. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007
  6. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    that's malcom Glazer...owner of the tampa bay buccaneers and Manchester united. if mls gets big, glazer may try an mls team in florida.

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Tampa Bay Mutiny and the Miami Fusion FC. :cool:

-G

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually think he is in NY (Rochester) and still on the mend from a heart attack. His sons, namely Joel Glazer, is running things and he is a big soccer fan.

Someday...

9. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    I've never seen a picture of him.

10. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it would be a good idea if Glazer got interested in having a team in Tampa and since he owns ManU maybe have a MLS team that would be a development team for ManU:) but the name of the team would have nothing in common with ManU

11. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    ok, so philidelphi will probably get a team next year, but when is it plausible to see a tampa team on the map?
    we have already had a team, so has SJ.

BRING BACK THE MUTINY!!!

12. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    I say we trade the Rays for the Mutiny.

13. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    i really wouldn't be suprised if the town voted mls over the rays, they just suck that bad

14. MUTINYFAN

MUTINYFAN Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Orlando
    Repped!

15. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. BlackCoffee&Bourbon

BlackCoffee&Bourbon New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Monticello, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    I'd take a team either in Florida or within a reasonable drive somewhere in the Southeast. I would love to see the Mutiny come back, but is there any chance of that? What about the Glazers? They have Man U... how about Manchester United USA. :p I am actually only half joking... anything to get a team at this point.

My money is on the next team being somewhere in the NW... Portland/Seattle/Vancouver.... the wait continues.

17. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Glazer this, Glazer that. Is there any other wealth in this town (Tampa) or state that might bring a team?

18. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Quick list of wealthy Florida People (wealthiest to 'least' wealthiest):

Micky Arison - CEO of Carnival cruise line and owner of the Miami Heat... lives in Miami and New York. 57 years old.

Daniel Abraham - Self made millionaire and creator of Slim-fast. Older guy (in his 70's) but gives a lot of $$$ to charities. Borne in New York and currently lives in Palm Beach

Robert Edward Rich Sr -
    Started Rich's food company. 93 years old and lives in Palm Beach

Wayne Huizenga -
    Owner of the Miami Dolphin's, Blockbuster video at one time, Autonation... lives in Fort Lauderdale. 73 Years old

James Martin Moran -
    88 years old, self made millionaire. Owner of Southeast Toyota. No city given.

George L Lindemann & family - 66 years old, media and natural gas. No city given.

Arthur L Williams Jr - Inssurance, self made millionaire. No city given

James C France -
    NASCAR, 67 years old. Owns Daytona Speedway, I guess they live in that area

William C France Jr -
    See above... but, he may have died this year.

Mark McCormack -
    Lives in central Florida (Windermere). 74 years old.

Ansin, Edmund Newton - TV stations
    Weber, Charlotte Colket - inheritance
    Morean, William - Jabil Circuit
    Debartolo, Edward John Jr - shopping centers
    Abramson, Leonard - Aetna
    Glazer, Malcolm - conglomerate
    Kimmel, Sidney - Jones Apparel
    Baker, Jay - Kohl's
    Koch, William Ingraham - oil
    Clark, James H - Netscape
    Speer, Roy Merrill - television
    Flinn, Lawrence Jr - satellite TV

Source: http://orlando.about.com/cs/articles/a/wealthyfl.htm

19. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Yea, Bill France passed away.

20. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GALACTICS - Clearwater International F.C.

The No. 1 Soccer Club in Tampa Bay Area!

GALACTICS soccer club is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the task of promoting and enhancing the culture of soccer in Tampa Bay Area.

We are a multi-cultural soccer club and already have members from over 29 different countries in America, Europe and Africa.

To become the No.1 soccer club in the Tampa Area, we will do everything we can, like providing administrative services, promoting and stimulating interest in the sport of soccer and addressing every level of players in all cultures.

To give you a better overview of our services we divided it in
    3 different subjects:

Soccer Practice and Games
    Indoor Soccer
    Club House

SOCCER PRACTICE AND GAMES

Our goal is to have a club with a structure like that of the near century old professional clubs of Europe and South America. We want to have the ability and capacity to / for:

A large youth level with hundreds of kids playing in recreational and competitive leagues like the Super Y-League (age 7 to 17) inside USL (United Soccer Leagues).

Give young and skilled players the opportunity to become professional soccer players playing in the USL Super 20 League (under the age of 20) and PDL (Premier Development League – under the age of 23).

Have our own 15,000-seat soccer stadium in the Clearwater area to accommodate our own professional teams, which will compete in the USL First and Second Division AND International Leagues/Tournaments.

Besides the professional competition we also give amateurs the possibility to play competitive soccer in local leagues like the FSSL (Florida Suncoast Soccer League), Liga Mexicana de Futbol and International Soccer League of Oldsmar .

It is also very important to us to have low membership fees so EVERBODY can afford being a member of our club and enjoy the spirit and fun of playing soccer. We believe that everybody should have the possibility to become a professional soccer player.

21. cel5505

cel5505 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    We need at least one team in Florida.
    Orlando seem to be the best place.
    there just 1 major Team in orlando and i think if the mls does bring a team it will be the easy # 2.
    There is also a big Latino population.

22. drjnieto

drjnieto New Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Chelsea USA next MLS team located in Orlando, FL

23. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    good, i already have a lampard jersey

24. Knightro12

Knightro12 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Tampa was named the most overextended sports city by bizjournals

Area's total personal income:
    $75.6 billion
    Shortfall in personal income:
    $82.3 billion*
    Bottom line:
    Tampa-St. Pete, with 2.6 million residents, is fairly small as big-league markets go, yet it fields teams in three of the four major sports. That ties it with Houston and puts it ahead of San Diego, both of which have much larger populations. Intense competition for sports dollars leaves the Devil Rays as Tampa Bay's odd team out. They ranked dead last in MLB attendance in 2005.

http://www.bizjournals.com/edit_special/36.html

I believe, and hope, that Orlando gets the next team. It's close enough to draw some Tampa fans and would be able to draw soccer fans from across the globe to the games (many Europeans, and South Americans come here)

25. Paul. A

Paul. A Member

Mar 16, 1999
    Wales, UK
    HI!
    I would love a team in Orlando it would be nearer than the Tampa drive that I had to do to see the Mutiny...but I haven't lived in the US that long so i don't know the market...I have doubts about Orlando I hate to say that...I live in Daytona not that many people seem into watching pro soccer here and Orlando doesn't seem that different...I could be wrong i could be wrong! Times are changing a bit...