Florida State 2020

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Crazyhorse, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting 11 as of now for next season. Wild guess

Brown & McFarland F
    Robbins & Payne WM
    Yhao & Nighswonger CM
    Berkely, Pav, Carle and Linn as backline
    BB is goalkeeper

I could see Lynch starting as a wide midfielder once she is fully recovered from injury. Also see Nesbeth getting more playing time for the same reason. Lots of options!

2. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Not bad young whippersnapper, with one exception. You left off Jaelin Howell:cool::confused:
    If Emily Madril does not make the starting lineup we will have some strong substitutes in my opinion

Messi #1 and Crazyhorse repped this.
  3. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    If we take Robbins out of the starting lineup and insert Howell in holding midfield, our reserves would include Nesbeth, Robbins, Lynch, Madril. Oh, and your favorite Newton :)

Crazyhorse repped this.
  4. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoops.....:eek::ROFLMAO:

5. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depth is gonna be amazing!

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    seems like Deyna has signed with the Real Madrid sponsored team, Tacon
    Real Madrid: Deyna Castellanos in line to join CD Tacon - AS.com
    it doesn't go into details if sh'es going to play right away or wait till next season. She's a senior but only 20 years old, do wondering is anybody knows if she
    s going to graduate early or not even bother & join Real Madrid right away?

btw...........bit surprised at this possible sudden move as I've seen Deyna as colour commnetator for some streams as well as into other ventrues/ Right now there's possibly strike looming in the Spanish ladies league due to presumably the low pay

7. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Good for her. I'll be a fan of Deyna's forever!

blissett repped this.
  8. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does not say she signed yet correct?

9. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    blissett repped this.
  10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    updated again, apparently signs now with crosstown, rival Athletico Madrid
    Florida State's Deyna Castellanos signs with Atlético Madrid | Pro Soccer USA
    again, nothings stated if she's going to start right away or wait for next season. Got the feeling she chose AM cause it's in the Champions League this year & most likely next season(since their currently a high 2nd in league standings. Besides the money the Champions League is the main reason for big namers when choosing a team in Europe

Crazyhorse and blissett repped this.
  11. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Good luck to her!

Crazyhorse and blissett repped this.
  12. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you or anyone else know much about Atletico? Are they a power in the womens professional ranks? Who is on their team, any big names? Thanks in advance.

cachundo repped this.
  13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's an allready updated list of their roster
    Spain - Atlético Madrid Féminas - Results, fixtures, squad, statistics, photos, videos and news - Women Soccerway

they've got the Dutch GK that started at the WC final. Maybe 6 Spanish NT's. 2 top Mexican players. Brazil's very fast fwd named Ludmilla, a strong French defender named Tounkara, England's Tony Duggan. Probably the team is good enough to play in the NWSL, but not playoff material. I noticed too, in the last article Deyna took a parting shot at the NWSL, didn't quite understand what that was about

Crazyhorse repped this.
  14. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can anyone tell us anything about the Swedish player Linn Bogren? Thanks in advance.

16. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Atleti are regarded as the breeding ground for world-class forwards. Throughout the years - Griezmann, Torres, Aguero, Diego Costa, Forlan, Falcao, Christian Vieri, Hugo Sanchez. I started following Los Colchonores after they signed Bobo Vieri ... Ohhhhh ... women ..... sorry .... :oops:

17. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #humblebrag ;)

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Crazyhorse and rover8 repped this.
  19. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <<<<<<<<<<<NEW COMMIT ALERT>>>>>>>>>>>

Mia Justus, Goalkeeper, '21

21. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    #13 on TDS. I likey!

22. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Tom,
    Mia Justus has generally been seen as the top keeper in the 2021 class for the past two years. However, in the last 6 months or so, Stanford commit Haley Craig has received a lot of attention, and most recently so has Washington State commit Nadya Cooper.

So who knows who might outshine the others, but Mia certainly is very highly regarded.

I had Mia committed to Rutgers in May of 2017. I gather that she has de-committed from Rutgers and now has committed to FSU??

23. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Tom,
    Mia Justus has generally been seen as the top keeper in the 2021 class for the past two years. However, in the last 6 months or so, Stanford commit Haley Craig has received a lot of attention, and most recently so has Washington State commit Nadya Cooper.

So who knows who might outshine the others, but Mia certainly is very highly regarded.

I had Mia committed to Rutgers in May of 2017. I gather that she has de-committed from Rutgers and now has committed to FSU??

24. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found out about this by looking at FSUs commit list on TDS and she was there. So according to TDS Justus committed to FSU, but they could be wrong.

Also soccer should follow softball and end these ridiculous early commitments.

25. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Tom,

Mia Justus has generally been seen as the top keeper in the in the 2021 class for the last 2+ years and currently the most capped keeper above the U17 level. However, in the last months Washing State commit Nadia Cooper and Stanford commit Haley Craig have got increased attention.

So who knows how it will look in 20 months when this class matriculates, but Mia wills certainly be a top line keeper in any case.

I do not know the source of your information about Mia committing to FSU, but she did publicly commit to Rutgers in mid 2017.