Florentino Luis : The next star

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by prodigal_mind, Oct 18, 2019.

1. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  2. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ever since going down Benfica struggle to win any games period. The best dm in our liga right now. This guy is gonna be a star.

3. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I don’t rate him.

4. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have one of the best track records in the world at rating players. Trust me he is legit.

5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Like Sanches?

6. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

7. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Everyone with a brain knows the true reason Sanches didnt succeed in Germany. The coach is Croatian after all....

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Where's the Fabio Silva thread?

Hahaha right.

BTW, where's the Fabio Silva thread? That's a real player right therem

9. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I really like the look of Florentino. Wouldn't mind at all if Liverpool took a look at him.

10. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is why i am a prodigal mind. He returns and Benfica wins a CL match,

He would be good in Livepool. Good fit for Barcelona too with Busquets getting older

11. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I’m not sure he will become as good as William. At best he might reach the level of a petit .

12. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What does a statement like this even mean? This is a very Trump thing to say. So there is a data base out there that tracks online forum users and compares their rating of young players against eachother, and you are ranked one of the best? Well I guess you are a very stable football genius.

13. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Im honoured to be compared to a billionaire president of the worlds most powerful country. Thank you sir.

14. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're very welcome my man. If everyday I can make one idiot feel good about himself, than well, I feel good about it. So what about that data base?

15. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #15 prodigal_mind, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    My track record is second to none. I have been calling the shots for years and i have an accuracy rate of 74.72 percent (would be higher if not for Renato, but he still has time to fix this) when it comes to projecting youth talents. This sort of efficiency and attention to detail is my forte and has been throughout my life and explains my success in schooling and my career which i still reap the benefits of with each passing year. Honestly when i look back at my life i even inspire myself to keep the drive going, knowing the obstacles i have overcome to get to where i am just drives me to reach greater heights. My son is lucky to not only have half my DNA, but to also have my guidance.

16. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This started because I've always been curious as to why people make blank and baseless statements, but now it has turned into me realizing you could very well be crazy. Never mind, carry on.

17. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I rewatched the benfica game.
    Not sure where the hype is for Florentino Luis. He is too small to become a top DM in the modern game.

18. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What i say isnt blank or baseless. Everything i say has a basis and reason. Remember that.

Another incredible performance by Florentino. He looks even better when watching the game in person, its then you really admire his genius. My boy told me he saw the game on a spanish stream, and said the commentator was praising him nonstop.

19. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Following Florentino's loans to Monaco and Getafe, I (he/him) was beginning to doubt my abilities. Although I have had such monumental success in predicting the career trajectories of youth talents, was it possible that I had lost my touch with age and as a result, exited my prime? Could I have been a victim of my own success wherein I lost the work ethic that was key to my career success due to the overconfidence I developed from my prolonged success as a football talent evaluator? It was definitely one of the darkest moments of my life thus far and it even lead to me seeking the guidance of a psychologist. I met with Dr. Susan David (they/them, Harvard graduated psychologist) in March of 2022 to discuss these feelings of self doubt I was experiencing. After performing numerous cognitive and psychological evaluations on me, they assured that they did not believe I was experiencing any form of cognitive decline since I "aced the cognitive test." They described the importance of patience, self-belief, and not letting the RARE failures I experience to negative effect my self-efficacy. They also noted that Florentino is only 22 years old, so my evaluation may still in fact be correct. Fast forward 6 months....and Florentino is now a starter and key player in Roger Schmidt's team. I feel vindicated and am completely grateful for Dr. Susan David's expertise, as without them, I may have given up.

Just a reminder, it does not make you any less of a man to seek psychiatric help. If you are ever experiencing darkness akin to what I experienced, please do not feel afraid to reach out for professional help. I recommend Dr. Susan David if you are ever in need of a psychologist.

Thanks.