Fletcher to go out on loan?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Republic of Mancunia, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just been reading that Darren Fletcher is considering the possibility the possibility of going out on loan in a bid to get some first-team football football under his belt.

Fletcher himself has been quoted as saying, "I realise the manager is looking to play a settled side right now", and apparently SAF has already turned down an approach by Wigan to take him on loan and Leeds are reportedly interseted too although no official approach has been made.

What do you all think? Would you like to see him get some minutes on the field, even if it's at another club? Do you think he would come back a better player? Do you think this would benefit Fletcher himself and in the long-term Manchester United? Or would you rather we keep hold of him for now, just in case of injuries? What do you all think of Fletcher?

Personally speaking I'm still undecided on Darren Fletcher, I like his tenacity and determination and he seems like a very confident guy but at times I question his level of skill.

I'd actually put him ahead of Kleberson, (who I don't rate at all), ahead of Miller, (who I haven't seen much of) but behind Djemba Djemba (not the most talented but I love his attitude).

It seems as though Fletch is way down the pecking order right now, with the three guys mentioned above and even John O'shea and Phil Neville seemingly ahead of him in the battle to win a midfield spot and so I'd have to come down on the side on saying that I think it would be a good idea to let him go out on loan for a while.

He's still young and developing and I believe what he needs right now is some regular first team football to aid his development as much as possible. The only thing that would make me hesitant about loaning him out is the transfer rules as I heard Chelsea wanted to recall Carlton Cole from Villa after they sacked Mutu but were unable to do this until the transfer window opens up in January which may become a problem if we were to have a run of injuries in midfield.

I'd be interested to hear others' opinions on this, would you like to see him loaned out or not?

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I'd be interested in seeing Fletcher go out on loan. Wigan would be nice since it's so close.

3. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Not right sure why he figured soo much last year, yet this time hasnt even seen the bench?

4. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    If Fergie refuses to play him, then he must be sent on loan to a decent side.

5. SamWAFC

SamWAFC New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    He'd be a decent signing for us... he'd have to be in form though to get into our team atm ;)

6. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'd like to see him get some good time playing somewhere, it would give him a chance to develop and make some impact. He is youg and I think he eeds to keep growing as a player, making himsefl better, etc... He does not seem to be a real challnger for a midfielder role now so a loan would be good.

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Latest rumours are West Ham or possibly Rangers.

8. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sky Sports now saying fergie is unlikely to let him go.

click here for the story.

9. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    It's a shite thing being Scottish.

:cool:

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  11. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    Haha, dont take it sop seriously dude :( I think he means being Scottish and playing football. Realistically, Scotland IS (no matter how much you deny it) in a dire state in fotballing terms at the moment.

12. BillyManutd

BillyManutd New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC
    Fergie said that Fletcher will turn his season around. How does Fergie expect Fletcher to do that when he doesn't have regular first team action. I think it would be better to loan Fletcher for 2 months maximum and see how he performs. He did well at the end of last season and if given a good run he can prove to be a great player in midfield for us, which he has proven in the scottish NT.