Florida State 2020

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Crazyhorse, Dec 10, 2019.

1. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My goodness what a start!! ... second half edition

Crazyhorse repped this.
  2. LeftyMac

LeftyMac Member

Manchester City
    Portugal
    Nov 13, 2020
    Difference between this final and last year’s College Cup final is FSU is clinical around the box and putting away chances, whereas Stanford couldn’t finish. Both teams are clearly better than UNC. It would’ve been really nice to watch two good teams that play good soccer play against each other.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  3. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    Krikorian has realised he has to match up to win the physical battle from which to then display their clear superiority technically ON the ball. Very happy that the team playing "better" is getting rewarded.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  4. VictoryCB

VictoryCB Member

Florida State Seminoles
    United States
    Dec 4, 2018
    Northern Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crazyhorse repped this.
  5. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Congratulations.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  6. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's pretty much my year ending "prescription" for Steve Swanson. That, and he's got to teach someone how to take free kicks.

7. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you! Its been an awesome shortened season. Us FSU fans are extrememly fortunate to have Coach K leading our program. I honestly thought he would be the USA womens coach one day.

VictoryCB repped this.
  8. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always heard the whispers of Anson being a giant jackass, today confirmed that.

9. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    How so ?

10. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I’ve been on the road and unable to watch it. Can’t wait to see the replay!

Crazyhorse repped this.
  11. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    #411 Eddie K, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    I'm a neutral and have respect for both teams and coaches but it was a comprehensive victory for FSU. Congrats.

I'll make some comments on the UNC thread but tons to say.
    - FSU dealt with and passed out of the UNC pressure. Massive factor. Assume the stats analysis will bear this out. FSU kept the ball better than UNC and in better areas of the field. UNC fouled out of frustration
    - the 2nd FSU goal was an outstanding team goal and fantastic strike. Any team at any level would be thrilled to produce a goal like that.
    - can easily make a case FSU has better players, their roster was managed better, and their tactics were better today as well.

@Crazyhorse could be referring to the AD comments at halftime that were broadcast. Saying 60 of the 70% FSU possession was long balls. AD claiming the possession style points for UNC is rather laughable. If Howell was wearing blue today I'm sure he would be quite happy with her winning all the high balls. FSU had a good combination of possession and playing good longer passes in the seams to keep UNC honest defensively. Macey Bell is very good and saved their arse several times.

The only problem with this game is that it's the last one of 2020 for FSU. And that more fans didn't see them on the stupid ACC Network!

12. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Crazyhorse repped this.
  13. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On audio, during the game, calling Jaelin Howell a rhino....

Respect the Game repped this.
  14. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    As long as you win, very few people care. You realize, the more you watch that the audience is parents and partisans. No one cares for objective coverage and given the tiny percentage that go pro and the $$ involved, its easy to understand why.

There is no upside in challenging the narrative of Womens soccer so no one does

15. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not challenge the narrative?

16. Respect the Game

PSG
    United States
    Apr 17, 2019
    USA
    Watching the replay, looks like UNC gk Dickey hit ball with her hands out of the box on that one play. Even commentators paused when replay watched. I guess you don't send off with a red card the 1st team all ACC gk. But she really looked shakey. That Nesbeth toe poke on near post looked like the mental dagger.

Congrats Fl State. Even knowing the final score, it has been a fun game to watch.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  17. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    There is no benefit in being proven right. If Geno Auriemma called an opposing player an offensive name, there would be repercussions. I doubt i hear anyone confirm what you just alleged, No one dares challenge someone who wins as much as he has.

18. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I just watched it for the first time on replay. Near the end of the 1st half Iwai sends in a cross that Brown dead legs and Flynn misses by an inch and it still hits the upright. That would have been the dagger.
    On the last goal for UNC the one one UNC player was clearly off.
    We've been on the wrong end of the asst swallowing his/her whistle a couple of times this year.
    Not based on her performance today (that's a cherry on top performance), but Robbins was a sure-fire All ACC performer this year, much more so than Zhao.
    I thought they should have put Bell on the All tourney team in place of Dickey.
    I too, thought Dickey used her arms on that one play outside the box.
    I was surprised to hear that Anson thought his 'second line' was the best he's ever had at UNC.

VictoryCB and Respect the Game repped this.
  19. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    The ACC tourney title ledger reads UNC 22, FSU 7, UVA 2, NCSt 1, WF 1.
    Talk about total domination until the last 10 years, but UNC owned this conference until 2010. Since then they have won 2, FSU has won 7 and UVA 1 and WF 1.

Crazyhorse, VictoryCB and sweepsit repped this.
  20. Respect the Game

PSG
    United States
    Apr 17, 2019
    USA
    I know this is FL thread, but i agree about Bell being robbed of 1st team honors.
    Her sweep of what would have been goal #4 (as i had no confidence that Dickey would have stopped that 1v1) was awesome. She not only swept the ball out, no foul, but recovered it to get it up the field for her team.
    Bell is indeed a head always in the game player.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  21. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The coaches are idiots. They put two keepers on an 11 person team. If they are going to be so.cavalier, or they want the freedom to make a.Top 10 list, well then make a Top 10. But two keepers.on an 11 person team seems ludicrous to me.

22. Respect the Game

PSG
    United States
    Apr 17, 2019
    USA
    Agreed. Unless you have a situation where both gk's were from winning team and split games/time. Otherwise, just 1 gk, the winner which was Fl State. Diminishes it really.
    Bell deserved all tourney team.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  23. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    a lot of years conferences put up a first team with no keeper. I’d love to play that team with the honorable mentions.

24. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    How would you like a back line of Berkely, Bell, Fox and Madril? Obviously either Madril or Bell would have to move out wide, but IMHO, that is a USWNT quality back line. As to the All tourney team, take away Nighswonger and Dickey. Add in Nesbeth and Bell.

25. nocarters

nocarters Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Georgia
    I dunno, a rhino is pretty bad a**, now if he called her a hippo..

Respect the Game and Crazyhorse repped this.