Flag Designs!

Discussion in 'Terminus Legion' started by CAllen91, Apr 13, 2014.

1. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been sketching out flag designs in class and as soon as I get them into a digital form I'll post them but was just wondering if anybody else had any ideas or designs?

2. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    All the Yankees get upset when we talk about having a regional flag like Cascadia and New England. I do think we should have one. Also, I was think that it would be cool if people who come to the games from different states bring their state flags. So you could have people with Tenn, Ga, SC, Al and other Southern state flags. Think if you saw that on TV. The Souths MLS team with fans from all over in the stands with their state flag.

Pineapplejoe repped this.
  3. ArsenalACE

ArsenalACE Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Rome, GA
    That could be a cool idea. It would be cool if they "state" flags were in team colors or with a team feel.

4. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'd be wary of making anything that comes across as forced or hokey, however. Part of the appeal for the Cascadian and Rocky Mountain rivalries is their authenticity based on competition and relationships that existed before soccer. Let's be honest, ATL-Orlando isn't exactly along-standing or heated rivalry. There's no other primary binding element other than being in the south, and there are enough variants to what we call southern culture that even that connection is rather sublime.

I say let's simply celebrate ourselves and our city and our own culture. Be a team that's happy to take on all comers and treat every opponent as a respected adversary. In other words hate everyone equally!

Resurgens and tourist repped this.
  5. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Made this with freshpaint on my surface so please excuse the fact they look like a kindergartener drew these.

Also this was before I knew it was Red/Black/Gold so I was going with a yellow/orange combo.

ATL Flag based on Phillips
    [​IMG]

Red "train track" Flag. Inspired by the Final Four logo this year
    [​IMG]

Red with Orange outline.
    [​IMG]

Red with Silver
    [​IMG]

Highway Web Flag
    [​IMG]

Terminus Legion Monogram
    [​IMG]

6. ArsenalACE

ArsenalACE Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Looks like Puma Logo...and yes I thought you stole these from en Elem School art room.

7. crowtales

crowtales New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Marietta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't help but notice the TL Flags at the Announcement event. Can I ask where you guys had those made?

8. ATLNewsDog01

ATLNewsDog01 Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Winder, GA
    I believe the founder designed them because I read that he's a graphic designer.

9. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do y'all think of the interstate flag?

10. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    A flag with a Longleaf Pine on it. Longleaf Pine would be a good Southern symbol.

11. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
  12. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why not a dogwood, or an actual peach tree?

I'd think that if we take the Legion theme to heart then mounted vertical banners would be on order for some occassions.

mls2atl repped this.
  14. Dr. Dogfish

Dr. Dogfish Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Heart of Darkness
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't do pine! Pine Tree is the symbol of New England - thus it exists on the flag of New England as well as the back of the Rev's shirts.

15. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I guess you could do either. My idea was for a white flag with a stylized Longleaf pine in the center. Around the pine forming a circle would be stars in blue. One star for each state. So, you a star for Al, Ga, Tenn, Fl, SC and NC. I don't know if you would count Miss and La. Are they Houston fans? If not, then you can add a star for them too.

16. ArsenalACE

ArsenalACE Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Rome, GA
    I like the idea but it sounds too much like the Timbers Army flag.

[​IMG]

17. Resurgens

Resurgens Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Athens, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys the real symbol would be the magnolia. Hands down. It should really be the symbol of the new south because one of the flower's main symbolic meanings is perseverance and being identified with the south. Just imagine a forest green flag with a magnolia in the middle (in heraldry a magnolia looks like a white rose), we could make so many House Tyrell references (i.e Growing Strong). However, I feel like we shouldn't focus on something like a regional flag. Cascadia happen naturally, it isn't a standard to copy. ATL will have it's own traditions that should evolve, look at the Uga at UGA and the rock at Clemson. Right now we can just use the georgia flag and fans from Bama can use the bam a flag, etc. Let's be us without trying to be someone else's idea of great soccer fan.

GaSouthern repped this.
  18. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    That's a fur tree that was created in the 90's for the Cascadia movement by a college professor. There is nothing organic about it.

19. Resurgens

Resurgens Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Athens, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was created for a movement that predates MLS in the area. But it wasn't created by soccer…. This regional flag is something we are forcing just for this team.

20. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    There is a regional flag for the South that's over 100 years old. You just can't use it.

CAllen91 and Resurgens repped this.
  21. Resurgens

Resurgens Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Athens, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we're all okay with not using that. But would the Stars and Bars be a problem you guys think? It's original, classy, but still may have the racism stigma attached to it of the CSA even if the GA flag is basically it. I still say the white magnolia on a green field if we go through with it, but hey I'm biased. Remember that the Doug flag and the NE flag both use evergreens, do we really want to look like that much of copycats with a longleaf pine?

22. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    At first most people wouldn't know what the Stars and Bars are. Some would think that it's some 1776 flag. However, I'm sure that the Stars and Bars have been used by the Klan and Neo-Nazis. Then when all the soccer fans know what the Stars and Bars really is, they will just call all of us racists. So, you can make one up or use one already made.

23. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are giving people too much credit...

Nobody has figured it out yet with the Georgia state flag. Everyone just says oh I'm so glad we got rid of the confederate flag lol.

If you think people may read into it, you could always do the Bonnie Blue flag.

24. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I definitely wish that there would be a new flag to represent the new south... I wish there would be more of a push for southerners to embrace who we are without being labeled racists.

I definitely like the idea of using a Phoenix... Other symbols to maybe include are a heart for peace, olive branch for peace, morning sun for renewal, or a star to represent the states.