flags at the remaining home games.

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by irishFS1921, Aug 27, 2002.

1. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    ok. so i look at pictures from other ultras and i see stands full of flags. i go to our games....not many flags. (club and country flags.) i am bringing a flag to the next game and i encourage others to. unless there is something or someone against this that i don't know about. i'm doing it to show some pride. any input would be great.

-irish

2. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    i think (and this is a relative n00b talking) that there's a rule against actual flag poles, but not flags themselves....or something like that.

i'm all for more flags, i think section 8 can still be more crazy. maybe something like smaller, individual red flags or bandanna-type things (all waving in unison, picture the possibilities).

maybe we should shoot to have a couple more big ones by next season...or something.

we do need more though. despite how awesome section 8 is, our "insanity" factor is still not sastisfactory. at least to me.

and the website he speaks of is ultrasoccer.com.

MORE COLOR!

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

there are flags for people to use in section 8, oft times most don't get passed out at the games (at least the ones i have made it to this year)... and if you are bringing one on a pole, you might have a problem getting it in to the stadium

but yeah, bring it... and i'm sure someone will say something on what to do to get it in

-jim

4. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

the flags available for use in section 8 are on poles... getting your own into the stadium on a pole is another question all together... the ones currently there are stored by the team for us

as for more big flags, the one we use currently goes to the top of the section... we were using another one last year, but the smaller section makes it a bit harder to have 2 going

5. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i don't mean anything huge. just personal flags to hold over your head outstreched.

[​IMG]

i just want to put some color and more action into the stands is all. anything to get more people excited and to get them to come back to games and spend more money so the league grows. no matter how small a part i play.

6. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    that photo looks exactly like i was picturing...just make the flags red and blue (or black, or whatever) and make them not-scottish haha.

7. There are 12 big flags and 20 small flags (in one color only, blue or red) for your use in Section 8 during the match. The problem is that nobody wants to wave or hold them. If you want to hold one of these smaller flags, come earlier, say 30-40 minutes before the game, and ask the guys who hang the banners for it. I am sure they will be happy to give one to you.

We have enough flags to cover the entire section. The problem is that if we wave all of them at one time, nobody is going to see anything on the field, but we could wave them during breaks in play.

8. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    let's do that!
    -irish

9. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I thought thats what the scarves were for.