Florida Man...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by HerthaBerwyn, Feb 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Something about woke corporations….

bigredfutbol, raza_rebel and xtomx repped this.
  2. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    #652 raza_rebel, May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
    Because now I have more Disney news than I expected or wanted, this forum does as well. Thanks, Google.

Nazis Have Started Protesting Outside Walt Disney World

According to The Jerusalem Post, this is not the first time swastikas have been seen at WDW protests. They were seen during a February 2022 protest against Disney. Just a reminder: if you are ever protesting something and someone with a swastika flag agrees with you, it's time to pack it up and go home. Rethink your life choices and how you got to where a guy with a Nazi flag looks you square in the eye and says " Ya know, you make a good point."

onefineesq, bigredfutbol, xtomx and 4 others repped this.
  3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Missouri man feels upstaged by Florida man:

1524104940939005954 is not a valid tweet id

raza_rebel and bigredfutbol repped this.
  4. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Full disclosure: In Fall 2019 my wife and my 2 sister's families agreed to go to Orlando for a family vacation. I took point on organizing the whole shebang and that is one of the reasons I keep getting Google Ads or News for Universal and WDW parks as well as a lot of Florida stuff in general. I bowed out after there were too many cooks in the kitchen.

Now I get a lot more FL news than what I wanted or expected.

Anyways, remember when the FL GOP kept saying the "Don't Say Gay" bill would only affect K-3 grades. Guess what....yeaaaaah, no. The vague verbiage gave people the impression that you could extend it to a HS yearbook.

From the town that brought you the Trayvon Martin case> https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...k-censorship-flap-states-lgbtq-bill-rcna28342

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Hoo!

1524447124888428545 is not a valid tweet id

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Florida man violates constitution, enjoys it…

Mike03 and xtomx repped this.
  7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Florida man personifies US feeling in 2020:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...phTAlAeRlaF5krefVSH7RBVdg9AEpuG-l8YYfDByyGkBE

Just after noon on Tuesday, a passenger flying in a single-engine plane about 20 miles east of Boca Raton, Fla., radioed air-traffic control.
    “I’ve got a serious situation here. My pilot has gone incoherent,” the man said, adding from about 9,000 feet up that he had “no idea how to fly the airplane.”

The passenger, who did not identify himself in the exchange archived on LiveATC.net, told the control tower that he was not sure where he was — only that he could “see the coast of Florida in front of me.”

An air traffic controller and a pilot reacted to a passenger with no flying experience landing a plane on May 10 after the pilot became "incapacitated."
    From a tower in Fort Pierce, about 75 miles north of Boca Raton, the air traffic controller asked the passenger to reiterate his situation. The passenger repeated that the pilot was incoherent: “He is out.”

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An article that hints on why Miami Latinos may different from Nation wide Latinos.

https://www.economist.com/the-ameri...-america-has-a-commercial-capital-it-is-miami

Dr. Wankler and soccernutter repped this.
  9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but 77,000 Cast Members does not mean 77,000 votes in Orange or Osceola Counties, or even in Florida.
    1 - There are plenty of employees I knew when I worked there who lived in Polk county, which is just south east. And I also know there were plenty who lived west, likely in Lake County.
    2 - There are a significant number of employees who are on a college program. For what ever criticism it gets (and there is a huge amount), they are only there for a semester, less than 6 months. I would be surprised if a large enough number registered to vote in Orange County.
    3 - There is also a significant International Program, to bring foreign students who speak a needed foreign language (such as French or Brasilian Portugese or the various dialects of South American Spanish), as well as from other countries (when I was there, there were plenty of Australian and New Zealanders).

It is still a significant amount, but I would guess the number to be under 50,000.

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'll go to my car...nope.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn you SC man!

M, usscouse and onefineesq repped this.
  12. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    xtomx repped this.
  13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Florida Gino:

bigredfutbol repped this.
  14. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 150th Anniversary of the DC Fire Department was last weekend. There was a parade with both current and vintage fire equipment from the departments in DC and surrounding areas. In addition, some distant fire departments sent equipment to the parade, including rural departments in Wisconsin and Maine. And at the end of the parade . . .a vintage fire truck from Gilchrist County, Florida with a Confederate flag and "Let's Go Brandon" flag.

Stay classy, Florida.

gilchrist_co_fd_flags.jpeg

bigredfutbol repped this.
  15. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Florida Man turns tables on ingnorant ass principal

16. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I like this very much, I have to say that it's not a good look to refer to the principal as "ingnorant". :)

17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Why?

xtomx repped this.
  18. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because calling someone "ingnorant" is ignorant.

dapip repped this.
  19. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Florida, and Republicans in general, think books about gay penguins in schools is too dangerous for children, but AR-15s should be standard equipment in every classroom.

dapip and xtomx repped this.
  20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    DeathSantis wants to kill special athletes:

21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    High schoolers near or at the top of the food chain make faaaaaaar too much of graduation ceremonies. They're gonna be some of your best years, but HS graduation is not a big deal. Almost everybody does it.

A president/valedictorian/salutatorian should expect to have at least two more of these ceremonies, each with increasing importance. So you go to the ********ing mic and say, "My speech is being micromanaged by the administration, so I'm just gonna say ******** this place, and I'll see you when I see you". Then you prepare to sue the short hairs off anyone who tries to deny your diploma or GPA.

QuakeAttack repped this.
  22. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Why would you do business in FL unless you had to?

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are many great things about Florida. So in the past the answers were obvious. Going forward, who knows.

24. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    This is the first time I caught this. An ingnorant seems like some sort of seabird

25. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States