Flags and sight lines

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by dsheon, Sep 10, 2007.

1. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bbbulldog told you there would be no flags tonight ;)

2. zdravei

zdravei New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    The Aisle of 136 RFK
    I heard every chant really well tonight. I was impressed. I was pleased when I heard Wings Of An Eagle on TV :D

3. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Of course there weren't...

Its an amazing example of the internerd and the power of Big Soccer at work :D

4. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    we had a little break from flags, cos if you hate flags I suggest not watching at the end of the month.

In fact we weren't going to bring any for NE either, but then I remembered they can't have flags in their stadium so I wanted to rub it in a bit :D

5. WillisSkullsVA

WillisSkullsVA New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Richmond Virginia
    I know someone else has said this but here goes it,
    at the NE game someone handed me the flag, now mind you I want to watch the game too, so I try to be mindfull of the situation. The reality is when the big flag goes up I am putting the flag up....we are there for United and if this means I have to look at the big screen while waving a flag....than I'm doing it. Really, even when the flags are down I can't see any action on the near corner anyway cause everyone is standing on the seats.....are we all gonna start sitting down now too? I am new to the Barra and I recognize the respect that is issued when it comes to certain aspects of the game...I don't bring my horn cause no one wants it there....and I don't scream obsenity at former DC united players either cause Barra is better than that...respect to people who have been around awhile and know where to draw a line but really, if we rock it out, than the flag is up and I don't think any one really has a problem with that from Barra....

p.s- just another example of class....I wasn't at the game yesterday due to work, but I heard in the media that Barra was handing out chants to former DCU players that deserved it....much respect for that. I respect all of you guys (and girls). We are the best team and the best supporters and ******** the assholes from wherever who hate...and I'll try to keep the flag down when appropriate.

6. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if your horn is a real trumpet and not one of those retarded stadium horns please bring it. a trumpet can lead to some great chants :D

7. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    this one in first third is sick with good trumpet (no trumpet in this one tho, and I can't find one with it).

[youtube]7njmTtYVGTg[/youtube]

oo clapping, no drums :D

8. FCBfan

FCBfan Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    sweet, just sweet.......what were they saying?
    and can we change that into DC stuff?
    just awesome, imagine the whole loud side like that!

10. Blancanieva

Blancanieva New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Alexandria
    ^^

maybe it was free flag night at the game!

anyone remember the skins game when they gave out free seat cushions and EVERYONE threw them onto the field?
    probably 15 years ago.

11. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    That was the Divisional playoff game vs Atlanta Falcons in 91 on their way to the Super Bowl. The year where the Falcons had MC Hammer strolling the sidelines in a full length fur. His Too Legit to Quit days.

12. zdravei

zdravei New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    The Aisle of 136 RFK
    I wasn't born yet.

13. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to make the rest of us feel ancient.

14. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Here Alec, I'll lend you my walker.

;)

15. Blancanieva

Blancanieva New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Alexandria
    hmm, the game with mc hammer (yes he had an mc at one point kids) had a rediculous forward lateral. it was the last week in december.

but the game when the seat tossing happened was at good old rfk?

16. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    To bring this thread back on topic, WSV has a good point.

On Wednesday night, I had a ********ing work call that I had to take. It's such an inconvenience to have to leave the barra to talk on the cell phone. I propose that a signal is given (such as the SSSSHHHH!!! flag raised) when someone gets a call that everyone in the barra is quiet, no drums, no clapping, perhaps pantomime to still continue to support the club. This way I can stand and watch the game without having to retreat to a bathroom.
    Different point, why do so many people come into a bathroom while the game is going on? It's on 45 minutes, just hold it....

17. FCBfan

FCBfan Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope that was sarcasm.

18. D.C. Beast

D.C. Beast New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    DC
    Cause them hooligans during half time moshing around! :D

And have you ever seen the lines!!! :eek:

19. hexagone

hexagone Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Brussels
    Or maybe we could just have the Nationals make an appearance and people will automatically go back to sitting down and waiting silently for the Presidents' race.