Flash 2015-2016 Off Season

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by CoachJon, Oct 20, 2015.

1. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Algarve: D'Angelo's first cap. :thumbsup:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/generic/canadian-women-soccer-belgium-algarve-cup-1.3476311

Canadian coach John Herdman noted Clarke and D'Angelo have been difference-makers.

"They both acquitted themselves very well [against Belgium] and young Gabby Carle had an impressive performance."

D'Angelo admitted to battling nerves at the beginning of the match.

"I got a little bit emotional during the national anthem knowing it was my first cap," she said, "but as a team, we got the job done. We stuck to structure and played well."

and Equalizer:

At the Algarve Cup, a pair of Canadians made good on their first senior team caps in a 1-0 victory over Belgium. Summer Clarke, 20, scored in the 86th minute and Sabrina D’Angelo made it stand up for a clean sheet making memorable debuts for both players

BlueCrimson and WNYChelseaFan repped this.
  2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CoachJon and 8MiLLeNiuM repped this.
  3. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turf work starts on Wednesday - per tonight's interview of Pat Ercoli (Rhinos' President and COO - who was kept on by the Dworkins) on Soccer is a Kick in the Grass WYSL Radio. http://www.soccerisakickinthegrass.com/ .

During the first part of the program, they interviewed Jackie Maynard (ex-WNY Flash), who is now Communications Manager at Orlando City- MLS, USL, and NWSL. I did not pick up any substance from it- it was a lot of 'How's the weather down there?" and "what an amazing home opener for the men!" I missed the minute they talked about the Pride.

BlueCrimson and holden repped this.
  4. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not know if she started, but D'Angelo was between the pipes at the 54th minute when I tuned in. Score 0 CAN 0 BRA at 59:00

5. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    She did not. Labbe started and D'Angelo was subbed in at the half. Canada has played all 3 keepers this tourney.

CoachJon repped this.
  6. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    D'Angelo had a giveaway at 80:44 - no harm done- and at about 88:00 Cristiane scored a that's-what-Cristiane-does goal from about 25 yds to spoil the clean sheet. CAN win 2-1.

7. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Not a perfect game but one that gives great experience against a dangerous team. I'm guessing McLeod will be back for the friendlies in June but would love to see D'Angelo get the start against Brazil in one of those games in Toronto/Ottawa.

CoachJon repped this.
  8. RockyTopFan

RockyTopFan Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Tennessee
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jill Ellis - You can play more than one goal keeper in a tournament?:eek:

9. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    holden and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  10. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WNYChelseaFan and CoachJon repped this.
  11. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is fantastic for the Flash, esp. D'Angelo and Eckerstrom. I was hoping Riley would do this. From Vallow's twitter, it looked like his personal life was firmly ensconced in Portland.

In other news, Kristie sticks up for sister Sam:

8MiLLeNiuM repped this.
  12. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RE Vallow:
    Hi, there - are you or your daughter going to be able to recconnoiter the Flash open tryouts this weekend?

13. WNYChelseaFan

WNYChelseaFan Member

Apr 5, 2014
    NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No we won't be anywhere down near Sahlen's this weekend.

CoachJon repped this.
  14. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    If anyone is actually saying that, then they clearly haven't watched MewTwo play very much. It was such a prototypical shot for her to take. Low and hard from outside the box. People don't seem to realize those shots are very hard for GKs to stop, as evidenced by Germany's first goal. If you'd watched her in college, you'd've seen the majority of her goals came from shots just like that. Look at the picture below, anybody else probably would've dribbled a bit too far (it looks like there is plenty of space to get in to the box) and then been swarmed by the Germany defense and not gotten the shot off (other than Carli, who would've taken the shot but probably would've skyed it over the goal) or tried to pass to one of the other players, who were covered. Taking the shot she did was the best option.
    [​IMG]

8MiLLeNiuM and CoachJon repped this.
  15. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    You know what I like, you never do join in these post game "analysis" that we have unless MewTwo is involved. I knew she was a favorite of yours but didn't know to what extend.

16. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    All the former Pali Blues are my favorites. ;)

But really it's just that I've seen them play the most (because the Blues and UCLA are local). So I feel the most qualified to comment on them.

Gilmoy and CoachJon repped this.
  17. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the Flash did a formal announcement: Kylie Woyat is the new Communications Manager. She did a Periscope with Liz Eddy while waiting for bags in the Buffalo airport yesterday.

Liz said her roommate was going to be Jeon Gaeul.

Woyat's background looks pretty good.

http://kwoyat.weebly.com/about.html

BlueCrimson repped this.
  18. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jess McDonald update - I'm loving the strategically placed Flash scarf.